HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What Does Paul Comrie Think About All This? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=33817)

Bohologo 12-06-2003 02:17 AM

What Does Paul Comrie Think About All This?

[Warning: you are now entering the realm of pure speculation.]

So, here's Mike Comrie's older brother, who got to play about three shifts in the NHL before concussions forced him to retire. He's gracious (in public anyway) about just having made The Show, and that's enough for him. How does he feel about his younger brother, who has no medical reason to stop playing hockey, continue to sit at home because he wants a big contract on a big pond?

I think Mike gets whiny around the dinner table about how Lowe won't trade him already and how tragic his life is, and Paul sits at the other end of the table, thinking about how little brothers need a good smack every now and then...

Harry Paratestes 12-06-2003 05:32 AM

Pauls too worried about the Christmas rush and if they have enough Ottomans in stock .

dawgbone 12-06-2003 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohologo
[Warning: you are now entering the realm of pure speculation.]

So, here's Mike Comrie's older brother, who got to play about three shifts in the NHL before concussions forced him to retire. He's gracious (in public anyway) about just having made The Show, and that's enough for him. How does he feel about his younger brother, who has no medical reason to stop playing hockey, continue to sit at home because he wants a big contract on a big pond?

I think Mike gets whiny around the dinner table about how Lowe won't trade him already and how tragic his life is, and Paul sits at the other end of the table, thinking about how little brothers need a good smack every now and then...

Or he is one of a few people who actually knows the situation and is completely supportive of his brother.

Obsessed 12-06-2003 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
Or he is one of a few people who actually knows the situation and is completely supportive of his brother.

Ya think so? I doubt very much Paul Comrie would have ever pulled the fishbowl scenario.

dawgbone 12-06-2003 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Ya think so? I doubt very much Paul Comrie would have ever pulled the fishbowl scenario.

I don't really know... I don't know the guy.

Nor do I know what the Comrie situation actually is... but to say Paul wants to reach over and smack his brother is one side, mine is the other.

Oilers Ent 12-06-2003 06:33 AM

I'm an only child but I seem to notice people with siblings are always supportive of them - no matter what.

I imagine Paul probably is on his little brother's side.

serum114 12-06-2003 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
I'm an only child but I seem to notice people with siblings are always supportive of them - no matter what.

I fully agree. In something as big as this (a career altering decision) I would be behind anyone of my three younger brothers 100%--even if I didn't entirely agree with them.

kraigus 12-06-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil

Support doesn't necessarily mean agreement. If my sister does something stupid, she needs to be told that it may not be the brightest thing in the world, and I expect she would do the same to/for me (not that I ever do dumb things :) ).

ie, Paul may *support* Mike, but that doesn't mean he's in full agreement with how things have been done.

Oilersyul89 12-06-2003 08:30 AM

Does Papa Bill, still hae a lodge/suite at Rexall Place?

Oilhitch 12-06-2003 08:33 AM

Who cares what Paul Comrie thinks???? :confused:

gretzky2kurri 12-06-2003 09:13 AM

I'm "guessing" smack.

USC Trojans 12-06-2003 09:19 AM

I'm guessing some supportive brotherly advice....such as "Fire that darn agent of your's!"

Bohologo 12-06-2003 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chit94
Who cares what Paul Comrie thinks???? :confused:

Well, my point is this: here's a guy who's willfully not playing, sitting across from his big brother, who will never play again. Perhaps Paul needs to give Mike some perspective on a game the little brother seems to be taking for granted. Again, pure speculation.

rabi_sultan 12-06-2003 01:29 PM

perhaps mike has no respect for paul and therefore doesnt care wot hes got to say??

like u said pure speculation, tho i think this is a great press angle that hasn't been exploited yet, good idea Bohologo, GuyF jump into action man get some good press now for HF :D