HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jamie Lundmark.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33563)

Draft Guru 12-05-2003 05:36 AM

Jamie Lundmark..

Please don't tell me it's true. Please, no.

I've got my fingers crossed.

Davisian 12-05-2003 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru
Please don't tell me it's true. Please, no.

I've got my fingers crossed.

WHAT???

Did you hear an update or are you just preparing for the worst??

Draft Guru 12-05-2003 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
WHAT???

Did you hear an update or are you just preparing for the worst??

Praying against the worst.

:cry:

Sather said it's a ligament injury for sure, they'll know more today. Hopefully it's not the ***.

Fletch 12-05-2003 06:32 AM

I thought I initially heard...

a sprain (could be ligament) that will be re-evaluated today.

33teddy33 12-05-2003 06:53 AM

Hope that Fletch is right!

Shadowtron 12-05-2003 09:26 AM

How will we survive without him?? :shakehead

Bluenote13 12-05-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
How will we survive without him?? :shakehead

Thats not the point, the kid needs to play or he'll set back his development. I don't care what anyone says, Lundmark's going to be a quality player. He just needs more experience and to continue on working his body into NHL shape.

ddheyman 12-05-2003 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
a sprain (could be ligament) that will be re-evaluated today.

Actually all sprains are by defition ligaments (or tendons) as that what a sprain is (partial or full tears of ligaments and tendons in joints).

Hopefully it is just minor and he'll be back soon ...

Very surprising from Peca, considering the whole Tucker incident ... Although, improved himself IMO with a classy move though as i heard he went to locker room and apologized to Jamie and told him he didn't mean for him to get hurt ...

Shadowtron 12-05-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Thats not the point, the kid needs to play or he'll set back his development. I don't care what anyone says, Lundmark's going to be a quality player. He just needs more experience and to continue on working his body into NHL shape.

Bluenote13,

I know what the point is. My feelings on Lundmark are that he will not be a quality player. I just canít get into his hype. He cries and cries and cries about what the coach is doing to him, and I am inclined to agree with him, but I also donít see him going out there and turning some heads, forcing himself into the coachís good favor. Grant it, heís young, so I refuse to use the word ďbustĒ so soon, letís just say Iíve been unimpressed thus far. He doesnít have the size the play the checking role thatís been imposed upon him, and he doesnít seem capable of producing consistent offensive numbers. Of course, this is opinion. Only time will tell.

Bluenote13 12-05-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Bluenote13,

I know what the point is. My feelings on Lundmark are that he will not be a quality player. I just canít get into his hype. He cries and cries and cries about what the coach is doing to him, and I am inclined to agree with him, but I also donít see him going out there and turning some heads, forcing himself into the coachís good favor. Grant it, heís young, so I refuse to use the word ďbustĒ so soon, letís just say Iíve been unimpressed thus far. He doesnít have the size the play the checking role thatís been imposed upon him, and he doesnít seem capable of producing consistent offensive numbers. Of course, this is opinion. Only time will tell.

You could be right, saying all that though, I bet we won't see him on the Ranger's very long. Sather seems to make up his mind quite quickly on young players, and so far he & Jamie don't seem to be 'bonding'.

Leetchie 12-05-2003 11:26 AM

Honestly, I haven't been a big fan of the way Lundmark has played this year. He started out decently, but it seems like he's lost all his confidence. He made a nice pass to Simon in the Toronto game, but other than that, he's been invisible to me. I don't put all the blame on him, but he has to shoulder some of that blame. Hopefully, a few days/games off, and he'll be refreshed and fired up, ready to play hard again.

This team has one functioning line - Rucinsky, Holik, and Kovalev. The Simon-Messier-Barnaby line has alot of chemistry, but let's face it, neither Simon nor Barnaby are finishers anymore, and Messier is 42. Something needs to be done. I'd LOVE to see a kid line of Lundmark-Moore-Ortmeyer, but what are the chances of that? :cry:

Shadowtron 12-05-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
You could be right, saying all that though, I bet we won't see him on the Ranger's very long. Sather seems to make up his mind quite quickly on young players, and so far he & Jamie don't seem to be 'bonding'.

It's a weird situation. He's not been given the type of role that compliments the type of player he is, but neither has he given the coaches reason to do otherwise. Very strange, indeed. Lundmark, IMO, will not amount to much on this team. It's what he does once he's traded that will decide his fate.

n8 12-05-2003 12:53 PM

jamie is pretty talented but probably not like he's been hyped up to be. i think he'll be a 2nd line talent once he settles in. i want to point out that up until their breakout seasons, players like bertuzzi, naslund, and even joe thornton were playing like busts. i'm not saying jamie will break out like them, just that some players take a few years to develop in the NHL. he's too young & too talented to be a complete bust.