HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Would you trade for Sean Avery??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=337447)

SML 01-28-2007 12:49 PM

Would you trade for Sean Avery???

This team is way too easy to play against. On the rumors board, they are saying the kings have had it with Avery's antics and are looking to move him for a first round pick. Under NO circumstances would I do that, but my question is, would you make a deal for a guy with a questionable reputation like Avery, if he brought some much needed sandpaper to this soft team? I could see giving up a third rounder and/or a low level prospect like Kozak, because I don't think the phones are going to be ringing in LA to offer first round picks for him.

Balej20* 01-28-2007 12:58 PM

At the very least, he'd be enjoyable to watch.

Anthony Mauro 01-28-2007 01:00 PM

what's scary is he'd be fifth on our team in points.

NYR fan 2 01-28-2007 01:30 PM

Yes, I would def. do that. That could be one really annoying line to play against with Avery and Hollweg

VisionQuest* 01-28-2007 01:38 PM

Sorry, you guys dont have a clue what you're talking about.

Im a Rangers/Kings fan, living in kings-land, and I've had to suffer through the Avery era here.

People only like him because hes "entertaining," the standards here for actual good hockey players can be quite low. He's also very fast, which is great, except he doesnt have any skill whatsoever to accompany it.

-He cant shoot to save his life. Check his shooting %. Also count the fact that he doesnt hit the net roughly 75% of the time.
-He still takes stupid penalties. Constantly.
-Nobody in the league fears him, he fights like ****, and everyone gets up just fine after he hits them. There is no intimidation there. I think there is a whole different feeling on the ice when Hollweg climbs over the boards.
-He dives.
-He has NO idea how to pass the puck.
-He cannot play defense AT ALL. You'd think he'd make a great penalty killer with his speed and fiestiness. Negative.
-He doesnt play in the corners at all.
-Hes horrible away from the puck. In the offensive zone. He looks lost.
-He's a lockerroom *******. This isnt just hearsay, either. Its truth.

The only reason he's accumulated any points this year, is that the Kings are so bad, Avery is actually playing on the second PP.

I will officially stab myself in the face if the Rangers get him.

clmetsfan 01-28-2007 01:45 PM

Absolutely Not!!

It's one thing to have a pest on your team that gets under your opponents' skin. A Hollweg/Hinote type who you hate when he's on the other team but would love to have on your own.

It's completely different to have someone who doesn't get along with anyone, including his own teammates, and is objectionable even to his own team's fans.

There was a SI article about Avery a couple months ago (the one with Ray Lewis on the cover). Even with the author (Michael Silver I think) trying to portray him in a good light, it's still obvious that he's someone that you don't want any part of.

The ***** even went to far as to say that he thinks the reason people hate him is because they're jealous that he's dating/engaged to Elisha Cuthbert.

Dagoon44 01-28-2007 01:57 PM

Get him in here. Put him with Prucha and Shanny. The kid is a pain the ass to play against and his grit would help big time on play off push

funky 01-28-2007 02:01 PM

he's only 27, hell at that age I thought Tucker was a *****. Now I want Tucker on the Rangers. A package of Conroy and Avery for a prospect may be decent. Conroy on the 2nd line, Avery on the third.

Rangers get grittier, a defensive presence in Conroy as well as a pass first center for Shanny. They get a 3rd line agitator that does provide some offence and does draw a lot of penalties. The negative is Avery's cancerous reputation.

If you can live with giving up a decent prospect and the gamble on Avery, the team does look better, and harder to play against.

TheRedressor 01-28-2007 02:05 PM

I'd trade Jarkko Immonen

gaglinefan 01-28-2007 02:30 PM

Avery

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 and 14 (Post 7818831)

Im a Rangers/Kings fan, living in kings-land, and I've had to suffer through the Avery era here.

People only like him because hes "entertaining," the standards here for actual good hockey players can be quite low. He's also very fast, which is great, except he doesnt have any skill whatsoever to accompany it.

-He cant shoot to save his life. Check his shooting %. Also count the fact that he doesnt hit the net roughly 75% of the time.
-Nobody in the league fears him, he fights like ****, and everyone gets up just fine after he hits them. There is no intimidation there. I think there is a whole different feeling on the ice when Hollweg climbs over the boards.
-He dives.
-He cannot play defense AT ALL. You'd think he'd make a great penalty killer with his speed and fiestiness. Negative.

The only reason he's accumulated any points this year, is that the Kings are so bad, Avery is actually playing on the second PP.

OK, well outside of that do you think the guy has weaknesses?
Lol btw don't stab yourself, I'll buy food before the game anytime.

funky 01-28-2007 02:31 PM

L.A has no need or use for Immonen. The only forward I see them being interested in is Korpikoski, Tukonen's old linemate.

