HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Conflicting articles. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33662)

Chayos 12-05-2003 10:49 AM

Conflicting articles.

Having read both of the articles from Brownlee and Barnes today i am starting to wonder what Lowe is up to. When another Gm goes on sportnet and say he is ready to make a deal contrary to what Lowe and Pendergrass has been telling us I really start to wonder what the hell is really going on. This perry and a 1st crap would really burn me. We are dying on the vine here and we can''t even get a live body. Why not vishnevski and perry? Or Vishnevski and Getzlaf even better. As for the oil turning down a Lupal for comrie deal i would want Lowe hung from the rafter beside Gretz's jersey if he turned down this deal. Sure the contract is incentive laden, but if he get the incentive he is a valued member of the team. If you are worried about him getting the incentive do what ott did last year with spezza and have him split the year between Tor and Edm so he can't get the big incentives.

I really think the talk has heated up and something will happen very soon, but the discrepency between what we may be getting is so different I am really worried about getting Screwed.

Walsher 12-05-2003 10:54 AM

Frankly if Lupul is the key player in this deal I would be dissapointed. He is not that NHL ready player that the oilers need. IMO he is very overrated. I watched him play in Med Hat and he was average a large majority of the games. Moreover he was the worst player on the WJC team his last year playing. To me this is as bad as a Comrie for Perry deal.

Mowzie 12-05-2003 11:17 AM

Rule of Thumb: when trying to find truth between 2 articles, always pick the one thats not Robin Browlee.

Master Lok 12-05-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
Rule of Thumb: when trying to find truth between 2 articles, always pick the one thats not Robin Browlee.

LOL for once Mowzie, I wholeheartedly agree with you! :handclap:

woody 12-05-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walsher
Frankly if Lupul is the key player in this deal I would be dissapointed. He is not that NHL ready player that the oilers need. IMO he is very overrated. I watched him play in Med Hat and he was average a large majority of the games. Moreover he was the worst player on the WJC team his last year playing. To me this is as bad as a Comrie for Perry deal.

I agree with you on Lupul. People like to overrate alot of prospects on HF boards. It never makes sense to me that you would trade a proven goal scorer (Comrie 30-35 goals per season) for a prospect who's highend potential is 30 goals.

jadeddog 12-05-2003 02:14 PM

couldnt agree more.... many people on this board are absolutely in LOVE with prospects (i guess that kinda explains *why* they post here though, lol)..... a "fairly good" prospect and what will prolly be a top 10-15 or so 1st round draft pick is not enough for comrie, not even close IMO..... people need to realize that comrie will prolly get 30+ goals a few more times in his career, can we honestly say that we're 75% (or greater) positive that perry will do the same? i think not

hmminvisiblecola1279 12-05-2003 03:21 PM

i think you have to realize people hope that prospects that have potential work out. doesnt mean they will but hope is all you can go by.
case in point i happen to like rita a lot, still believe he could turn out to be a good player in this league however he still has not made this team and i really wonder if we trade him he turns out to be a miro satan.
everybody overrates their prospects, heck many posters here would say i am overrating rita however i hope he proves a lot of people wrong. if it happens great if not oh well.

Jerky Leclerc 12-05-2003 04:20 PM

The Ducks are very high on Getzlaf and he almost made the Ducks out of camp. He should make the team next year.

Lupul is a good player. He isn't Mike Bossy but he is a good second line player who can shoot the puck. So yes, he is overrated if you expect Mike Bossy. But I don't think the expectation in Anaheim is such. Personally, I think Lupul in Edmonton would be the worst thing for this kid. The newspaper would expect him to replace Comrie and score 50 goals. He won't do that.

On the flip side, the lack of heat/pressure in Anaheim is what IMO is killing Chistov. The kid plays his best when he's under the limelight and that doesn't happen in Anaheim. When people leave him alone, the kid disappear IMO.

hmminvisiblecola1279 12-05-2003 04:24 PM

do you think the ducks would be willing to part with chistov. just wondering.

Jerky Leclerc 12-05-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
do you think the ducks would be willing to part with chistov. just wondering.

The Ducks are struggling mightily these days. Anything is possible. But the team is building around the three kids (Chistov, Lupul, and Getzlaf). I highly doubt Bryan Murray would trade any of the three unless the player they are getting back puts them over the top to the Stanley Cup. I don't see Comrie as that type of player from Bryan Murray's perspective.

Yosemite Sam 12-05-2003 05:49 PM

I don't really understand all this desire to see yet more unproven players in the system. All this talk about prospects for Comrie is driving me a bit nuts, although I admittedly already am.

Veteran-deep teams trade proven players for prospects. Teams like the Oilers, who already have many solid prospects in the system and who need NHL-ready bodies, should not.

I'll be highly disappointed if the trade does not bring a player we can immediately put in the lineup. That's not to say a prospect in the deal would be bad, of course.

metallicat 12-05-2003 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie

HAHA! EXACTLY! Brownlee couldn't write a proper, non-biased article on the Oilers if he had to. And I hope he reads this. In fact, I should go write him a letter myself so that he reads it forsure.