HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Constantin Braun (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=335583)

Fat Elvis 01-23-2007 01:03 PM

Constantin Braun

How is he playing this season? Does he have the potential to play in the NHL one day?

Thanks

Eisbaerenfan 01-24-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 7765237)
How is he playing this season? Does he have the potential to play in the NHL one day?

Thanks

I guess he could become a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL in maybe 4-5 years. But you never know how those kids develop.

LombardiTool 03-03-2008 07:57 PM

It's been over a year since this was posted. I am curious of any of your DEL fans know the growth Braun has taken over the past year. Can someone in the know give me a scouting report on him as far as type of style he plays. Maybe give me an NHL player that his style resembles.

Thanks!

zambonidriver 03-23-2008 09:59 AM

He was named the tournaments MVP on the Division I World Junior Championship in december ... I think he must put some points In the german league first, and gain weight to play in the NHL

Sanderson 03-23-2008 01:28 PM

Not really sure if there is a reason for it, but Braun plays defense these playoffs. At least he did in game 2 of the series, which was the homegame of my hometeam.
He even played the point on the powerplay and put a wrister on goal which was tipped into the net.

Tomorrow is game 4, which is a homegame for me again, so I'll try and see if that was just an emergency thing or if he continues to play there (for at least these playoffs).

Bobeez 03-23-2008 03:05 PM

He plays defense since mid-season alongside longtime AHLer Brandon Smith.
I don't know why Don Jackson placed him there, but if he continues to play alongside experienced D-men I could see him becoming a good Defender.
I'd give him 2 more years in Germany and then see if he is ready to try it overseas :)

Bobeez 04-02-2008 04:47 PM

As a defender, he has now 4 Points (2+2) and is +5 in 6 Playoff Games :thumbu:
Nice slapshot yesterday that marked the GWG!

He really stepped up his game and if he continues to play like he does right now, he really could land up in the NHL one day :handclap:

zecke26 04-02-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobeez (Post 13409794)
He really stepped up his game and if he continues to play like he does right now, he really could land up in the NHL one day :handclap:

absolutely. i was really impressed with him this POs. he looks very good on defense. and he is valuable as PP quarterback.

Chapin Landvogt 04-11-2008 06:17 AM

As you see above, he's been moved to defense this season and has really blossomed recently. His offensive contributions are even more of a surprise.

He's definitely been a find on the blueline and there's no reason to think he can't take a similar path to the NHL that Christoph Schubert (OTT) has successfully taken!

Tronador 04-11-2008 12:06 PM

He has now 7 points in 10 games and the best +/- with +7!!

Reaper45 04-21-2008 10:18 AM

Does he compare to anyone currently in the NHL?

Chapin Landvogt 04-22-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 13779170)
Does he compare to anyone currently in the NHL?

Hard to say. He's definitely quite tall, still pretty gangly/wiry. Another 15 pounds of muscle would make him a very difficult opponent.

No doubt though - his playoffs were excellent. If I've seen correctly, he had 2-9-11 and a +8 in 15 playoff games. Just amazing considering he only made it onto the team as a regular around Christmas time when he was "experimented with" on the blueline. This offense from the blueline sure as heck wasn't expected.

Don't know if he'll be brought over right away, but as mentioned above, he could take a very similar path to the NHL that Schubert has taken.

His season was nonetheless very good reason for optimism.

Each of Braun, Gogulla and Holzer spent this season displaying why they were drafted. They've given their respective clubs lots of reason for optimism.

Reaper45 04-25-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CIsle (Post 13798733)
Hard to say. He's definitely quite tall, still pretty gangly/wiry. Another 15 pounds of muscle would make him a very difficult opponent.

No doubt though - his playoffs were excellent. If I've seen correctly, he had 2-9-11 and a +8 in 15 playoff games. Just amazing considering he only made it onto the team as a regular around Christmas time when he was "experimented with" on the blueline. This offense from the blueline sure as heck wasn't expected.

Don't know if he'll be brought over right away, but as mentioned above, he could take a very similar path to the NHL that Schubert has taken.

His season was nonetheless very good reason for optimism.

Each of Braun, Gogulla and Holzer spent this season displaying why they were drafted. They've given their respective clubs lots of reason for optimism.

Thanks. My only concern is that his transition to defense came in the year that the Kings would have to sign him in order to keep his rights. Hopefully the Kings saw enough to sign him and bring him to Manchester.