HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Future Rangers call ups from HFD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=339573)

RangerBoy 02-02-2007 08:12 AM

Future Rangers call ups from HFD

Quote:

Renney said the Rangers have talked about four forwards, led by rookie Ryan Callahan, who leads the Pack in points (42) and goals (29) and scored with 3.3 seconds left to give PlanetUSA a 7-6 victory in the All-Star Game.Renney didn't offer other names, but leading candidates are Nigel Dawes, Brad Isbister and Lauri Korpikoski, depending on the Rangers' need. Many fans and writers have been clamoring for rookie Brandon Dubinsky to fill the need for a second-line center for Shanahan, but that would be unfair to Dubinsky, 20, who has nine goals and isn't ready for such a pressurized situation. They're also demanding the recall of a handful of youngsters to try to re-energize the team, but viewing the kids as saviors would probably be a mistake
Tom Renney likes what he sees in Dan Girardi

Quote:

"[Wednesday] was probably the most engaged he needed to be, but he's resilient and shows the composure that you're looking for from a young guy," Renney said. "He and Tyutin are similar players, kind of calm and poised people who pass the puck well. It's maybe a little bit of an investment in our future. They're guys who could be here for a while playing together. ... [Girardi] has justified playing some more, though it's sort of contingent on who we have back there. But I see no rush to judgment on him."
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

In The Flesh 02-02-2007 08:16 AM

I love to see him in the lineup the rest of the season, but thats just not going to happen, same for Pock.

Finest 02-02-2007 08:19 AM

Just curious, but is there any concern that the Rangers are taking away too many players from Hartford? I know they only have one guy up now, but if even if they call up 1-2 more guys couldnt that hurt the Wolfpack?

94now 02-02-2007 08:19 AM

Girardi is here to stay. Isbister may be in sooner that others, but I guess Jason Ward will be playing first.

RangerBoy 02-02-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 (Post 7885660)
Just curious, but is there any concern that the Rangers are taking away too many players from Hartford? I know they only have one guy up now, but if even if they call up 1-2 more guys couldnt that hurt the Wolfpack?

They do have Bruce Graham,Lee Falardeau,Zdenek Bahensky and Mark Lee in Charlotte

In The Flesh 02-02-2007 08:27 AM

not to mention Hugh, but who knows if he's doing anything down there.

Finest 02-02-2007 08:30 AM

Ok thanks for the reply, I honestly dont know much about what prospects the Rangers have so I guess i'm showing my ignorance :)

Fireonk 02-02-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 (Post 7885713)
not to mention Hugh, but who knows if he's doing anything down there.

Hugh has 7 goals and 7 assists in his 12 games playing for Charlotte. He's also a +5.

In The Flesh 02-02-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireonk (Post 7885784)
Hugh has 7 goals and 7 assists in his 12 games playing for Charlotte. He's also a +5.

Sounds good, maybe he'll get called back up to Hartford?

GarretJoseph* 02-02-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireonk (Post 7885784)

Not bad but when you consider that its Charlotte, he should prob have better #'s due to how high he was selected.

Fireonk 02-02-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarretJoseph (Post 7885824)
Not bad but when you consider that its Charlotte, he should prob have better #'s due to how high he was selected.

Well, I think his numbers are fine. Its more of a case that he shouldnt even be in Charlotte because of how high he was selected. But its good to see that he's at least performing at some level.

In The Flesh 02-02-2007 09:55 AM

both good points considering his fellow draft mates (mostly selected lower than him) are performing at the NHL level.

xander 02-02-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

who cares?

I'm all for our prospects developing chemistry together in hartford, but putting the needs of the AHL team before the needs of the induvidual player or the big club is tremendously backwards thinking.

HockeyBasedNYC 02-02-2007 11:10 AM

This team is all over the place.

We have 14 threads about possible centers coming to New York, and in the meantime the Rangers are all talk about bringing up a few youngens.

As soon as Sather pulls the trigger (and you know hell do something, its only a matter of time) its gonna be veteran mania to try and get this team to the postseason.

I hope Girardi sticks though, i like his simple play

94now 02-02-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 7887278)

We have 14 threads about possible centers coming to New York, and in the meantime the Rangers are all talk about bringing up a few youngens.

As soon as Sather pulls the trigger (and you know hell do something, its only a matter of time) its gonna be veteran mania to try and get this team to the postseason.

Do not discount misinformation that needs to be provided should Rangers are about to acquire a star like Forsberg. Slats might want to send the competitors a false message that we are into youth movement...
IMO, Girardy has stuck already. His game looks simple, but there is a lot of complexity behind the simple looking game. With this guy the rookie production may be ok for this year.

Larry Melnyk 02-02-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 7887278)

True about the threads, and why it makes things hard to follow!

And damn straight Sather will make a move for a veteran C to help for the PO run and the POs. ANd I think that's the right move---depending on the cost..I also expect it to happen fairly soon...We can't go on with a 2nd line of Shanny-Betts-Hossa..It's criminal...Still saying a Smolinski or reasonbabe facsimilie

n8 02-02-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. :D well, not really. As long as it is helping these kids develop then do what's best for them. I doubt calling up some kids will hurt other players in hartford. In fact, it'll give them more playing time and which will probably help them out as well.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-02-2007 03:18 PM

Hopefully Callahan is next