HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What's bad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=340439)

The Thomas J.* 02-03-2007 09:13 PM

The Abyss

We have Totally fallen apart, we are deep in the Abyss and its becomig obvious that this team that started out with so much potential will NOT make the playoffs this year.
Hopefully this will be one of those seasons that we have to regress & learn from our mistakes before we can take the next step forward.
So Sad.
:( :help: :( :help: :(

LeftCoastRangersFan 02-03-2007 09:16 PM

Ah, it's this season we're supposed to learn from, not the previous 10 years. I get it now...Missing the dance should be a surprise to no one. It has become the Ranger way.

mrhockey193195 02-03-2007 09:21 PM

It honestly feels like, this year, the rangers just decide before each game whether or not they want to try hard, or (more often) see how well they can help the other team beat them.

Diehardfan419 02-03-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Deville (Post 7906943)

We have Totally fallen apart, we are deep in the Abyss and its becomig obvious that this team that started out with so much potential will NOT make the playoffs this year.
Hopefully this will be one of those seasons that we have to regress & learn from our mistakes before we can take the next step forward.
So Sad.
:( :help: :( :help: :(

Whos gonna learn from this? We have ZERO kids on this team (other than Prucha, Toots, and Henrik) and they arent the problem. The ones that SHOULDVE learned from the past 10 years are our GM and coach. Yet, they still make the same mistakes. Last year was an abberation..Jagr carried us. And Henrik was spectacular, too. But that was it.

LeftCoastRangersFan 02-03-2007 09:23 PM

^^^ Possibly. Or, maybe we just aren't that great of a hockey team?

jas 02-03-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 (Post 7907129)
Whos gonna learn from this? We have ZERO kids on this team (other than Prucha, Toots, and Henrik) and they arent the problem. The ones that SHOULDVE learned from the past 10 years are our GM and coach. Yet, they still make the same mistakes. Last year was an abberation..Jagr carried us. And Henrik was spectacular, too. But that was it.

I guess Pock, Girardi, Hollweg and Lampman don't count.

funky 02-03-2007 09:36 PM

when a team is in a playoff hunt and gives up 41 shots to a high octane Lightning club, the yearning and wanting to be in the playoffs just isn't evident from some of our "star players".

Thought our two pups on defence played a good game though.

dedalus 02-03-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 7907380)
when a team is in a playoff hunt and gives up 41 shots to a high octane Lightning club, the yearning and wanting to be in the playoffs just isn't evident from some of our "star players".

And yet we were assured that if the team only made it to the playoffs last year, everyone would be hungry, hungry, hungry for more.

What up?

nyranger61494 02-03-2007 09:47 PM

We're in that in between position that this club has been in pretty much since the turn of the century, and it will be interesting to see what comes of this. The team is supposedly rebuilding so it will be interesting to see which way the organization goes. This next 3 and a half weeks is a long time and unfortunately, I feel like we will probably be on the fence, and given Sather's track record, he will attempt to improve the team by adding veterans.

ThisYearsModel 02-03-2007 10:00 PM

Maybe we will be sellers at the deadline.

ATLANTARANGER* 02-03-2007 10:05 PM

Missing the playoffs this year would not be a bad thing. If we can get a good slot in the draft it will help in the long run. What is missing is a 3rd and 4th line that played like it did last year. The 2nd line center spot is a big hole as well.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to really go forward.

Diehardfan419 02-03-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 7907357)
I guess Pock, Girardi, Hollweg and Lampman don't count.

UM, no......Let me rephrase..we have no CORE KIDS other than the three I mentioned.

Diehardfan419 02-03-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494 (Post 7907648)
We're in that in between position that this club has been in pretty much since the turn of the century, and it will be interesting to see what comes of this. The team is supposedly rebuilding so it will be interesting to see which way the organization goes. This next 3 and a half weeks is a long time and unfortunately, I feel like we will probably be on the fence, and given Sather's track record, he will attempt to improve the team by adding veterans.

Can anyone say Nigel Dawes for Marty Rucinsky? Ugh..I have that sick feeling again.:cry:

jas 02-03-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 (Post 7909211)
UM, no......Let me rephrase..we have no CORE KIDS other than the three I mentioned.

True, because the drafting of Jessiman was a disaster, while the kids who WILL potentially make up that core - Staal, Sauer, Dubinsky, Korpikoski, Sanguinetti, Aninsimov, and maybe a Callahan, Cliche or Pyatt - are not yet ready to do so.

WhipNash27 02-04-2007 09:51 AM

What's bad

...is that 14th place Washington is only 5 points behind the Rangers. This can get very ugly by April.

FLYLine24* 02-04-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 7911658)
...is that 14th place Washington is only 5 points behind the Rangers. This can get very ugly by April.

Look at the brightside, we will get a nice draft pick and hopefully a new coach for next season.

natureboy* 02-04-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 7911667)
Look at the brightside, we will get a nice draft pick and hopefully a new coach for next season.

yeah but with our draft history its no sure thing.

FLYLine24* 02-04-2007 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natureboy (Post 7911671)
yeah but with our draft history its no sure thing.

Recently it seems we've been doing better since those horrible years in the 90's...then again its never a sure thing.

abev 02-04-2007 10:01 AM

Yet strangely enough, the Rangers are only 5 points out of 8th place. The glass is half ...?

WhipNash27 02-04-2007 10:02 AM

Considering that they were in 7th like a week ago and now are in 11th and are behind the Islanders now... I'd say empty.

jas 02-04-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Too bad there's no Toews or Mueller available this year.

Anthony Mauro 02-04-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

I'm usually the first one to love talking draft and hoping the team gets a good pick. but NOT this year, not any year later either. Don't forget who your team is. It's not the NYR Wolfpacks. It's not the NYR Draft Tables. It's the NYR's, and no ordinary joe-schmo has the power to change the players on the team, nor the management. Root for your team. Do you really think the 6th overall pick is gonna change the air of this team?? At the end of the day, NYR is blessed to have the craziest, one of the most loyal fanbases in the sport. We'll be there always. So why not just stand by them all the time? Not just in the beginning of the season before failure. Not just when they make the playoffs.

I've given up hoping for things that will never come. This is NYC. Fans want playoffs, owners want money.

I don't know about you, but playoffs at the Garden are one of the most memorable experiences to enjoy. I don't want to have to wait another year.

After being really pissed off and indifferent to this team a few weeks back, I've realized I can't change a thing. All I can do is keep doing the only thing I know how to do. Root for the jersey I know best.

Lets Go Rangers, this season is far from lost.

schoenfeld 02-04-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Look at the brightside, we will get a nice draft pick

Don't worry, old man Slats will just trade that away for an overpaid veteran.

jas 02-04-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico Resch (Post 7911827)
Don't worry, old man Slats will just trade that away for an overpaid veteran.

There's that penetrating insight we've come to to expect from the name "Chico Resch".

squilber 02-04-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 7911683)
Recently it seems we've been doing better since those horrible years in the 90's...then again its never a sure thing.

Better? Potential does not equate to better. Who on the Rangers' current roster is a first round pick of Sather? Silence. OK. Second round pick of Sather's? Silence.
Time to fire the GM - it starts from the top.