HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Flyer Fans' Forsberg Trade Proposals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=336976)

wolfgaze 01-27-2007 12:37 AM

OT: Flyer Fans' Forsberg Trade Proposals
 
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336831

Quote:

To NYR: Forsberg
To PHI: Ryan Callahan + Tom Pyatt + 2nd


Quote:

Callahan + Montoya or Sanguinetti + 1st and then we're talking. Maybe a 2nd instead of a 1st
:biglaugh:

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!

Balej20* 01-27-2007 12:48 AM

I don't even want Forsberg. This trade talk with him has to stop. Flyer fans are inflating his value way too much. Who is gonna spend a ton on a guy who is ALWAYS hurt and is on the down side of his career anyway?

wolfgaze 01-27-2007 12:54 AM

Balej... "32 game rental" is all you have to say and leave it at that....

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-27-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 7804388)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336831






:biglaugh:

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!

hahahahhahahah :biglaugh: no way I do that, when Jagr got dealt from the Pens to the Caps, he was not dealt for much. I would be shocked if a player who gets hurt is dealt for more. I know its different situation but Forsberg would be a rental so there might not be alot of intrest and been getting hurt of late.

wolfgaze 01-27-2007 01:05 AM

Jorts, the Jagr analogy doesn't even compare.... He was under contract for many more seasons.... Forsberg is a UFA this summer....

Who's going to break the bank with the prospects for him? He can't even stay healthy for the regular season... What GM is going to expect him to be able to survive 4 rounds of the playoffs????

All any team has to do is play him real physical and he'll sprain his groin or tweak his ankle or concuss himself.....

Balej20* 01-27-2007 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 7804470)
Balej... "32 game rental" is all you have to say and leave it at that....

32 minus all the games he misses due to injury.

Pizza 01-27-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 7804388)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336831

To NYR: Forsberg
To PHI: Ryan Callahan + Tom Pyatt + 2nd




Callahan + Montoya or Sanguinetti + 1st and then we're talking. Maybe a 2nd instead of a 1st


:biglaugh:

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!

......not sure what they're putting on those cheese steaks.

SaveByHexy 01-27-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 7804524)
32 minus all the games he misses due to injury.

And then subtract 0, for all of the playoff games he would miss due to injury.

wolfgaze 01-27-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores (Post 7804635)
And then subtract 0, for all of the playoff games he would miss due to injury.

Are you going on the record saying that if Forsberg is traded to a team who makes the playoffs, that he won't miss a single game?

Balej20* 01-27-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 7804643)
Are you going on the record saying that if Forsberg is traded to a team who makes the playoffs, that he won't miss a single game?

No, I think he's saying that the Rangers wont even make the playoffs.

NYR fan 2 01-27-2007 02:41 AM

No, he is saying that Forsberg won't miss any games in the playoffs because he plays when it counts.

I'm not saying I agree, it's just what I've read a couple times on HF. I think I saw someone post a stat that said he has only missed 1 playoff game his whole career or something.

Balej20* 01-27-2007 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 7804818)
No, he is saying that Forsberg won't miss any games in the playoffs because he plays when it counts.

I'm not saying I agree, it's just what I've read a couple times on HF. I think I saw someone post a stat that said he has only missed 1 playoff game his whole career or something.

So i guess the regular season doesnt count even though he's getting paid a ton of money to participate in that as well. Great character guy this forsberg is.

n8 01-27-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
View Post
32 minus all the games he misses due to injury.

+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amonte11Scores (Post 7804635)
And then subtract 0, for all of the playoff games he would miss due to injury.

= (32 games - games missed from injury) + (x playoff games - games missed from injury).

I'm pretty sure he's agreeing that Forsberg will be injured even if we make the playoffs missing more games and further devaluing him. Relax fellas.

I thought I read somewhere that the best offer the Flyers have received so far is a mid level roster player and a 1st round pick. That is already too expensive from my POV. Don't try to top that offer Slats! You already used your "Get out of Jail Free" card on the Lindross trade.

UAGoalieGuy 01-27-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza (Post 7804559)
......not sure what they're putting on those cheese steaks.

Certainly isn't cheese wiz I can tell you that...lol

xander 01-27-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 7804850)
So i guess the regular season doesnt count even though he's getting paid a ton of money to participate in that as well. Great character guy this forsberg is.

little harsh, no? The point is that he's played with injuries in the playoffs. The guy hasn't been sitting out regular season games just for the hell of it.

I think moving for Forsberg at this time would be a bad idea for this organization, but lets not disparage a future hall of famer. As far as I'm concerned, when healthy, peter has been the best and most complete forward of his generation (yes that includes Jagr.)

Son of Steinbrenner 01-27-2007 11:58 AM

If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..

BrooklynRangersFan 01-27-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 7806696)
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..

