HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Swiss national team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=337427)

koh19 01-28-2007 01:01 PM

Swiss national team

Once again, the swiss national team will compete in the skoda cup without 3 (maybe 4) of the best swiss hockey players in the country. Reto von Arx has been for many years and is still the best swiss player in the league and continues year in and year out to put outstanding numbers up. Michel Riesen is 1st in the league with goals (30) and Loic Burkhalter is also a dominant force in the swiss league with davos. When will the coach understand that these 3 davos players could make the swiss team even more competitive and maybe help them finally reach the semis in a important tournament. The 4th player would be Peter Guggisberg. Speedy player with great skating abilities but has problems (got caught sending cannabis to a former teammate).
What do you guys think of this?

Gwyddbwyll 01-28-2007 02:41 PM

Are any Davos players on the team? Sounds like the coach has a grudge.

koh19 01-28-2007 04:40 PM

Yes, there are only 2, andres ambuehl and a goalie, jonas hiller.
For many years now, ralph krueger hasn't called them up. It's because of the 2002 winter olympics. Von Arx, one night, got a little drunk and got back to the team hotel very late and krueger sent him home.

stv11 01-29-2007 05:34 AM

Krüger called Von Arx and Riesen many times, they just are not interested in playing international hockey

jonas234567 01-29-2007 09:11 AM

Burkhalter played for the team this fall and just wasn't good enough. He may be good in the NLA but he lacks speed for international ice-hockey and just isn't ready to use his body the right way.

Krüger called up Riesen and especially VonArx several times after the 2002-olympics, but they never showed up.

Bykov-Khomutov 01-29-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stv11 (Post 7826036)
Krüger called Von Arx and Riesen many times, they just are not interested in playing international hockey

Are you kidding?:eek: :shakehead :amazed:

PanniniClaus 01-29-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bykov-Khomutov (Post 7829143)

Burkhalter is an overweight pig that should be nowhere near the national team. Its a shame Riesen, Von Arx and Kreuger cannot put aside their differences.

stv11 01-30-2007 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bykov-Khomutov (Post 7829143)

Krüger had a talk with Von Arx as late as last season to try to get him back into the team. It's a well known fact that RvA is not interested in playing international hockey anymore.

Bykov-Khomutov 01-30-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stv11 (Post 7839333)
Krüger had a talk with Von Arx as late as last season to try to get him back into the team. It's a well known fact that RvA is not interested in playing international hockey anymore.

Yeah, now, but 2-3 years ago, the situation was different! Ralph Krüeger didn't call Reto Von Arx although he was motivated to play for team Switzerland! At this periode, Ralph Krüeger had enough forward players, I mean, he had several possibilities, then he closed the door for Reto Von Arx (because of the Salt Lake City stuffs). Last year, when he really needed forwards, he finally called Reto Von Arx (like the 5th wheel of the car...), I totally understood the Reto Von Arx's reaction and answer! You know what I mean?

bleuer 01-31-2007 03:14 AM

If RvA wasn't a complete idiot, he would act like a man and join the National Team.

Quote:

I totally understood the Reto Von Arx's reaction and answer!
I don't...we acted like this when we were 10 years old...

stv11 01-31-2007 03:20 AM

Von Arx wasn't the only player to screw up in Salt Lake City, there was Jenni as well. Six month and a talk with Krüger later, Jenni was back in the team. That tells what you need to know about RvA, especially considering that Jenni isn't exactly the smartest player out there.

Bykov-Khomutov 01-31-2007 11:12 AM

okay then, and Michel Riesen, what are the reason?:dunno:

jonas234567 02-01-2007 02:28 AM

He's the best friend of VonArx. ;)

I also doubt that Riesen could give much to the team. He scores much in the Swiss league, but wouldn't be very effective at a WC.

stv11 02-01-2007 08:04 AM

Regarding Riesen (and Rizzi, too), I always thought he declined Krüger's calls to support Von Arx, and he isn't exactly the kind player Krüger likes anyway, although I wish some forwards with actual talent would get their chance instead of those defense only guys (I mean, it takes an earthquake for Burkhalter, Nüssli or Christen to get a call, but Déruns is now a regular ???).

swisdan 03-10-2007 04:28 AM

Martin Plüss won't show up in the world championship in Russia.

Not Riesen, Von Arx, Fischer, Plüss....

argh... Give me a break!

Juhi50 07-13-2007 12:19 PM

is there any big stars coming for switzerland? help me out

Juhi50 07-13-2007 12:19 PM

Is there any big super stars coming for switzerland? help me out

One Man Rock Band 07-16-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swisdan (Post 8448147)
Martin Plüss won't show up in the world championship in Russia.

Not Riesen, Von Arx, Fischer, Plüss....

argh... Give me a break!

Why no Pluss?

Off topic a bit, what ever happened to Blindenbacher? He became on of my favourite since NHL 2003 or 2004 or something.. I love it.. BLINDENBACHER WITH A HOWITZER! lol