HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OFFICIAL GDT: New York Rangers AT Philadelphia Flyers 1 pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=337043)

UAGoalieGuy 01-27-2007 08:52 AM

OFFICIAL GDT: New York Rangers AT Philadelphia Flyers 1 pm
 
New York Rangers

Vs.

Philadelphia Flyers


Date: January 27, 2007
Time: 1 pm EST
T.V.: MSG/CSP

Head-To-Head Record: 3-1-0

October 7, 2006: W 5-4 SO (Nylander, Roszival, Cullen, Hall)
October 10, 2006: L 4-2 (Pock, Shanahan)
December 12, 2006: W 3-1 (Cullen, Immonen, Nylander)
January 4, 2007: W 3-2 (Straka Hat Trick)

Stats:

Rangers Leading Goalscorer: Shanahan (24 Goals)
Flyers Leading Goalscorer: Gagne (23 Goals)

Rangers Leading Assist Man: Jagr (42 Assists)
Flyers Leading Assist Man:Pitkanen (23 Assists)

Rangers Points Leader: Jagr (60 Points)
Flyers Points Leader: Gagne (36 Points)

Rangers PIM's Leader: Hollweg (76 PIM's)
Flyers PIM's Leader: Eager (132 PIM's)

Rangers Projected Lines: (By Me and Practice Lines lol)

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Hossa-Betts-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Krog-Ward

Roszival-Malik
Ward-Tyutin
Pock-Girardi

Lundqvist (Starter)
Weekes

Let's see if I can improve my GDT record to 2-0!

RangerBoy 01-27-2007 09:09 AM

Robert Esche is playing for the Flyers

Quote:

Robert Esche's professionalism will finally be rewarded today when he gets his first start since Jan. 9 as the Flyers try to stop their eight-game losing streak against the visiting New York Rangers
http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/sports/index.html

Finest 01-27-2007 09:16 AM

It would be nice to get a win comming off a week off. If they come out flying(no pun) and get on the Flyers D quick I think they could control this game. It will be intresting to see what these lines are going to look like if Straka doesnt make the trip. I'm hoping for a big win here, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maineice11 01-27-2007 09:21 AM

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a big game right now we are currently 2 points out of playoff position, the Devils won last night which means we are 15 points behind them. We are 2 points behind Pittsburgh. We are ahead of the Isles by 1 point and ahead of the Flyers by 23 Points.

We need a good strong game tonight (this afternoon)...

The last reports I heard the other day was that Straka had the flu and probably wasn't taking the trip to Philly.
Quote:

Martin Straka is still out with some sort of flu and will not be traveling with the Rangers to Philadelphia when the team flies out at 3 p.m.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Jagr had a lot of time to workout during the All-Star break, and sounds upspirited and confident...let's hope that is true and PowerPlay begins clicking again and Even Strength looks good tonight.

You can find that information on Jagr under the same link... dated January 25th

LET'S TAKE IT TO EM RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WheresBarnaby 01-27-2007 09:27 AM

Must win today!
 
The Islanders lost in OT last night putting them at that's right, one point behind the Rangers. While the Devils are, yes once again that's right, 13 points ahead of the Rangers with yet another shutout by Brodeur. Good God.... :help: I really hope the end of this season isn't spent hoping other teams lose. Pretending like if we make the playoffs somehow, things will be different. As far as the Rangers are concerned, they better start playing like the playoffs start today.


LETS'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RangerBoy 01-27-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby (Post 7805591)
The Islanders lost in OT last night putting them at that's right, one point behind the Rangers. While the Devils are, yes once again that's right, 13 points ahead of the Rangers with yet another shutout by Brodeur. Good God.... :help: I really hope the end of this season isn't spent hoping other teams lose. Pretending like if we make the playoffs somehow, things will be different. As far as the Rangers are concerned, they better start playing like the playoffs start today.


LETS'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 15 points.5 weeks ago the Rangers had a four point lead on the Devils:(

If the Rangers don't their act together,they will be the team shipping off players to other contenders

Phil333 01-27-2007 09:42 AM

Right now, we are projecting 85 points, or 10th place, 2 points behind 8th place Tampa. A win this afternoon would be a good way to start the 2nd half on the right foot and make a run for the playoffs.

bubba5 01-27-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil333 (Post 7805680)
Right now, we are projecting 85 points, or 10th place, 2 points behind 8th place Tampa. A win this afternoon would be a good way to start the 2nd half on the right foot and make a run for the playoffs.

