HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Shoddy Offers. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33730)

Chayos 12-05-2003 05:35 PM

Shoddy Offers.

The way i see ti the offers we have been getting for Comrie have been pretty shoddy. My question to you as oiler fans is: Would you trade Comrei to the flames if their offer was the best offer for the team.

Maybe something like Chuck Kobasew and Jordon leopold for Comrie and a pick. I have conflicting views on this, but in the end if our team is better and we get to boo Comrie 6 times a year i think we win. Plus he would have to play in Cow town and that may be revenge exacted right there.

Mowzie 12-05-2003 05:43 PM

I have no problem trading with Calgary if its a fair deal, dont they have that Zynulunin guy?:joker:

Anyways, I'd do the deal for Leopold, but I dont think he's on the market. maybe Gauthier or Regehr:dunno:. How about Reinprecht and Gauthier for Comrie, Rita, and a 2nd Rounder.

momentai 12-05-2003 07:06 PM

I don't think we should be looking at acquiring Gauthier. What need do we have for a bottom pairing dman? I'd rather look at Tim Ramholt if anything.

On a side note: Kiprusoff is looking pretty good in Calgary. I remember Speeds and I discussing the possible acquisitions of a goaltender and he borught up the name of Noronen and I brought up Kipper. Glad to see he's finally doing well... I was so disappointed when he struggled when Nabokov held out at the beginning of last season.

elphy101 12-05-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
I don't think we should be looking at acquiring Gauthier. What need do we have for a bottom pairing dman? I'd rather look at Tim Ramholt if anything.

On a side note: Kiprusoff is looking pretty good in Calgary. I remember Speeds and I discussing the possible acquisitions of a goaltender and he borught up the name of Noronen and I brought up Kipper. Glad to see he's finally doing well... I was so disappointed when he struggled when Nabokov held out at the beginning of last season.

Noronen is looking just as good as Kipper in Buffalo. Unfortunately, it looks like he's becoming the #1 in Buffalo which is too bad since I was hoping Lowe would trade for him in the offseason once Tommy is let go this summer.

kraigus 12-05-2003 08:45 PM

I think if Lowe were to obtain a Calgary Dman, I'd prefer it was Regehr or Warrener. (The way Warrener is playing though, he's not going anywhere, and I doubt Regehr is either.) Gauthier is interesting, but they had a guy something like him already, his name was Sean Brown and he's gone now. (See other threads for speculation why. :) )

I can't really see a trade sending impact players either way happening with Calgary, there's too much at stake with division rivals.

Walsher 12-05-2003 08:48 PM

I would bet everything I own that a CGY-Edmonton trade will never happen. Too much at stake.

momentai 12-05-2003 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphy101
Noronen is looking just as good as Kipper in Buffalo. Unfortunately, it looks like he's becoming the #1 in Buffalo which is too bad since I was hoping Lowe would trade for him in the offseason once Tommy is let go this summer.

Yep, they are both looking pretty good. Don't want to toot our horns or anything because I'm sure Noronen has been thrown around since... But our discussion was before the season started last year. :p

kruezer 12-05-2003 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walsher
I would bet everything I own that a CGY-Edmonton trade will never happen. Too much at stake.

I completely agree, yet again Walsher, whats going on here? :D

hmminvisiblecola1279 12-05-2003 11:17 PM

especially now that the flamers are five points up in the standings. :eek:

Boondock Saint 12-06-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola

TROLL!!!!! :eek: :p

kruezer 12-06-2003 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola

I thought we already had this talk dude.