HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Power Play (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=337722)

bathgate 01-29-2007 08:01 AM

Power Play

I am sick and tired of watching the same pathetic execution on the power play. Please take Straka and Rozie off the points. Give Pock and Cullen a chance. Upfront, give Hall and Prucha more time. Hall scored ten and Prucha sixteen on the power play last year. Further, both crash the net. A change of pace would be refreshing. Without significant improvement on the power play, this team won't make the playoffs

GarretJoseph* 01-29-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathgate (Post 7826559)
I am sick and tired of watching the same pathetic execution on the power play. Please take Straka and Rozie off the points. Give Pock and Cullen a chance. Upfront, give Hall and Prucha more time. Hall scored ten and Prucha sixteen on the power play last year. Further, both crash the net. A change of pace would be refreshing. Without significant improvement on the power play, this team won't make the playoffs

I dunno about Hall... His name scares me.

Hockey MD 01-29-2007 08:17 AM

Would like to see that change assuming Pock is playing.

pld459666 01-29-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathgate (Post 7826559)

Someone read the NY Post today?

;)

bathgate 01-29-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 7827036)
Someone read the NY Post today?

;)

Just read the article. Are you linking me to Brooks?

HockeyBasedNYC 01-29-2007 09:26 AM

What else is new?

The disturbing thing is we could resurrect a thread from November about the same issue, asking for the same things, yet the Rangers havent changed a thing.

WheresBarnaby 01-29-2007 09:28 AM

I thought the PP looked good last game even though they didn't score.:dunno: The players movement was there at least .

Ola 01-29-2007 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby (Post 7827114)
I thought the PP looked good last game even though they didn't score.:dunno: The players movement was there at least .

Three posts, one one-timer that should be a goal considering it left Shanahans stick, Jagrs 5th hole attempt on Esche that I think was actually a goal.

Though the results are speaking for themselfs, they aren't scoring. I would like to point out that the biggest reason for that have been because of Jagr beeing completly ineffective with his shots. His shoulder is supposed to become better and better, and the goals from him ought to come with that...

Early Jagr draw the attention, Shanahan could get open and get allot of pointblank shots. Considering how many chances he got there for a while he lead the league in scoring but were still not that effective. Now teams have picked up on JJ not burying his chances and completly takes out Shanahan.

I don't really belive in Prucha-Shanahan-Jagr up front, though right now we are scoring at something like 5% of the PP's, even something that doesn't make sense should produce better then that.

Rather sooner then later a shakeup must take place.

shoothepuck 01-29-2007 10:17 AM

They also don't seem to play the PP with a sense of urgency. Many times thay waste tons of time getting out of their zone, (they skate in big looping circles), and then more time wasted setting up and trying to get the "perfect shot". Someone has to get the puck in the zone quickly and get shots on net,(many of them). With the system they use, and Renney's lack of changing point players, not much will change. It may look better at times, but the result will be the same, few shots, less goals.

Finest 01-29-2007 10:49 AM

Something I thought was funny regaurding the PP:
Quote:

Speaking of which, give Larry Brooks credit for this gem:

“The Blueshirts went bowling in a team-bonding exercise after skating at the Boston University rink yesterday. It is not known whether Shanahan rolled the ball straight down the middle of the lane while Jagr tried to finesse his ball with a spin.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

True Blue Bleed Blue 01-29-2007 04:57 PM

Saturday things seemed alot better. How would this work for the 2 units...because right now that 1st unit needs someone in front of the net (and at this point I don't care if it's little Prucha...because he's better than nothing):

UNIT 1:
Straka-Roszival...Prucha-Nylander-Jagr

UNIT 2:
Rachunek-Tyutin...Shanahan-Cullen-Hossa