HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   CBC"hotstove" comment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=340231)

Artyukhin* 02-03-2007 07:54 PM

CBC"hotstove" comment

tonight on the Hotstove Lounge it was said that

Peter Forsberg said (in private to friends) before he is done he would like to play for a Canadian team .

hototogisu 02-03-2007 07:57 PM

Jeremy Roenick said he wanted to play for a Canadian team too :huh:

WeThreeKings 02-03-2007 08:00 PM

Oh, I thought it was that the Leaf's were set to win the cup.

kevinr 02-03-2007 09:43 PM

A Canadian team? Try Vancouver then because BG doesn't have the cahones to pull of a big deal.

Masao 02-03-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinr (Post 7907561)
A Canadian team? Try Vancouver then because BG doesn't have the cahones to pull of a big deal.

I thing BG has more cahones than anyone in the organization. In fact, I think he has so many cahones he has to spend millions a year on storage.

guest1467 02-03-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

You wouldnt say Theodore for Aebischer was a big deal?

JMMR 02-03-2007 09:49 PM

Too bad he did not say I want to play in the province of Qubec again before I retire.

MathMan 02-03-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 7907684)
You wouldnt say Theodore for Aebischer was a big deal?

Or the ever-so-classic Iginla-for-Niewendyk.

Souray44 02-03-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 7907895)

getting Kovalev was the biggest deal we'd seen in a long time.

wedge 02-03-2007 10:20 PM

well, Forsberg already played for a Canadian team... the Nordiques...

Habitants 02-04-2007 12:25 AM

i still dont think i want him on the habs with all his injuries...

i could see him gogin to vancouver to play with his countrymen, but they would have trouble fitting him in their cap

guest1467 02-04-2007 12:26 AM

Would that make 6 or 7 swedes if Foppa went to Vancouver?

hototogisu 02-04-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

And I guess trying to swing Elias and then Shanahan before finally getting Samsonov wasn't big enough?

habitants9_4 02-04-2007 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathMan (Post 7907895)

I think this deal was great....a deadline deal, he got who he wanted and went on to win the Stanley Cup....I think Calgary got a good deal, but man if we could trade David Fisher or a 1st round pick for the stanley cup....go for it

coolguy21415 02-04-2007 03:12 AM

Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal are the only Canadian teams with enough cap space to pick up Forsberg.

Calgary already has their centre, and Edmonton I don't think is seriously pursuing Forsberg.

Hackett 02-04-2007 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 7905035)
tonight on the Hotstove Lounge it was said that

Peter Forsberg said (in private to friends) before he is done he would like to play for a Canadian team .

I actually heard about this news a few days ago from Tony Gallagher of the vancouver province. I'm not a big fan of his but I do admit that gallagher has some pretty reliable sources.

The key here is that forberg would like to play with a canadian team before his career is over but by no means does that mean its an absolute priority to him.

Having said that, if Forsberg had a choice to go to any canadian team, it would probably be the vancouver canucks. Forsberg and Naslund grew up in the same town and are good friends... and about the same age as well. Add in the sedins and Ohlund and you have lots of swedish flavour on the team. Come to think of it, the sedins are also from the same little town as naslund and forsberg. That's a remarkable story in its own right.

However, realistically, the canucks really dont have a whole lot of tradeable assets that they would be willing to part for forsberg. Thier organizational depth is not quite there yet. Out of the canadian teams, I still think the habs have the most to offer.

RangerBoy 02-04-2007 05:04 AM

Quote:

Montreal scout Gordie Roberts was at Saturday’s game fueling more Bryan Smolinski-to-the-Canadiens speculation. Smolinski played more than 23 minutes and was plus-1 with an assist, but he lost 15 of 22 faceoffs
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=277013

Marksman 02-04-2007 05:35 AM

I would rather have Smolinski for something reasonable than paying through the nose for Forsberg.

Kimota 02-04-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman (Post 7910957)
I would rather have Smolinski for something reasonable than paying through the nose for Forsberg.

Smol would not transform our team; I believe that Forsberg would.

RangerBoy 02-04-2007 06:01 AM

Regarding Floppa

Quote:

"The foot issue, dragging on this long, means you're going to get marginal value for him," said one longtime NHL scout. "How good a prospect can any club give up when they don't know if Forsberg will even be able to play next year?"

There is a feeling in the NHL that Forsberg will retire this summer if he can't find a solution to his problem. Forsberg said this week he wants to take the summer, if necessary, to make it right and concedes retirement may await him.

"With the injury situation the way it is, I doubt the Flyers could get the goalie or the top prospect unless [Forsberg] was healthy," the scout said. "It's too much of a gamble given his health
"
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16615954.htm

The Flyers fans aren't going to like these comments;)

Nakamura 02-04-2007 06:02 AM

bryan smolinski.. hmm yeah ! that would put us over the top for sure !! :amazed:

Boston_Bruins 02-04-2007 06:55 AM

i heard montreal was interested

Phousse 02-04-2007 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudToBeAHabFan (Post 7908377)
well, Forsberg already played for a Canadian team... the Nordiques...

They weren't from Canada. They were from hell! :madfire:

GoHabsGO252006 02-04-2007 09:16 AM

Injuries and all Forsberg is the type of player that can put a team over the top and make them a true cup contender.

I hope Forsberg ends up in Montreal, the Habs have enough pieces to make the deal, I hope BG does it. A lineup featuring the following would be amazing. Considering the price is a pick and prospect. we could see this assuming no line changes which are needed.

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Perezhogin Forsberg Kovalev
Samsonov Plekanek Latendresse
Begin / Streit Bonk Johnson

Schooner Guy 02-04-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHabsGO252006 (Post 7911459)
Injuries and all Forsberg is the type of player that can put a team over the top and make them a true cup contender.

I hope Forsberg ends up in Montreal, the Habs have enough pieces to make the deal, I hope BG does it. A lineup featuring the following would be amazing. Considering the price is a pick and prospect. we could see this assuming no line changes which are needed.

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Perezhogin Forsberg Kovalev
Samsonov Plekanek Latendresse
Begin / Streit Bonk Johnson

How the heck did Perezhogin get promoted to the 2nd line???? What did Bonk and Johnson do to deserve their demotion???