HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers interested in Conroy and Morrison? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=334674)

Lundqvist=Vezina 01-20-2007 05:26 PM

Rangers interested in Conroy and Morrison?

Quote:

The New York Rangers, who own the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, are believed to be one of the teams seeking a veteran center to replace Blair Betts on a second line with Brendan Shanahan and Marcel Hossa.

The Rangers apparently have their sights set on Forsberg, Vancouver's Brendan Morrison and Los Angeles' Craig Conroy.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/index.html

I watch the Kings a lot because I live in LA and I do not want Conroy. He has 16 points, granted he plays a horrible team but most of the time he is invisible out on the ice and doesn't generate any offense. I would rather have Immonen or Cullen centering the second line than Conroy.

Onion Boy 01-20-2007 05:36 PM

Morrison would not be a bad pick-up at all. Any idea what Vancouver would want in return? I guess shipping Malik back to the Nucks is wishful thinking.

Inferno 01-20-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599 (Post 7738668)
Morrison would not be a bad pick-up at all. Any idea what Vancouver would want in return? I guess shipping Malik back to the Nucks is wishful thinking.

prucha montoya dubinsky and a first.

:D

bleedblue94 01-20-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599 (Post 7738668)

actually i remember reading VAN was trying to move him bc i believe his contract is for 3 or 3.3 million for this year and next year as well, so they were trying to get some cap relief by moving him. the same was said about attempts to move matt cooke.... wouldnt mind getting them both if we can unload one of our contracts and one of our 3-4 line guys..... obviously we are going to have to add something but im not certain its a terrible idea for something like morrison and cooke for malik (who was very successful there), hossa/hall, and immonen/pick

NYR94 01-20-2007 06:16 PM

I haven't seen these guys play enough this year to really have a feel for them. Conroy's best years were with Iginla, so maybe centering Shanahan could help him. It depends on the cost. Although at this point in his career, Conroy strikes me as more of a 3rd line center. The Rangers already have enough of those. Maybe Morrison helps. Depends on the price.

nuckfan insk 01-20-2007 06:30 PM

mo for byers, pock, and hall

Brooklyn Ranger 01-20-2007 07:01 PM

Weight went to Carolina for a 1st round pick--I doubt Morrison would go for some of our trash.

FLYLine24* 01-20-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 7739153)

Good proposal. Id definitly think about it. Is Morrison an UFA after this season?

Caspian30 01-20-2007 07:24 PM

Just to clear things up, following this season Morrison has one year left @ 3.2 million.

He's really turned it around so the Nucks will want something decent in return. Maybe Prucha?

Fletch 01-20-2007 08:24 PM

What's funny about that blurb...

is that Betts has played only a few games as a second line center and Hossa has played even less there. Maybe he knows something about the rumor, but he knows nothing about the Rangers.

In The Flesh 01-20-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

not Pock, how about rachunek

In The Flesh 01-20-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caspian30 (Post 7739855)
Just to clear things up, following this season Morrison has one year left @ 3.2 million.

He's really turned it around so the Nucks will want something decent in return. Maybe Prucha?

Forget Prucha, no way, but knowing Sather, its not a bad bet.

Janerixon 01-20-2007 08:57 PM

I would not be suprised at all if the trade was prucha and hall for morrison

straka-nylander-jagr
cullen-morrison-shanahan
hossa-betts-ortmeyer
hollweg-krog-ward

however i still think that when all is said and done we will end up with a veteran 2nd line center be it morrison, conroy, weight, or someone along those lines and a veteran 2nd line lwer to add scoring ie Rucinsky

Inferno 01-20-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 (Post 7740967)
not Pock, how about rachunek

Im a big Pock fan, with that said, i think Rachunek is a much better player.

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-20-2007 09:04 PM

well give u Malik as a throw in.

maybe something like this:

Rangers get: Morrison, Cooke and Burrows
Canucks get: Prucha, Immonen, Hall, 1st in 07, Liffiton, Malik

WheresBarnaby 01-20-2007 09:05 PM

I'd say conroy but he's like 38, I don't want a temporary fix. Morrison would be nice, but I agree we'd probabaly have to move Prucha, and I really don't want to do that.

Onion Boy 01-20-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram
If it wasn't for the cap, I'd do that in a second. That said, I think the Rangers would have to send a contract back. I know Malik or Kaspar don't make sense since Vancouver doesn't get any cap relief that way.

UAGoalieGuy 01-20-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 7741400)

The Rangers wont give up their first round pick this season, especially for that package.

crisb 01-20-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Not a bad one at all.

