HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Roadrunners (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33709)

OpinionatedMike 12-05-2003 02:19 PM

Roadrunners

Thought I'd fill in the group of you Oilers fans, that the Roadrunners are currently playing the Crunch on The Score.

H-Bear 12-05-2003 02:28 PM

Nice attendance :dunno:.

OpinionatedMike 12-05-2003 02:30 PM

That's what happens when most of your tickets are in the upper end of 30$ and more.

20$ first come first serve is how it should be, like in Hamilton.

H-Bear 12-05-2003 02:34 PM

But seriously though, are there 200 people there?

USC Trojans 12-05-2003 02:48 PM

isn't there a freak snowstorm in the northeast? or did it not affect Toronton?

OpinionatedMike 12-05-2003 02:52 PM

It has not effected Toronto, as of yet.

H-Bear 12-05-2003 04:32 PM

2-1 win for the good guys! Were down 1-0 until about 6 minutes left, then scored twice.

Nice shot by Rita to tie up the game.

metallicat 12-05-2003 04:46 PM

That was some Grade-A hockey right there! Very impressed. Now, is there a rule in the NHL that says that we cannot trade our AHL affiliate for our NHL club? Straight up!

momentai 12-05-2003 05:21 PM

Glaring stat. When they were 0 for 3 on the pp, it showed that the Runners had a whopping 15 SHOTS on goal. On some nights the Oilers are lucky to break 5 shots on 3 pp opportunities.

And that 2-3 minute stretch with Sarno/Salmo/Rita looked absolutely dominant. That team looks so so much more balanced with Sarno on the second line.

Now, Chad Hinz and Nate Dicasmirro can form the checking line along with Sean McAslan.

Digger12 12-05-2003 05:21 PM

Rita with 9 shots on goal tonight. I guess he was feeling it. :eek:

I definitely like this Lynch kid. He's showing better offensive instincts on the PP point than I thought he had.

Asiaoil 12-05-2003 05:45 PM

Well Toronto beat Syracuse 2-1 tonight after beating Pascal Leclair to death with rubber. The coaching staff finally figured out that Rita Saro and Salmo might be a pretty good line (duhhh) and they looked great together in the 3rd period. Here are my thought on a few of the prospects.

Rita –he looked a bit better tonight and scored but he has this maddening habit of floating for stretches at a time. Man if you could put Salmo’s heart in Rita’s body you would have one hell of a player. Seems to be playing RW a lot now so maybe that’s where the Oilers see him fitting in. Now if we could just get rid of Laraque to open up some space for him – either that or trade him for a goalie prospect.

Salmo – he’ll surely be a great little 4th line energy guy - but he just doesn’t have the size or hands to be more IMO. He sure is fun to watch though.

Lynch – decent game and you can see he has most of the tools (size, skating, shot). He needs to work on his a passing and toughness but most young dmen are in that boat. He could use this year and maybe even next in the AHL - but eventually he will be a decent 2nd pair NHL dman

Winchester – had a better game - and when he plays like this - you can see him becoming a big rugged 4th line center down the road. That’s not great – but it’s not bad either and it’s actually something we could use. He certainly needs another year in the AHL after this one.

Henley – nothing notable except he almost killed a guy with a cross-check. I think he has it in him to be a decent 3rd pair dman some day – and again – when you are this big and can actually skate that’s OK. You can tell guys hate playing against him.

Wright, Sarno, Hinz, Smith, Bishai, DiCassimiro and the rest – some talent but most are small skill guys without enough speed or hands or journeymen who could be a 4th liner or 7th dman in the right situation. None showed anything new or remarkable –they are what they are.

dawgbone 12-05-2003 05:57 PM

The attendance wasn't bad tonight... about 3000 (roughly). This team was also brutal at home up until the past week or so, so there really wasn't much to cheer for.

There was also a Raptors game tonight, and a bunch of people who sit around me also have Raptors season tickets.

metallicat 12-05-2003 06:13 PM

How many of their games are on the Score? I wouldn't mind checking them out in the future, tonight was the first time I watched a game.

Oi'll say! 12-05-2003 06:21 PM

I was shocked to see Doug Lynch say that he plays like a Jason Smith clone, from what I've seen of him I'd compare his style more to Jovo. Not that I'm saying his skills will be at that level, but he has the same skills in smaller quantities.

If Jason Smith has a puck-carrying breeze-to-the-net side to his game I haven't noticed.

Oi'll say! 12-05-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicat
How many of their games are on the Score? I wouldn't mind checking them out in the future, tonight was the first time I watched a game.

Watch their sked closely, when they play the other Canadian nhl teams' ahl affiliates they have a good chance of being on sportsnet.

So far they have been shown nationally on snet against Ham, St John's and twice against Manitoba, maybe more.

OpinionatedMike 12-05-2003 06:27 PM

All I know, off the top of my head is that the next time the Roadrunners are on The Score, is December 19th v St John's Maple Leafs.

The Rage 12-05-2003 08:15 PM

I was just wondering if the Roadrunners pay the Score to broadcast the games like the Canadian Baseball League or did the Score actually pay for the rights to these games?