L.A needs Defense and goalies. The are short on picks this year do to the Cloutier blunder.

TheRedressor 01-28-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 7819370)
L.A has no need or use for Immonen. The only forward I see them being interested in is Korpikoski, Tukonen's old linemate.

L.A needs Defense and goalies. The are short on picks this year do to the Cloutier blunder.

Bryce Lampman?

shoothepuck 01-28-2007 03:56 PM

If you get him on the cheap, ok, but don't give up much for him.

in the hall 01-28-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 and 14 (Post 7818831)

-He dives.

:biglaugh:

that was a great post and the ending didn't disappoint :bow:

I don't have a clue about Avery so I'll take your word for it.. I have never liked him, if he can tear up a locker room which seems to be his M.O. really, I don't see why this team would even consider getting him because if there's one thing we have that you can be happy about is the way this team is off the ice and in the locker room

The Amity Affliction 01-28-2007 05:03 PM

Don't like him at all.

I watch the Kings as well on center ice, and 35 and 14 is dead on with his analysis.

The guy doesn't backcheck hard. He runs his mouth and takes stupid penalties, something that this team does enough of already. He's not exactly the greatest hitter. Don't expect him to be a fighter, this guy ducks out of as many fights as Claude Lemieux did. And from what I've heard... he's a locker-room cancer. They say he has his head lodged in his rear end.

He's gritty, but he'll only score with teammates that can score on his line. He's getting power play time, and that's why he scored. He alone won't make the 3rd and 4th lines any better.

Finest 01-28-2007 05:31 PM

I'll pass, in the few games that I have seen him play, it didnt seem to me that anyone was too intimidated by him. Maybe i'm off here,but thats how I see it.

The Amity Affliction 01-28-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 7821588)
I'll pass, in the few games that I have seen him play, it didnt seem to me that anyone was too intimidated by him. Maybe i'm off here,but thats how I see it.

You're not off at all.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-28-2007 05:37 PM

I'd offer a couple of b level prospects which sounds like it wouldn't be enough...

Maybe in a larger deal for Conroy and Nordstrom I'd ask for Avery as well..(although the Kings are probably better off trading each player in separate deals)

for all the head case issues and lockeroom talk he is a good hockey player and brings something this team is lacking...

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-28-2007 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 (Post 7821233)
Don't like him at all.

I watch the Kings as well on center ice, and 35 and 14 is dead on with his analysis.

The guy doesn't backcheck hard. He runs his mouth and takes stupid penalties, something that this team does enough of already. He's not exactly the greatest hitter. Don't expect him to be a fighter, this guy ducks out of as many fights as Claude Lemieux did. And from what I've heard... he's a locker-room cancer. They say he has his head lodged in his rear end.

He's gritty, but he'll only score with teammates that can score on his line. He's getting power play time, and that's why he scored. He alone won't make the 3rd and 4th lines any better.

ehh if its for Malik id take Avery but nothing more. Id rather take the chances of Tucker leaving ufa then having Avery. Tucker is also more skilled.

007 01-28-2007 07:07 PM

You should all know that I think that Tucker is a gutless cheap-shot artist, but I like him lightyears ahead of Avery. At least Tucker's teammates like him. The last thing this team needs is a cancer to rupture an already strained lockerroom environment.

As much as I'd love to see Elisha Cuthbert at Rangers games, even she isn't worth having Avery on our team.

Inferno 01-28-2007 07:07 PM

only reason i would like Avery to be here, is to see his GF on MSG.

http://www.portalcab.com/images/post...a-cuthbert.jpg

Inferno 01-28-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 7822413)
You should all know that I think that Tucker is a gutless cheap-shot artist, but I like him lightyears ahead of Avery. At least Tucker's teammates like him. The last thing this team needs is a cancer to rupture an already strained lockerroom environment.

As much as I'd love to see Elisha Cuthbert at Rangers games, even she isn't worth having Avery on our team.

bah, beat me to it!

GarretJoseph* 01-28-2007 07:31 PM

Traded for him in my NHL 07 game.

Hes on the 4th line with Orts & Betts.

We're 23-1-1!

But I also traded for Owen Nolan, Heatley & Brewer too! :biglaugh:

Finest 01-28-2007 07:37 PM

After reading what Rangerboy posted in the Trade and Rumors section, supposedly the Kings are looking to get a 1st round pick in return for him. If that indeed is the case well all I have to say is :biglaugh:

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-28-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 7822653)
After reading what Rangerboy posted in the Trade and Rumors section, supposedly the Kings are looking to get a 1st round pick in return for him. If that indeed is the case well all I have to say is :biglaugh:

what are they smoking??? :biglaugh: maybe they think they can get back someone like Mathieu Schneider. Maybe something like Morris to Kings for Avery and Conroy or something like that.