HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   First Line has to be changed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=339487)

Stradale 02-01-2007 11:21 PM

First Line has to be changed

Our first line is done, nothing seems to work. So lets put the 3 most talented foward together.

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

They had one shift together today and it led to Dandenault's goal.

What do you guys think?

guest1467 02-01-2007 11:33 PM

Samsonov-Koivu-Perezhogin
Lats-Pleks-Kovalev
Higgins-Bonk-Johnson
Ryder-Lapierre-Streit

Is what I would like to see. Is it just me or do we have alot of wingers?
Begin
Downey
Murray
to add a few more.

Geoffvp 02-01-2007 11:54 PM

I concur. Higgins and Ryder are doing nothing and need a wake up call. Koivu deserves some better players with him.

benji 02-01-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffvp (Post 7883554)
I concur. Higgins and Ryder are doing nothing and need a wake up call. Koivu deserves some better players with him.

To be fair to the two other guys, Koivu hasn't been on top of is game either, although I did think tonight was an encouraging performance for him. I agree, it's time for a change.

Rockomax 02-02-2007 12:08 AM

This is a kind of reply to buddahsmoka1 , but I adress it to everyone...If you're gonna keep Kovalev and Koivu separated, as much as I like latendresse, I'd rather have Higgins on the second line. Although the two of them can score (well Higgins is on a cold streak, but will come back stronger), Higgins is a lot faster and I think he could create more scoring chances on that line than Latendresse. So I would just switch them (Higgins to the 2nd line and Latendresse on the third), so that Higgins can regain his scoring touch while in the mean time, Latendresse could still have some quality ice time...

Thoughts?

Hackett 02-02-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 7882962)
Our first line is done, nothing seems to work. So lets put the 3 most talented foward together.

Samsonov-Koivu-Kovalev

They had one shift together today and it led to Dandenault's goal.

What do you guys think?

I dont mind seeing a line like this once in a while for spot duty. If Carbo sees a situation where the opposition's top D pair are on the bench, and these 3 guys are fresh, then I wouldn't mind Carbo sending this trio out once in a while.

Its just that the players gotta stay sharp at the bench and pay attention to the line shuffling to avoid needless "too many men"

Obviously, its a lot harder to pull this off on the road than at home but we saw a shift with them together tonight which resulted in a goal.

It keeps the opposition on their toes if they get matchup crazy too.

Talent Analyst 02-02-2007 06:05 AM

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Plekanek-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Streit

If Lats play badly , put Perez on first line .

Malakhov 02-02-2007 06:51 AM

Time to bring out Kostitsyn and give another chance to Perezhogin, maybe they will be willing to play a full 60 minutes unlike some of our current roster...

Samsonov Koivu Kovalev
Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn
Latendresse Bonk Johnson
Perezhogin Lapierre Ryder

WeThreeKings 02-02-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov (Post 7885248)
Time to bring out Kostitsyn and give another chance to Perezhogin, maybe they will be willing to play a full 60 minutes unlike some of our current roster...

Samsonov Koivu Kovalev
Higgins Plekanec Kostitsyn
Latendresse Bonk Johnson
Perezhogin Lapierre Ryder

I like these lines.. but the one change I would make is switching Latendresse for Perezhogin.. only because I think Latendresse makes the fourth line more crash and bang and the PB and J line was one of our best all season long.

skipp18 02-02-2007 08:40 AM

Ryder is garbage right now. His whole game is struggling. He's taking useless penalties and making poor decisions. Lat night vs the Pens he shot everytime he should have passed and passed everytime he should have shot.

The n00b King * 02-02-2007 08:42 AM

i dont know if you guys noticed but Perez was a healthy scratch again last night. For Murray... haha

Blue Dot 02-02-2007 08:50 AM

yeah, deff need a change

kovy - forsberg- higgins

ryder - koivu- samsanov

latendresse - pleks- begin

perezhogin -bonk - johnson

417 02-02-2007 08:53 AM

Leave them together for now...they'll figure it out IMO.

Not only that, but Samsonov needs to stay the hell away from Kovalev.

Turbo 02-02-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockomax (Post 7883810)
This is a kind of reply to buddahsmoka1 , but I adress it to everyone...If you're gonna keep Kovalev and Koivu separated, as much as I like latendresse, I'd rather have Higgins on the second line. Although the two of them can score (well Higgins is on a cold streak, but will come back stronger), Higgins is a lot faster and I think he could create more scoring chances on that line than Latendresse. So I would just switch them (Higgins to the 2nd line and Latendresse on the third), so that Higgins can regain his scoring touch while in the mean time, Latendresse could still have some quality ice time...

Thoughts?

This is how I would do it as well... nothing drastic but could really help waking up Higgins without hurting the 1st line too much.

Lats-Koivu-Ryder
Higgins-Plek-Kovalev
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Streit-Lapierre-Whoever

My reasoning:

Samsonov: I don't get why people want to take him off this line already. Do fans have that bad a memory? Samsonov literally sucked all season long and he's finally starting to play well with Bonk & Johnson and people want to put him elsewhere. Come on! Leave him where it's working. And for God's sake, above all, don't put him back on a line with Kovalev!

