HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Conroy Out 4-6 Weeks. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33792)

Nielson81 12-05-2003 08:55 PM

Conroy Out 4-6 Weeks.

Just thought I would let everyone know Conroy will miss the next 4-6 weeks.

Who will step up for the Flames ?
Unbiased Canadian

kruezer 12-05-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian

Unbiased Canadian

This sure is getting real annoying, I mean I know injuries come, but must it be all our centers?

Hmmmm....
Lombardi
Yelle
Morgan
Double shifter? Oliwa-Iginla-Kobasew??? I wouldn't mind that.

flamesfan12 12-05-2003 10:10 PM

Major blow for the team. The Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line was playing great and now Conroy is injured. Everybody is going to have to step it up this month till Reinprecht, Conroy, Lydman and Turek get back. So now our four centers are Lombardi, McAmmond (natural position is Center I believe), Yelle and Morgan. Also heard Green was called up from Lowell.

kruezer 12-05-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12
Major blow for the team. The Gelinas-Conroy-Donovan line was playing great and now Conroy is injured. Everybody is going to have to step it up this month till Reinprecht, Conroy, Lydman and Turek get back. So now our four centers are Lombardi, McAmmond (natural position is Center I believe), Yelle and Morgan. Also heard Green was called up from Lowell.

Hows Lydman? Just Day-to-day right? I figure he'll sit out the Pens game then maybe come back. But I'm not sure.

flamesfan12 12-05-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
Hows Lydman? Just Day-to-day right? I figure he'll sit out the Pens game then maybe come back. But I'm not sure.

I've heard 2 weeks. Just watched Sporrtsnet and there was no mention about Lydman, same with the Score. So I'm not sure how long Lydman will be gone.

Nielson81 12-06-2003 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12
I've heard 2 weeks. Just watched Sporrtsnet and there was no mention about Lydman, same with the Score. So I'm not sure how long Lydman will be gone.

Yup Lydman is 1-2 weeks

Unbiased Canadian

Badger Bob 12-06-2003 04:58 AM

Add speedy recoveries, to the Christmas wish list, for Betts, Reinprecht, Conroy & Lydman.

According to this article, Lydman is listed as day-to-day:

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/...F-378977241F27

Harry Paratestes 12-06-2003 05:15 AM

I hope Turek gets hurt in practice ..does anyone want him back????
Man the injuries are really killing the Flames ..too bad you guys are really playing well ..at least you guys will have an excuse ..the Oil are healthy and still cant win .

Sec of Partying Down 12-06-2003 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes
Man the injuries are really killing the Flames ..too bad you guys are really playing well ..at least you guys will have an excuse ..the Oil are healthy and still cant win .

Yes, I want him back. He is better than McLennan and we are paying him anyway. Turek is a good goalie and should come back motivated.

Plan 9 12-06-2003 07:28 AM

It's a shame Dome isn't still around.

Suka 12-06-2003 07:35 AM

So now "captin" Green is recalled along with "captin" Morgan..... whos next? Sry just a lil bitter from the Lowell stand point! All the Flame players keep rackin up the points for us, and now they are all being taken away! To totally KILL the monsters should just call up Sonnenberg! That would be a nail in lowells coffin! :-(
ps. Wanna take Sabourin back?

FLAMESFAN 12-06-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suka
So now "captin" Green is recalled along with "captin" Morgan..... whos next? Sry just a lil bitter from the Lowell stand point! All the Flame players keep rackin up the points for us, and now they are all being taken away! To totally KILL the monsters should just call up Sonnenberg! That would be a nail in lowells coffin! :-(
ps. Wanna take Sabourin back?

Sorry man, but that's the harsh reality of a farm team. The parent club is what matters most. Besides, it's not like we're calling up players for no reason, or not playing them.

looooob 12-06-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov71
It's a shame Dome isn't still around.

he's still under contract and could be brought into Calgary if that is what Sutter wanted..I'm not sure it is though

Narnia 12-06-2003 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Paratestes

Sorry to intrude here but the Oil are not healthy. Reasoner (ankle, knee) out indefinitely; Brewer (groin pull) and Isbister (back) are out. They are anything but healthy.

Snakeeye 12-06-2003 11:57 AM

The Oilers arent exactly losing their top players, however - Salo aside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
Yes, I want him back. He is better than McLennan and we are paying him anyway. Turek is a good goalie and should come back motivated.

By the time Turek comes back, insurance will have began picking up 80% of his salary. If he gets hurt again, we stand to save a lot of money.

Though I would prefer that Turek returns healthy and at the top of his game, and that he and Kiprusoff have a running battle over who should be the #1 into the playoffs.

ForeignFlame 12-06-2003 02:37 PM

According to the Flames website, Conroy is likely to be out for 2 weeks.

Link: www.calgaryflames.com

FLAMESFAN 12-06-2003 04:41 PM

Let's all cross our fingers..............

Divine Wind 12-08-2003 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian

Unbiased Canadian

Looks like u caught edmonton's injury bug, sorry to hear, first the "Rhino", no Conroy. Sucks losing your top 2 centers eh? :cry:

Badger Bob 12-08-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Looks like u caught edmonton's injury bug, sorry to hear, first the "Rhino", no Conroy. Sucks losing your top 2 centers eh? :cry:

It's the standings that count most, and it's a nice feeling to have Edmonton looking up at Calgary for a change. ;)

ForeignFlame 12-08-2003 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Bob
It's the standings that count most, and it's a nice feeling to have Edmonton looking up at Calgary for a change. ;)

LOL. Nice rebuttal Badger. :yo:

Sec of Partying Down 12-08-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeeye
The Oilers arent exactly losing their top players, however - Salo aside.

By the time Turek comes back, insurance will have began picking up 80% of his salary. If he gets hurt again, we stand to save a lot of money.

Though I would prefer that Turek returns healthy and at the top of his game, and that he and Kiprusoff have a running battle over who should be the #1 into the playoffs.

True, but to wish a player to get injured again no matter how much it helps a team is despicable.