Great post, SoS. I don't think the requests are out of line... but such a trade only makes sense for a team on the verge of the Cup. We're still a year or two away from making such a trade (I hope).

Can you imagine the Debbies with Forsberg? That would be a scary team.

xander 01-27-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 7806696)
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..

Iagree

Shadowtron 01-27-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner (Post 7806696)
If Forsberg was on a bad Rangers team (which still might happen.) wouldn't we be posting trade rumors asking for the moon?

If 11 other teams "kicked the tires" for Forsberg wouldn't that mean there is a market for the guy?

I don't think these trade proposals are that out of the ordinary "value" wise...However I wouldn't pay that for Forsberg....The thing is another team (in better playoff postion) is going too..

Every time I find myself agreeing with you--and it's happened alot this season--it still unsettles me? :D

Value-wise, I don't see Philly getting the moon for Forsberg unless it's to a contender who can sacrifice the youth for a Cup (Detroit comes to mind). I just don't see a team like the Rangers, who may be looking for an extra push just to get them into the post-season, emptying their pockets for this guy. As usual with fan proposals, only one side of the trade table is examined. How does a 35 year old player, who is constantly injured, help this team. I know it's Peter-effin'-Forsberg, but acquiring him at the cost suggested by a Flyers fan, isn't really constructive. We're trying to build a solid foundation, not a house of cards. With Forberg you'll have an electrifying player for oh....15 games (give or take) and then we can watch him re-sign with Philly the following year alongside Monty, Cally, possibly Sanguinetti. Not thanks. The only thing I'd be happy giving Philly is Jessimen OR Falardeau and possibly a 2nd rounder. Whether or not that's realistic, doesn't matter.

broadwayblue 01-27-2007 12:28 PM

Pass. I hope this organization just let's him go quietly anywhere else...I honestly don't care if it's to the Devils. We have to start saying no to 35 year olds, healthy or otherwise if we want to have any chance at a championship in the future. We need to start preparing for a team after Jagr...and PF is not part of that team.

Dig Out Your Soul 01-27-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 7804388)
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336831


:biglaugh:

Hmmmm that's a tough one.... Monty and Callahan or Bobby S. plus our 1st or 2nd for a 32 game train wreck rental.... That's tempting!

If you had half a brain, you'd realize I'm a huge Ryan Callahan fan and I said that as a 'homer' proposal.

I don't make trade proposals because EVERYBODY is always wrong. I was ****ing around. But thanks for coming out.

Bird Law 01-27-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup (Post 7809138)
If you had half a brain, you'd realize I'm a huge Ryan Callahan fan and I said that as a 'homer' proposal.

I don't make trade proposals because EVERYBODY is always wrong. I was ****ing around. But thanks for coming out.

You actually might be a bigger Cally fan than any one on here.

Dig Out Your Soul 01-27-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 7809177)
You actually might be a bigger Cally fan than any one on here.

I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers. ;)

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.

CM Lundqvist 01-27-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup (Post 7809482)
I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers. ;)

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.

Sangs is great, he's got 20 goals this season already. That's insane. He leads all defenders in goals in the OHL, and just got selected along with two of my other favorite prospects Tommy Pyatt and Marc Staal for the OHL All-Star game. It really is great to see that we have prospects that are doing this well after all of those years of drafting debacles.

I'd just like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that Callahan has an outside shot of being a 30 goal second liner... I mean after seeing him score 52 for Guelph last year - I know, overage year - and then with the way he's been playing in Hartford this year - on pace to score 40-50 goals - could this guy be a legitimate scoring threat at the NHL level? If so, he would be going a long, long, way from when he was drafted in terms of offensive output.

Really, I hope this team rebuilds so we can add more prospects like these guys. This team needs a cornerstone center at the least. I'm not saying necessarily a franchise guy, but someone who will put up solid 1st line numbers, and a guy like John Tavares would be nice...

jas 01-27-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup (Post 7809482)
I can guarantee it.

I apologize for that little outburst, it just kind of pissed me off that someone who doesn't know my feelings on the subject (despite my extensive posting on this forum) would call me out for a post made in jest.

You guys have to understand how ridiculous it's getting on our board with the proposals. I was just running with the common thought that it will take a prospect and a 1st round pick to get Forsberg (some Rangers fans have proposed Montoya and a 1st themselves), and then I added in one of my favourite hockey players in the world for fun. It hurts me everyday knowing that Cally will be/is wearing the red, white and blue when his junior team's (the team I support) biggest rival was the Kitchener Rangers who wear the same jersey as your Rangers. ;)

Sanguinetti is another favourite of mine. I am a big OHL fan so I see these guys a lot. It's why I call it a 'homer proposal' because I'm not really serious, you always want your favourite players playing for your favourite team.

You want Cally? No problem, as long as either Richards or Carter could find their way into a Ranger uniform.:naughty:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.