HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   The official, Pictures of yourself and gear. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=335386)

redlighthockey 01-22-2007 08:48 PM

The official, Pictures of yourself and gear.
 
After browsing through the forums I haven't found any threads with pictures of people actually playing, thought it would be a good idea to make a sticky with people playing in their gear. Things like this seem to be popular on other forums so I figured it might work out here.

So, I'll start.

Me, a year and a half ago playing midget aa.
Playing with.
Rbk 7k Stick
Eagle 80 Pro S Gloves
Old School Bauer 5000
Vapor xxx Skates
Synergy Elbow Pads
Nike v12 knees
Jofa Shoulders
Franklin Pro Stocks ( Street Hockey FTW )
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...iceallover.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../DoggyStye.jpg

Muttley* 01-22-2007 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlighthockey (Post 7760637)
After browsing through the forums I haven't found any threads with pictures of people actually playing, thought it would be a good idea to make a sticky with people playing in their gear. Things like this seem to be popular on other forums so I figured it might work out here.

So, I'll start.

Me, a year and a half ago playing midget aa.
Playing with.
Rbk 7k Stick
Eagle 80 Pro S Gloves
Old School Bauer 5000
Vapor xxx Skates
Synergy Elbow Pads
Nike v12 knees
Jofa Shoulders
Franklin Pro Stocks ( Street Hockey FTW )
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...iceallover.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../DoggyStye.jpg

lol, you goon

Your pants or your shell is all ripped up.

ISensFanI 01-22-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muttley (Post 7761361)
lol, you goon

Your pants or your shell is all ripped up.

I think its just unzipped :dunno:

lotus 01-22-2007 11:49 PM

Haha yeah they just look unzipped. I never understood the zippers, but have seen some people play like that. Care to explain? :P

ISensFanI 01-23-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus (Post 7761995)
Haha yeah they just look unzipped. I never understood the zippers, but have seen some people play like that. Care to explain? :P

more freedom to move your legs :dunno:

Im a goalie so I dont have any idea, but I do have some pictures, cant post because it says there too big, any help?

The Tikkanen 01-23-2007 12:09 AM

I have some CCM's with zippers and 1 of them tore after about 6 months. Good idea in theory but they don't hold up well to stress.

The Tikkanen 01-23-2007 12:26 AM

Me about a year ago playing at Staples:
Synthesis stick with Iginla blade-replaced with Synergy Stealth Gaborik
Synergy shin pads
Synergy elbow pads
Synergy gloves
Synergy skates
Itech helmet with IS22 mirrored visor-replaced with Reebok 8K & Itech cage
CCM Tacks Pants
Nike Swift Team USA Jersey
Mission Thorax padded shirt-replaced with Reebok 6K padded shirt-hate shoulder pads

Reaper45 01-23-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 7762180)
Me about a year ago playing at Staples:
Synthesis stick with Iginla blade-replaced with Synergy Stealth Gaborik
Synergy shin pads
Synergy elbow pads
Synergy gloves
Synergy skates
Itech helmet with IS22 mirrored visor-replaced with Reebok 8K & Itech cage
CCM Tacks Pants
Nike Swift Team USA Jersey
Mission Thorax padded shirt-replaced with Reebok 6K padded shirt-hate shoulder pads

I thought only euros used those tinted visors.

redlighthockey 01-23-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus (Post 7761995)
Haha yeah they just look unzipped. I never understood the zippers, but have seen some people play like that. Care to explain? :P

The zippers were originally made for people to pull the pants over their skates when getting dressed. But it has become popular to unzip them in order to get better movement, and because they fit looser. I started wearing mine unzipped and now the zipper broke so I'm stuck with them like that.

MikeD 01-23-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISensFanI (Post 7762098)
more freedom to move your legs :dunno:

Im a goalie so I dont have any idea, but I do have some pictures, cant post because it says there too big, any help?

start a free account with Photobucket.com Its very easy...

Or

send them as an attachment to me via email and I will upload them and send you back the links to use to post.

