HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Conroy back to Calgary? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=337872)

Miko 01-29-2007 03:03 PM

Conroy back to Calgary?

Just heard (fan960)that Conroy is coming back to Calgary.Apparently for Jamie Lundmark.

Its a done deal.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194096&hubname=nhl

StreakingRed 01-29-2007 03:05 PM

I haven't heard nothing about that, but if all we'd have to give up for Conroy is Lundmark, I'm all for it.

Miko 01-29-2007 03:08 PM

Dave Rowe said it before the last break. I was kinda stunned when i heard it too.

Confirmed.The trade is legit.

Bleifooss 01-29-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miko (Post 7830627)
Just heard (fan960)that Conroy is coming back to Calgary.Apparently for Jamie Lundmark.

Wow. If its true.

The Score just reported it, Conroy for Lundmark and two picks

StreakingRed 01-29-2007 03:20 PM

TubbyTerrion* 01-29-2007 03:21 PM

it's true... now let's see what the two picks are...

chriss_co 01-29-2007 03:25 PM

4th and a 2nd rounder im hearing

chriss_co 01-29-2007 03:27 PM

good that we get rid of lundmark... we have the cap room for conroy... he's a good faceoff guy.. good for our PK... good for iggy (tho he doesn't need it)... im wondering where conroy will play.. w/ who.. and whether or not he is UFA after this season... for a rent a player for 1 season i hate giving up another 2nd round pick for conroy.. if his contract is for the rest of this season plus next season then i'll be a little more happy of this deal

chaosrevolver 01-29-2007 03:30 PM

4th, 2nd and Lundmark for Conroy

Good Deal for Flames

Andre Boudrias 01-29-2007 03:31 PM

very very good deal for the flames :help:

Human Megaphone 01-29-2007 03:32 PM

Seems a bit high for me. Conroy played great for you guys, but has sucked in LA. You'd think a 2nd would be enough.

Fleury14 01-29-2007 03:36 PM

Tanguay-Langkow-Huselius
Amonte-Conroy-Iggy
Moss-Lombardi-Kobasew

??

cgy#1faninvancouver 01-29-2007 03:38 PM

Ya but come on dude that's L.A>watch him come back to his Flames way.

OMA 01-29-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Human Megaphone (Post 7831054)
Seems a bit high for me. Conroy played great for you guys, but has sucked in LA. You'd think a 2nd would be enough.

Probably. But Lundmark almost is a negative asset. He's been awful this year.

Interesting move though. Make no mistake, this isn't Conroy from 04. But I still think he has something to offer this team.

Sutter still needs to make moves though.

Miko 01-29-2007 03:40 PM

Conroy will be here next year too i imagine.His current contract ends after the 07/08 season.I'm just glad we got something for Lundmark.Losing some picks doesn't really bother me cause this deal makes us stronger up the middle and having depth at center is always a good thing.

I Hope Sutter isn't finished.It would be nice to aquire another solid defenseman and maybe another winger.

StreakingRed 01-29-2007 03:41 PM

Great deal by the Flames. Conroy may not be the same player he was in '04, but he'll have a lot more to offer this team than Lundmark. I just hope Langkow stays on the #1 line as he is.

Hemsky4PM 01-29-2007 03:43 PM

It's a good place for Conroy to be. He can still be a valuable 3rd line center for the Flames and can play with Iginla if they want to spread out some scoring keeping Langkow with Tanguay and Huselius.

I think Conroy's salary puts some limitations on what Sutter can do at the deadline. The Flames can't have too much in the way of cap space left.

devilinto 01-29-2007 03:55 PM

This is a good deal for both teams. Having watched Conroy this season he really need a change of scenery. He has been pretty terrible this year. But he did have a good season last year. Kings unload 2.2 million and get 2 picks.

Whos next for the kings??

Bergeron47 01-29-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleury14 (Post 7831136)
Tanguay-Langkow-Huselius
Amonte-Conroy-Iggy
Moss-Lombardi-Kobasew

??

Pretty sure Iginla and Conroy are going to be on the #1 line...

HuskyFlames 01-29-2007 04:12 PM

IMO, looks like Huselius or Lombardi are going to be moved to RW. No way does Conroy or Lombardi get put onto a 3rd line. Langkow has shown he does NOT need Iginla and he commands his own line at times.

StreakingRed 01-29-2007 04:19 PM

I don't know how I feel about moving Langkow from the top line for Conroy. I mean, don't get me wrong, Conroy played great on the 1st line with Iginla back in the day, but Langkow is a much better player than Conroy right now and has earned his spot as a #1 Center on this team. It would be a shame to move him from the top line.

Cactus Jack 01-29-2007 04:22 PM

On the radio they addressed the speculation that the picks are 2nd and a 4th. They said that hasn't been determined yet and as of now are just future picks. And they hinted that they probably will be conditional picks. So l wouldn't say we dealt a second rounder just yet, despite what tsn says. If that is the case, so what? We're picking up 1.8 in salary, improving our pk, and adding a great faceoff man.

The permutations for line combos are just crazy. I would love to see what Conroy could do for Moss' development.

Tanguay.Langkow.Iggy
Huselius.Lombardi.Kobasew
Amonte.Conroy.Moss
Ritchie.Yelle.Nilson
Friesen, Boyd, Godard, McCarty

or

Tanguay.Langkow.Huselius
Amonte.Conroy.Iginla
Moss.Lombardi.Kobasew
Ritchie.Yelle.Nilson

Either way these are awesome lines. I think they'll go with the first option once we're all healthy, but l'd love to see the depth on 3 good lines if we took option 2. Conroy is in Edmonton so he'll be in town in a few hours and will definitely be in the lineup tomorrow against the Kings!!!

By the way, does anyone think we made this deal because Kobasew is going to be out longer than expected??

OMA 01-29-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack (Post 7831713)
By the way, does anyone think we made this deal because Kobasew is going to be out longer than expected??

I think it had more to do with the play of the last two games and the fact that Sutter was trying to address a need (in his mind anyways).

Also, there has been no official word on Kobasew's injury. But there seems to be a hush-hush feeling that it might be a long while unitl we get him back.

Buckleys 01-29-2007 04:28 PM

Now maybe Ottawa will deal you McAmmond and you can reunite the big 3 from your big playoff run a few years back.

GKJ 01-29-2007 04:30 PM

The way Conroy has produced this year, they could have gotten him for less.

Anyways, it's still a good deal all around for the Kings and Flames. I've been a fan of Conroy since he was with the Blues, and I'm glad he's heading back to Calgary in a trade.