HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Blueshirt bulletin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=339701)

eco's bones 02-02-2007 01:37 PM

Blueshirt bulletin

showed today. Very funny article about Valiquette's season in Russia last year. Every time they go to another city to play that city screws with them and him being the goalie he's a special target. For instance prostitutes banging on his door at 2 in the morning asking him if he wants room service--or in some place called Neftihimik he gets a room without curtains and floodlamps shining through the window all night. Lumpy matresses and beds that are too small or him and 15 of his teammates getting stuck in an elevator just as they're about to go to the arena.

VisionQuest* 02-02-2007 01:44 PM

I really want to see this.

Anyone know if its available online anywhere?

frozenrubber 02-02-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 and 14 (Post 7889269)
I really want to see this.

Anyone know if its available online anywhere?

The guys at Blueshirt Bulletin do a great job and need every dollar of support. If you can't find it on newsstands in your area (where they've scaled this back a lot), please just subscribe.

They need all the help they can get.

SML 02-02-2007 02:33 PM

How much is a subscription?
I subscribed to that HF magazine and I think I got 1 issue and never heard from them again, so I am kinda wary about that, but I remember Blueshirt from back in the day, PRE-INTERNET, youngsters, when you actually had to wait more than 30 seconds for up to date info. Actually, I'm surprised The Hockey News is still afloat, because whenever I read it, it's articles from beat writers that are at least a week old and probably more. It must be really tough to keep Blueshirt going b/c they never had nearly as much circulation.

Skroob* 02-02-2007 02:48 PM

I had a sub to the BB, but dropped it during the lockout. once a month is too long in sports news.

dank 02-02-2007 03:11 PM

its actually a really good magazine and those who run it are very conscientious.. i got a sub for my cousin as a gift and if i knew more Rangers fans, i'd get it for them too..

100% backing from this guy right here..

eco's bones 02-02-2007 03:53 PM

In the U. S. 1 year is $30--that's 10 issues a year. 2 years is $50 and 3 years is $70.
Not super cheap but it is a good read and they have some excellent writers including a number of the beat writers and usually have a couple or three interesting articles on prospects every issue including interviews both with players and their coaches. You can go to the site and subscribe online or you can do it through the mail or over the phone. I've done it by mail and I think also by phone. They rated the junior prospects by the way this time. Pyatt, Cliche and Dupont were all A+.

nyrmessier011 02-02-2007 06:01 PM

Lawrence Taylor plays russian hockey? weird :teach:

kasparaitis666 02-02-2007 10:50 PM

I would subscribe if you could do it online...

nrf83 02-03-2007 03:21 PM

I subscribed twice. 1st time they never sent my paper. called twice and finally got it resolved. Again the second year same thing happened, than I was getting paper 3-4 weeks late, and I had already seen most of articles. I am leary about 3rd time