Or

Right click over the image your wanting to use. Select Open with/Paint. In the top tool bar select IMAGE/Stretch Scew. Want to reduce actual pix size by half? put 50 in both horizontal and vertical box. Just opening an image in paint and clicking SAVE reduces the file size while keeping the same width and hight. Change the name to retain your original image. original_sm is a typical file rename for a smaller version of an image.

The Tikkanen 01-23-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 7762293)
I thought only euros used those tinted visors.

Had to change after taking a puck to the mouth at the Pond, first time I've been hit in the face with an ice hockey puck and it was incredibly painful. I'd rather get beat up by a goon that get hit by a puck again thus the switch to a cage.

mattihp 01-23-2007 10:09 AM

Me from the reality hockey thingie ;)


After 10 months of no hockey, I suddenly have a game for fun next week O_o


It's all pretty much RBK premier pro equipment.

Reaper45 01-23-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 7763840)
Had to change after taking a puck to the mouth at the Pond, first time I've been hit in the face with an ice hockey puck and it was incredibly painful. I'd rather get beat up by a goon that get hit by a puck again thus the switch to a cage.

Yeah I've been pretty luck with not getting hit in the face with a puck. (knock on wood) Sticks sure, but pucks no.

nikebauer 01-23-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 7763861)
Me from the reality hockey thingie ;)


After 10 months of no hockey, I suddenly have a game for fun next week O_o


It's all pretty much RBK premier pro equipment.

wow, sweet pads, gloves and all :eek:

WashCapsfan4life8 01-23-2007 11:28 AM

i had to stop playing because i had surgery and tore a muscle tendon, then played again and had surgery this past friday to get scar tissue removed i am now finished with hockey for a long time prob forever

Muttley* 01-23-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlighthockey (Post 7763022)
The zippers were originally made for people to pull the pants over their skates when getting dressed. But it has become popular to unzip them in order to get better movement, and because they fit looser. I started wearing mine unzipped and now the zipper broke so I'm stuck with them like that.

you a defenseman?

Ti-girl 01-23-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlighthockey (Post 7763022)
The zippers were originally made for people to pull the pants over their skates when getting dressed. But it has become popular to unzip them in order to get better movement, and because they fit looser. I started wearing mine unzipped and now the zipper broke so I'm stuck with them like that.

I loved my old pants for that...but then they met their match. Mother Earth in the corner. Had a hole the size of my forarm in them.

I only used the zippers because I would put my skates on first. Now I just put my shin pads on last.

redlighthockey 01-23-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muttley (Post 7765110)
you a defenseman?

Yup.

Muttley* 01-23-2007 02:42 PM

yeah, I figured probably cuz you wear #77 for Borurque of Coffey.

redlighthockey 01-23-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muttley (Post 7766132)
yeah, I figured probably cuz you wear #77 for Borurque of Coffey.

I started wearing 77 about two years before borurque won the cup.

Muttley* 01-24-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlighthockey (Post 7765967)
Yup.

Good man. That is the position to play.

redlighthockey 01-25-2007 04:09 PM

Can we make an official sticky? For something like this.

hckyguy14 01-25-2007 04:11 PM

I can never get anyone to take a picture of me when I'm playing.

Frank Drebin 01-25-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISensFanI (Post 7766371)
Thanks, I made a photo bucket account.

heres me playing midget A, I actually took these at my last game.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1169586098

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1169586149

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1169586224

Eagle Sentry goalie equipment, stuff Vokoun uses, just different colours

If you go to your photobucket account, under the picture that you want to post there are 3 addresses. Copy and paste the IMG address and it will show up as a picture on your post. Makes it easier to follow threads without having to click on links.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...I/IMG_0061.jpg

Frank Drebin 01-25-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlighthockey (Post 7760637)
After browsing through the forums I haven't found any threads with pictures of people actually playing, thought it would be a good idea to make a sticky with people playing in their gear. Things like this seem to be popular on other forums so I figured it might work out here.

So, I'll start.

Me, a year and a half ago playing midget aa.
Playing with.
Rbk 7k Stick
Eagle 80 Pro S Gloves
Old School Bauer 5000
Vapor xxx Skates
Synergy Elbow Pads
Nike v12 knees
Jofa Shoulders
Franklin Pro Stocks ( Street Hockey FTW )

Love the title you gave to the second picture..:biglaugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.