Kovalev-Koivu: Another memory lapse I guess, but this one is more understandable because it dates from last year. They were a duo for a good chunk of season when both were in the line-up. It wasn't effective because the opponent could put all their defensive missions against 1 line. The team started doing better when they were split up. I'm sure Carbonneau remembers because he was there. And it worked. Habs don't have enough secondary offense to stack these guys on 1 line. They get PP time together and that's fine.

Latendresse: He played well with Koivu & Ryder and is not really finding the same game with Kovalev & Pleks. Koivu & Ryder need a guy that can dig the puck out of the corners and win 1-on-1 battles (what Higgins used to do well and another reason why I don't think Samsonov is the answer for the 1st line) and Lats can bring this.

Higgins-Pleks-Kovalev: Pleks & Kovalev have been turning it up lately. Playing with confident players may just be what the doctor ordered for Higgins.

Ryder: I know some of you don't like him, but he doesn't belong on a 4th line. He's been terrible lately (and so has Koivu & Higgins) but we still need his sniping. He was doing fine with Koivu & Lats earlier and hopefully he can rekindle that going forward. In no way is Perezhogin a potential replacement for Ryder. I cannot understand how someone that's hard on Ryder because of his production cannot be even more disappointed in Perezhogin - at least Ryder is creating things at times and getting chances out there; Perezhogin has been invisible for a long time now.

Shabutie 02-02-2007 09:58 AM

Lats - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Lapierre - Streit

These lines offer the perfect mix of chemistry, speed, size and goal scoring.

cjbhab 02-02-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipp18 (Post 7885795)
Ryder is garbage right now. His whole game is struggling. He's taking useless penalties and making poor decisions. Lat night vs the Pens he shot everytime he should have passed and passed everytime he should have shot.

haha, ya that hook last night was ridiculous, he needs to keep his ****in stick down, does he think he is justin williams or something :sarcasm:

Guy Caballero 02-02-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 7885524)
the one change I would make is switching Latendresse for Perezhogin

I don't think Perezhogin will be a Hab anymore at the deadline. Just a feeling.

GoHabsGO252006 02-02-2007 10:52 AM

In my opinion Ryder stinks terribly and regardless of his compulsory 2 goal game once a month ,he's got to go. i cannot see him being back on this team next year when we have 2 or 3 forwards in the A who are more complete. I think his lack of passing ability and vision actually hurts the line more than the few goals he scores helps.

hab 02-02-2007 11:19 AM

I actually liked sammy on that third line, I thought he looked more effective with two guys that play at a slower pace instead of 3 high skill guys making 30 moves and coming away with nothing. I think pleky and kovalev also look better since that line broke up. Would still like to see a higgins pleky kovalev line and perez on the top line, but Carbo likes to change his lines every six months, so I am not going to hold my breath.....:(

Rockomax 02-02-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 7886509)
Lats - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - Ryder
Samsonov - Bonk - Johnson
Murray - Lapierre - Streit

These lines offer the perfect mix of chemistry, speed, size and goal scoring.

Agreed. + plekanec and higgins usually play well together, although I don't remember having seen Ryder with Pleks, I think it could work out well too. No question about the 1st line, it would be great. The only thing that bothers me is Murray in that lineup, I know you don't like Perezhogin, but he would certainly be an upgrade over Murray...

The n00b King * 02-02-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero (Post 7887032)
I don't think Perezhogin will be a Hab anymore at the deadline. Just a feeling.

im most definitely with you on that one

Shabutie 02-02-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockomax (Post 7887390)
Agreed. + plekanec and higgins usually play well together, although I don't remember having seen Ryder with Pleks, I think it could work out well too. No question about the 1st line, it would be great. The only thing that bothers me is Murray in that lineup, I know you don't like Perezhogin, but he would certainly be an upgrade over Murray...

As a fourth liner I disagree. Murray has put forth a solid effort in the last 2 games and it's his spot to lose atm.

Boris Le Tigre 02-02-2007 11:28 AM

Murray= more icing than a wedding cake... please garth fight someone soon... I hope he fights ruutu on sunday... that'd be a good fight. he needs to be more physical that's what almost cost him is chance with the habs...

Rockomax 02-02-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 7887466)
As a fourth liner I disagree. Murray has put forth a solid effort in the last 2 games and it's his spot to lose atm.

Well... sure can't disagree there.

Shabutie 02-02-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 (Post 7887500)
Murray= more icing than a wedding cake... please garth fight someone soon... I hope he fights ruutu on sunday... that'd be a good fight. he needs to be more physical that's what almost cost him is chance with the habs...

As far as I know Ruutu doesn't fight unless he knows he'll win. Sort of like Sean Avery. I don't think Jarkko would fight Garth, but if he does, my moneys on Garth.