HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton on TV - Sunday Dec. 7 Sportsnet East (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34072)

Necrophile 12-07-2003 07:30 AM

Hamilton on TV - Sunday Dec. 7 Sportsnet East

Hey guys!

Really looking forward to watching the Toronto @ Hamilton game today. It starts at 3:30 PM on Sportsnet East.

Any tips on what / who I should be looking for (give me reasons, not just names)? And is Gainey still in Hamilton this week-end?

Enjoy the game :yo:

Traitor8 12-07-2003 07:39 AM

Look for Ron Hainsey and Marcel Hossa, see if they have the extra edge now in Hamilton that they didn't have in Montreal.

Look for Jozef Balej, he has speed and a nice shot, he had 4 pts last night, let's see how he comes to play tonight.

Look for Chris Higgins(if playin) , he was benched yesterday, will he take it badly or will he come out with more intensity then ever before? He might be the next guy to get the call from Hamilton.

Look out for Alex Perezhogin, see if he fully adjusted to the NA game or does he still need more time?

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 07:41 AM

I'd really love to see one Bulldogs game on RDS someday :(

(even if I would have to see the Xerox replay and the Reno Depot Highlits hehe)

eddy 12-07-2003 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophile
Hey guys!

Really looking forward to watching the Toronto @ Hamilton game today. It starts at 3:30 PM on Sportsnet East.

Any tips on what / who I should be looking for (give me reasons, not just names)? And is Gainey still in Hamilton this week-end?

Enjoy the game :yo:

Thanks I will be watching thta game for sure. About Gainey i'm guessing he's still there but I don't know for sure, I hope he is as he hasn't got a chance to see Higgins or Gratton yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Look for Chris Higgins(if playin) , he was benched yesterday, will he take it badly or will he come out with more intensity then ever before? He might be the next guy to get the call from Hamilton.

Higgins wasn't benched last night he had a bad slash and couldn't shoot or pass well during warm up so decided to not play, nothing to serious though and will probly play tonight.

theo6060 12-07-2003 07:53 AM

Why oh why do they have to play on tv when I already have plans. This just isn't fair!

Watch Perezhogin, see if he cuts to the middle a lot with the puck today. I hope he doesn't get clobbered doing that...

Team_Spirit 12-07-2003 08:26 AM

every weekend i'm stunt with those suckass schedule ...

3 games in 3 nights ( afternoon )

Friday : AT Hamilton
Yesterday : Bus trip to Cleavland to play in afternoon
Today : Another bus trip back to Hamilton to play in afternoon again.

And don't tell me it's for bring more fans , the team is last in the standings for attendence .

Balej played 2 big game so far this weekend , hope he complete the ''hat trick'' .

KnuklZ 12-07-2003 10:26 AM

I cant wait to watch our prospects today...this will be the first time I have the chance to watch Balej play. Lets see if his speed is really that good.

GO (Baby) HABS GO!!!

eddy 12-07-2003 10:41 AM

Game just about to start, bit of a rivalry as there playign some old teammates form last year. Fichaud in goal Gratton and Higgins in for this one. Here the hamilton lineup.

4 Dykhuis, Karl
5 Archer, Andrew
14 Plekanec, Tomas
17 Hossa, Marcel
18 Olvestad, Jimmie
20 Somervuori, Eero
21 Ferland, Jonathan
24 Beauchemin, Francois
25 Gratton, Benoit
27 Perezhogin, Alexander
30 Fichaud, Eric
35 Svitov, Alexander
38 Carpentier, Benjamin
43 Cote, Jean-Philippe
46 Higgins, Chris
55 Traverse, Patrick
57 Balej, Jozef
65 Hainsey, Ron

Madevilz 12-07-2003 11:16 AM

Higgins shows some nice moves :D
Balej's puck control is pretty good, his play looks so much like Zednik's.

MontrealSF 12-07-2003 11:20 AM

That was an embarassing period for the Roadrunners... and dammit, stop talking about Jamie Wright and gives us real players... let's hear about Higgins, Baleh, Perezhogin...

Habs got 2 penalties... Dykhuis and Traverse.. nothing new there.

Pretty good period by the Dogs... awful by the Runners.

Svitov is impressive, wish he was a Hab... he dismantled 3 Runners by himself while being shorthanded...

MontrealSF 12-07-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Boring first period!

Y t'en faut beaucoup pour te satisfaire... entk.

EquabaleAce 12-07-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyF
Svitov is impressive, wish he was a Hab... he dismantled 3 Runners by himself while being shorthanded...

what would it take for us to get our hands on svitov, he looks pretty good and i believe that he was a dudley pick, not a jay feister pick who is not the gm in tampa anymore
correct me if i am wrong

Team_Spirit 12-07-2003 11:38 AM

Quote:

Unbelievable how much Hossa looks lazzy!

agreed , it's time to light his ass up or he'll be a bust . But we have to remember that it's the 3rd game in 3 night with 2 long bus trip between the games .

