HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tb/edm/nyi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33639)

mbam99 12-05-2003 10:20 AM

Tb/edm/nyi
 
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?

SeriousBusiness 12-05-2003 10:23 AM

if that offer was on the table, I think that would be a trade that would really help us out.

Cerebral 12-05-2003 10:24 AM

It's nice to dream but Tampa has absolutely no reason to give up on Lecavallier. Likewise, they don't really need Peca. They're set up the middle with Richards and Vinny and would be foolish to move the latter for an older and less valuable player..

kruezer 12-05-2003 10:28 AM

That would be laughed at by Jay Feaster, he may have given up a chance at Pitkanen, but he won't trade Lecavalier.

Yanner39 12-05-2003 10:57 AM

Given a good deal, I wouldn't see why Vinny wouldn't be moved. He seems to be on the outs with Tortorella. He bashed him in the french media the other day in Mtl and Tbay as a team has somewhat cooled off.

Now should that result in a trade, probably not but I was listenning to the pre-game show last night (Sens - Tbay) and the Team1200 guys were saying that Lecavalier needs to grow up and that Tortorella doesn't care if Vinny is the star.

I dunno, I think they could trade him. For Comrie alone, probably not.

Ryno 12-05-2003 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbam99
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?

I like the idea (for us, anyway), but I would think Rita'd have to go to TBay, not the Isles, and the Isles would probably have to pay some of Peca's salary ($2-3 million total over the next two years, I would guess) I would probably throw a third or fourth pick the Isles way (from TBay) to balance it out

So,

To EDM
Lecavallier
Roy

To NYI
Comrie (provied he signs for around $2mil/season for 3 years)
3rd round pick (from TBay)

To TBay
Peca ($2 million salary paid)
Rita
Laraque

Keep in mind a) I think I'm horrible at putting together these types of things b) this doesn't take into account anything but our own needs.

I think Peca's the typ of guy TBay would want as apposed to Comrie, but maybe we leave the Isles out of the equation:

To EDM
Lecavalier
Roy

To TBay
Comrie
Rita
Laraque, or Horcoff & 4th round pick

Thoughts?

camboy 12-05-2003 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbam99
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?


Best proposal I have heard yet!! Good job.

Boondock Saint 12-05-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camboy
Best proposal I have heard yet!! Good job.

No, it's a terrible proposal. TB would NEVER give up Lecavalier and Roy for Peca and Laraque.

Tidus 12-05-2003 05:33 PM

I wouldn't want Roy if he's the same player he was in Ottawa a couple years back. He was a decent fighter but he took extremely dumb penalties at all the wrong times. But if we could somehow get Vinny out of TB that would be awesome.

momentai 12-05-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Given a good deal, I wouldn't see why Vinny wouldn't be moved. He seems to be on the outs with Tortorella. He bashed him in the french media the other day in Mtl and Tbay as a team has somewhat cooled off.

Now should that result in a trade, probably not but I was listenning to the pre-game show last night (Sens - Tbay) and the Team1200 guys were saying that Lecavalier needs to grow up and that Tortorella doesn't care if Vinny is the star.

It doesn't really matter if Tortorella is on the outs with Vinny or not. Unless a massive overpay occurs, Tampa isn't dealing Vincent for anyone. Tortorella would be fired first if things don't get resolved. He can't control who is traded and who is not. Tampa's GM can.

camboy 12-05-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
No, it's a terrible proposal. TB would NEVER give up Lecavalier and Roy for Peca and Laraque.


I was referring to Lecavalier in an Edmonton uniform part of the proposal. You are right...Laraque and Peca is no where near enough.
How about Comrie, Semenov, Laraque and Rita for Lecavalier and Kubina? Just dreaming...ya know.

kruezer 12-05-2003 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
It doesn't really matter if Tortorella is on the outs with Vinny or not. Unless a massive overpay occurs, Tampa isn't dealing Vincent for anyone. Tortorella would be fired first if things don't get resolved. He can't control who is traded and who is not. Tampa's GM can.

My thought exactly.

Oil_in_my_veins 12-06-2003 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbam99
Hows this for an idea...

To Edmonton:
Vinny Lecavillier
Andre Roy (injured)

To NYI:
Mike Comrie
Rita

To TB:
Mike Peca
George Laraque

Just thought I'd toss it out. I've liked Lecavillier since he started in the league...
Thoughts?

keep dreaming...

Lecavillier is the franchise, never happen. Even if you threw in Ryan Smyth it would never happen.

Yanner39 12-06-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
It doesn't really matter if Tortorella is on the outs with Vinny or not. Unless a massive overpay occurs, Tampa isn't dealing Vincent for anyone. Tortorella would be fired first if things don't get resolved. He can't control who is traded and who is not. Tampa's GM can.

First of all, there are no untouchables in this league. Secondly, When a player publicly rips his coach in the media like Vinny did in Mtl last Tuesday, any GM won't go for that. If Feaster wants to make it known to other GM around the league that Vinny's available, the offers will line up and I'm not convinced you'd have to overpay to get him. JMO.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.