SML 01-20-2007 09:28 PM

If we had to deal Prucha, and I have a sick feeling it's going to turn out that way, i feel way better sending him off to Vancouver than right in our division to philly.

gonzo11 01-20-2007 10:48 PM

I don't see Vancouver trading MOrrison while they are in a playoff spot

Peter Griffin 01-20-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue94 (Post 7738875)
wouldnt mind getting them both if we can unload one of our contracts and one of our 3-4 line guys..... obviously we are going to have to add something but im not certain its a terrible idea for something like morrison and cooke for malik (who was very successful there), hossa/hall, and immonen/pick

No way the Rangers could get Morrison and Cooke for that package.

Personally, I don't see the Canucks trading Morrison at all this season unless they fall out of the playoff race, acquire a center to replace him, or get blown away with a great offer. Otherwise, he's likely to remain a Canuck until at least the off-season. He's turned his game around the last month and is a solid contributer at both ends of the ice as well as being a great team player. I can't see the Canucks interested in relative garbage such as Hall, Immonen, Hossa and Malik. Those guys would help the Canucks in no way at all. Prucha would probably be of some interest, but if the Canucks are in a playoff spot at the deadline, I'd much rather have Morrison.

n8 01-21-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 7738706)
prucha montoya dubinsky and a first.
:D

according to Maloney, Philly asked for just Montoya and Dubinsky for Forsberg (which it sounded like they'll be turning down thank god - otherwise i doubt it would have been mentioned in such detail) so I doubt Vancouver would be able to ask or get more than that package. It also goes to show how much other GMs value our top prospects. As far as Dubinsky to Philly, (rhetoric) do they really need more centers w/ Carter, Richards, Umberger?

the Pock, Hall, Byers sounds good but is that really enough for Vancouver? If you posted that on their board, I think they'd be like WHO? I too think they'd want Prucha.

If that happens, I don't like the outlook for Dubinsky, Dawes, and Callahan next year.

straka-nylander-jagr
cullen-morrison-shanahan*
hossa^-betts^-ortmeyer*
hollweg^-krog-ward*
orr^ hall^

* UFA
^ RFA

Edge 01-21-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

according to Maloney, Philly asked for just Montoya and Dubinsky for Forsberg (which it sounded like they'll be turning down thank god - otherwise i doubt it would have been mentioned in such detail) so I doubt Vancouver would be able to ask or get more than that package.
Maybe, maybe not. You have to figure BM at this point is less of risk due to age and injuries. In theory Forsberg is far more talented, but in reality will he actually be out there on the ice enough for that to be a factor.

Quote:

It also goes to show how much other GMs value our top prospects.
I think it really needs to be understood that just because our prospects are developing and not playing in the NHL, doesn't mean they are garbage either. That's one thing that (even if unintentional) I think people are starting to get worried about.

Quote:

As far as Dubinsky to Philly, (rhetoric) do they really need more centers w/ Carter, Richards, Umberger?
Well you gotta figure that any of those guys (including Dubinsky) could be moved to the wing. Centers being shifted it pretty common for younger players. In fact when you look around the league there is a very large number of wingers who were drafted/developed as centers. So it's not terribly our of the realm of thought that stockpiling centers and moving them around is an option.

Quote:

the Pock, Hall, Byers sounds good but is that really enough for Vancouver? If you posted that on their board, I think they'd be like WHO? I too think they'd want Prucha.
I think you've got to move Prucha in any deal to get that second line center. For better or worse that's who I think teams will be asking for.

Quote:

If that happens, I don't like the outlook for Dubinsky, Dawes, and Callahan next year.
Well it all depends on if it is PRucha who's moved. You could in theory than put Dawes on the second line and not worry about too many wingers who are in the 5'9, 185 pound range (a concern that does exist on a team that'd have Straka, Prucha and Dawes).

Callahan to me is not a threat for the second line right now. However I'd more inclined to give him a third line shot at this point.

If it were up to me I'd move Prucha (and try to include Hall) in any deal for Morrison.

I'd then try to go with a lines of:

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Dawes - Morrison - Shanahan
Ward - Cullen - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

That's just me though.

I think if you move Prucha you promote Dawes and at this point Callahan should get a look in that third line spot. Hall is simply not working out.

I also have ZERO interest in Conroy. I was never a huge fan of his and I'm not particularly interested in him at this stage in his career either.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-21-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHall18NYR (Post 7741400)

Awful.