EquabaleAce 12-07-2003 11:58 AM

Quote:

Unbelievable how much lazzy Hossa looks!

any habs rumor in the last year that included a prospect, i've always nominated hossa because i never liked him, i hope he gets packaged with a vet to get us some scoring. plus it will open up a spot for milroy

eddy 12-07-2003 12:03 PM

There interviewing Hossa in the 2nd Intermission.
edit- Supposed to be Hossa ended up being Gratton

eddy 12-07-2003 12:08 PM

After first 2 Periods- 1-0 Roadrunners, Shots 17 for T.O., 13 for Hamilton

Hainsey- OK, couple defensive lapses, took stupid penaly
Beuchemin- OK, been solid
Ferland- Good when he was on, hustles
Fichaud- Good, screened on goal
Balej- Very good, fast!, likes to shoot
Higgins- Good, flashes of good skill, good all round game
Hossa- OK, i'd expect more of him in AHL, bit lazy
Gratton- Good, pretty fast, works hard
Plekanec- Awesome, playing best of Bulldogs, fast, wroks hard, had a couple good chances but couldn't finish
Archer- Big!, solid so far
Perezoighin- Havn't noticed him to much

Joe Malone 12-07-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
any habs rumor in the last year that included a prospect, i've always nominated hossa because i never liked him, i hope he gets packaged with a vet to get us some scoring. plus it will open up a spot for milroy

Trading Hossa could come back to haunt us. I'm not as high on him as some are, but big guys can "look" lazy when actually they're not. It also takes the bigger players longer to develop, so we should be more patient with them I think. I'd hate to have another LeClair type player slip through our hands.

By the way Adam, did you make it home to Donkin this weekend?

EquabaleAce 12-07-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Trading Hossa could come back to haunt us. I'm not as high on him as some are, but big guys can "look" lazy when actually they're not. It also takes the bigger players longer to develop, so we should be more patient with them I think. I'd hate to have another LeClair type player slip through our hands.

By the way Adam, did you make it home to Donkin this weekend?

no i got exams all this week so i am gonna try next week

i think we got like 2 feet of snow that night

Crusher20 12-07-2003 12:57 PM

Crappy game by Hamilton.. i dont know why but everygame a saw on tv they seem to choke.

Team_Spirit 12-07-2003 01:07 PM

3 GAMES IN 3NIGHTS ( afternoon )

along with 2 bus trip .. now you know why , AHL schedule is crap

eddy 12-07-2003 01:10 PM

One guys who I think might have gone un-noticed but I believe played a good game was Archer. Big, used his size quite well, good defencively and almost had a goal when he sneaked in off the point there near the end of the game.

pup 12-07-2003 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy
After first 2 Periods- 1-0 Roadrunners, Shots 17 for T.O., 13 for Hamilton

Hainsey- OK, couple defensive lapses, took stupid penaly
Beuchemin- OK, been solid SUCKED OVERMAYCHED PHYSICALLY
Ferland- Good when he was on, hustles
Fichaud- Good, screened on goal
Balej- Very good, fast!, likes to shoot SOFT perimeter player
Higgins- Good, flashes of good skill, good all round game DID NOT EVEN NOTICE HIM OUT THERE
Hossa- OK, i'd expect more of him in AHL, bit lazy
Gratton- Good, pretty fast, works hard SOFT SMALL STUPID PASSES
Plekanec- Awesome, playing best of Bulldogs, fast, wroks hard, had a couple good chances but couldn't finish USELESS PERIMETER PLAYER
Archer- Big!, solid so far AGREED
Perezoighin- Havn't noticed him to much

What game are you watching???????????????????????????

Joe Malone 12-07-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
3 GAMES IN 3NIGHTS ( afternoon )

along with 2 bus trip .. now you know why , AHL schedule is crap

It was also Toronto's 3rd game in three days. The AHL has crazy weekend schedules this year.

Team_Spirit 12-07-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
It was also Toronto's 3rd game in three days. The AHL has crazy weekend schedules this year.

at least their week-end has a sense :

Home - Away - Away ... for the dogs it was Home - Away - Home :dunno:

Kirk Muller 12-07-2003 01:55 PM

Anyone else wonder how Patrick Traverse managed to play 20 minutes a game in the NHL last season? He looks out of place at the friggin AHL level.

As a team, the Bulldogs didn't have it today. Certain guys stood out by making individual plays for example Balej and Plecanek. Beauchemin looks like he is struggling imo.

Higgins looked a bit tentative (injury maybe). Perezhogin didn't look as small as I had heard, he wasn't huge by any means, but appeared willing to play in traffic. Now the two TB players, Soumevouri(sp?) and Olvestad looked tiny on the ice. You can see that, like the current habs, the Bulldogs need some size as well.