HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=340462)

99nogoal 02-04-2007 12:04 PM

The All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread

My girlfriend and I are coming down for a vacation the week of Presidents Day and have tickets to the game against San Jose. We were wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give us some suggestions for someplace to grab a bite to eat before the game and a few good watering holes for after. Thanks!

The Viking Fury 02-04-2007 01:32 PM

Five guys, la Tasca among others. Theres a crapload of restaurants andbars within a two block radius from ther arena. You'll be good

Foy 02-04-2007 01:46 PM

I'd go with the District Chophouse and Brewery. Great restraunt, great beer.

Chimaera 02-04-2007 02:29 PM

If just drinking is your goal, RFD!

HockeyCritter 02-05-2007 04:44 PM

Check out this link - it lists lost of local restaurants (though it does list one or two that no longer exist).

HckyFght* 02-06-2007 12:22 AM

I prefer the Irish Channel, in the Red Roof Inn at 5th & G. You can almost always get a seat or table, the atmosphere is low key, beer is great and the food better than average.
-HckyFght
"Proud Resident of Section 417"

RandyHolt 02-06-2007 12:57 AM

Clyde's Restaurant and Bar right next to Verizon Center is my preferred place to go before and after games because its close to Metro and the rink. Its likely crowded but there are 2 bars and good food. I think Ovey may go there sometimes.

HockeyCritter 02-06-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 7913338)
I'd go with the District Chophouse and Brewery. Great restraunt, great beer.

Ooooo, and warm cornbread and the yummiest calamari around.

Great, now I'm hungry.

Foy 02-06-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCritter (Post 7934914)
Ooooo, and warm cornbread and the yummiest calamari around.

Great, now I'm hungry.

I thought you liked the Calamari at Legal Sea Foods?

HockeyCritter 02-06-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 7935550)
I thought you liked the Calamari at Legal Sea Foods?

Not a fan of Legal Seafood at least not the one in the District. I did like the calamari at where ever it was we went --- (McCormick's???)

Gordon and Biersch makes a killer ahi tuna appetizer.

Foy 02-06-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCritter (Post 7935627)
Not a fan of Legal Seafood at least not the one in the District. I did like the calamari at where ever it was we went --- (McCormick's???)

Gordon and Biersch makes a killer ahi tuna appetizer.

Was it McCormick's we went to? I was referencing the wrong place. Most of that post-game is no longer in my cranium.

HockeyCritter 02-06-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foy (Post 7935839)
Was it McCormick's we went to? I was referencing the wrong place. Most of that post-game is no longer in my cranium.

Well being sloshed will do that to you. :D

If it was McCormic's (and I think it was) --- they have good calamari and it isn't too crowded.

Foy 02-06-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCritter (Post 7935904)
Well being sloshed will do that to you. :D

If it was McCormic's (and I think it was) --- they have good calamari and it isn't too crowded.

I wasn't that drunk.

5holeATL 11-14-2007 09:38 PM

Advice for a visitor

Hi Caps fans,

I will be in DC on business in a couple weeks and would like to take in a Caps game.

Any advice to make the experience all it can be would be great. Where to eat before, party after, etc.

Thanks for any advice you may have for a visiting hockey fan.

Ohh and I will root for the Caps!

Thanks!

mrwarden 11-14-2007 09:49 PM

Check out this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=canucks

The Viking Fury 11-15-2007 12:47 AM

La Tasca is one of my favorite restaurants.

Devil Dancer 11-15-2007 01:53 AM

Do you have a student ID? The Caps have some really excellent deals for students.

5holeATL 11-15-2007 10:26 PM

Nope not a student. Thanks everyone!

Slappy 11-15-2007 10:29 PM

a tip before going to a game:

don't have a large dinner the night of the game as the caps' performance often induces nausea and/or vomiting.

...sorry i'm just bitter at the moment.

czm* 11-15-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slappy (Post 11223690)

don't have a large dinner the night of the game as the caps' performance often induces nausea and/or vomiting.

...sorry i'm just bitter at the moment.

I was about to say the same thing.

Bring a paper bag or something, man.

strungout 11-15-2007 10:51 PM

My advice for visitors...stay as far away as possible.

It's getting ugly.

Slappy 11-15-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strungout (Post 11224116)
My advice for visitors...stay as far away as possible.

It's getting ugly.

yeah, just go watch the redski....err the wiz...no, ummm dc united?

DC sports blow.

thrill_me_mogilny 11-16-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slappy (Post 11223690)

I'm used to it...I'm a Leafs fan. Still looking forward to seeing Ovechkin, Semin et al vs. Tampa on Boxing Day. Still can't get over how easy it is to get great seats.

czm* 11-16-2007 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrill_me_mogilny (Post 11225608)
I'm used to it...I'm a Leafs fan. Still looking forward to seeing Ovechkin, Semin et al vs. Tampa on Boxing Day. Still can't get over how easy it is to get great seats.

That's because the team is sucking royally, man. Plus, well.. this is DC, and the only losing team that this city really supports no matter what are the Skins.

You'll be wowed by AO and Semin (assuming his ankle is ok by then..), but you'll also be wowed at Pothier's ability to fumble the puck at the blue line at least once every PP, the inability to complete any passing whatsoever (both ES and on the PP), and the complete lack of defense. You'll leave wondering what the hell it is that you just watched, checking your ticket stubs to make sure you didn't accidentally buy tickets to Disney On Ice or something.

wo4bb 11-19-2007 04:44 PM

Im going to be in town for the Feb 2nd game, do the caps have open morning skates/practices? If so, is it at the arena? A PM would be appreciated, since I usually spend all my time in the coyotes thread. :help:

Thanks!