Good luck, we are going to need it!

FLYLine24* 01-27-2007 10:16 AM

We are going to get out arses handed to us. With the fight in the Philly practice (or sucker punch) their team is going to come flying out of the gate. Rangers don't have straka and have a terrible lineup so this one isn't going to be pretty.

lotus 01-27-2007 10:16 AM

i have a feeling this game is going to be odd, very odd. For one reason or another.

flyersfan97 01-27-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 7805882)
We are going to get out arses handed to us. With the fight in the Philly practice (or sucker punch) their team is going to come flying out of the gate. Rangers don't have straka and have a terrible lineup so this one isn't going to be pretty.

You give us far too much credit. We really do deserve to be the worst team in the NHL-it's not a fluke. I wish the punch would add some emotions to us, but have you seen the video? Not one other player even gave a crap. The closest I saw to emotion is when Hatcher stepped between them. The rest of the team just stood there. Clearly we need more than a punch to the fact to get us motivated. Anyway, good luck today guys. I hope both sides stay injury free.

Finest 01-27-2007 10:25 AM

For those who havent seen the "punch" incident, here is a link to a thread with it:http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336970

TomLaidlaw 01-27-2007 10:31 AM

We need to win today!!

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-27-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 7805882)
We are going to get out arses handed to us. With the fight in the Philly practice (or sucker punch) their team is going to come flying out of the gate. Rangers don't have straka and have a terrible lineup so this one isn't going to be pretty.

is Orr playing or did Callahan or someone else get called up??? I say 3-1 Rangers win. Rangers PP goal wins it by Jagr. Other goal by Prucha and Tyutin.

Hockey MD 01-27-2007 10:33 AM

Lets go Rangers! Come on, no slacking this game.:jump: :jump:

HockeyBasedNYC 01-27-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus (Post 7805885)
i have a feeling this game is going to be odd, very odd. For one reason or another.

Agreed. Something about these 1 pm games, they always get weird.

This is the deal.

A loss will affect this team more than a win. A win would hopefulyl get them going in the second half but a loss to the flyers would further complicate matters. Especially here at HF.

I think theyll win, but it wont be easy.

Finest 01-27-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7805661)
It's 15 points.5 weeks ago the Rangers had a four point lead on the Devils:(
If the Rangers don't their act together,they will be the team shipping off players to other contenders

Uh thats disgusting :shakehead

TheKingPin 01-27-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7805661)
It's 15 points.5 weeks ago the Rangers had a four point lead on the Devils:(

If the Rangers don't their act together,they will be the team shipping off players to other contenders

thats the devils for you. remeber how the screwed both of us last year with thier miracle run at the end?

Dagoon44 01-27-2007 11:12 AM

The Fridge is playing his first game with out a shield and has stated in Phillie TV and papers he wants a fight today to spark his team, No Orr and we may a problem this a game we need ORR

DevFan-RU- 01-27-2007 11:24 AM

This is going to be a good game. I love how the ASB is a giant reset button for the league in how it can shift momentum.

Bad teams start doing well. And vice versa.

Finest 01-27-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- (Post 7806396)
This is going to be a good game. I love how the ASB is a giant reset button for the league in how it can shift momentum.

Bad teams start doing well. And vice versa.

True, we will see which category the Rangers fall into.

hpNYR 01-27-2007 11:30 AM

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!

question...is there a rule on who does game threads? or anyone can?

Finest 01-27-2007 11:31 AM

Anyone can do GDT. And I just bet my last 200 on the Rangers to win.

hpNYR 01-27-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 7806462)
Anyone can do GDT. And I just bet my last 200 on the Rangers to win.

Ohh snap..I love this baord now..betting etc??YEAH!!

What happens if you begin to win..what can you do?

HockeyBasedNYC 01-27-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 7806441)
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!

question...is there a rule on who does game threads? or anyone can?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=332836

check out the third post for the GDT "Standings"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.