HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   vBookie Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   vBookie NHL Thread Makers Schedule (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=340742)

Jade 02-05-2007 12:55 AM

vBookie NHL Thread Makers Schedule

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...oards/Shed.jpg

These are the current thread makers for the NHL vBookie events. As you can see we are missing a weekly thread maker for Fridays. We're asking for any volunteers to fill in for that slot. Please feel free to PM me if interested, and I'll update your name on the schedule. Only Sponsors (people with the stars next to their names) and Mods can create vBookie events.

vBookie events are easy to create. That information can be found here or in the Vbookie FAQ's & Answers thread.

Most vBookie events are done the day before an event to ensure people have proper time for betting. If you can't for some reason make your event on your schedule day, just let one of us know and we'll post it for you.

If no events have been posted for a particular day by 10 AM ET, then any mod or sponsor can pick up the slack and post the events.

The schedule gets us organized so events aren't posted last minute or one person ends up posting the majority of them (i.e someguy44) :).

Thanks in advance for helping the rest of us out!

Jim Boeheim 02-05-2007 01:04 AM

This schedule is just for events where you can wager on the winner of NHL games.
All other hockey events (AHL games, Light the Lamp, Propositons, Goalie v. Rubber, etc.) will be posted at the liesure of a mod or sponor's time.

joolzie 02-05-2007 10:22 PM

I can also do Wednesdays if no one else wants a piece of this hot vBookie making action.

Jade 02-05-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joolzie (Post 7931024)
I can also do Wednesdays if no one else wants a piece of this hot vBookie making action.

Heh, deal. Seems we have more gamblers then makers. :)

Ar-too 02-12-2007 11:33 AM

You guys can consider my Friday slot open. The threads have been created recently by a mix of people and I'd prefer not to be the guy anyways.

Jade 02-24-2007 12:17 PM

Someguy is going to be unavailable to create some of his schedule events since he doesn't have internet connection right now. Me, Joolzie and Jim Boe are doing some but help from other sponsors would greatly be appreciated.

It's harder for me to settle events from Western teams during the weekends, hence I'd rather not do Fridays or the weekends.

I know we all enjoy these events but if you have $12 to become a sponsor and are a avid vbookier, why not help create events? They're not hard to create but for the East Coast people it gets pretty late for us during some West Coast games.

Someguy has been really great at doing the events that people don't want to do, so you'll just need to be patient with the rest of us.

:)

someguy44 03-01-2007 08:07 PM

I'll be getting my net connection sometime next week. But as for this week, I won't have any internet connection. I'm actually using the public library's internet right now. Anyway after this weekend, I should be back on track and doing next weekend's games.

someguy44 03-07-2007 07:35 PM

Ok... I don't have internet connection at all. I thought I was going to when I had everything set up with Telus, but they've run into problems so now I won't have internet at all until they send a technician to my house.

I will have access to the net this Friday and parts of Saturday as I'm back in Calgary for a couple of days. But I won't have access after that.

Until I get permanent internet access, I can't create any of these Vbookie events and someone else has to do it on my behalf.

someguy44 03-09-2007 06:10 PM

Alright now... I finally got a permanent internet connection. It took forever, but I finally have it. I will now once again do the weekend games and whatever event I can come up with. I might do some requests too if I have time.

Systemfel 03-09-2007 06:18 PM

Yes! Go someguy! Make some Light the Lamps. :yo:

Jim Boeheim 04-09-2007 09:42 PM

We need to assign series to you sponsors. It's best we keep having the same volunteers post the events rather than have several new sponsors come in and try to learn it all from scratch. This is our "big time". We should not be changing it up.
Although we could use one or 2 more volunteers that can be depended upon throughout the duration of the playoffs.

f you are available, please pick 2-3 series and post the money line for the entire series and post each game at least 24 hours before the start of each game.
Thanks for helping out in the regular season. You all did a nice job during the regular season.

Also, we need volunteers to post the AHL playoffs and Memorial Cup games when they start.

Joolzie -
Jade - Buf/NYI (I assume)
Someguy - Van/Dal (I assume)
ArToo(?) -
s -

someguy44 04-09-2007 10:10 PM

I'm not sure on how to post a series. Someone do one up so I'll know what to do. Btw, where do we get the odds for the series? And yes, I'll do the Van/Dal series if no one else does it.

Jade 04-09-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy44 (Post 8851273)
I'm not sure on how to post a series. Someone do one up so I'll know what to do. Btw, where do we get the odds for the series? And yes, I'll do the Van/Dal series if no one else does it.

Look at the next thread Up. ;)

And yes, I'm still waiting for these odds to be available for the series outcome.

Jade 04-24-2007 12:34 AM

Just a warning. Starting Summer/Fall I'll be working fulltime and going to back to school fulltime. I will not be able to commit to making vBookies on a regular basis for next season.

Someone else is going to have to step up while I go to school to legally give people drugs. I just won't have the time needed to do these on a consistent basis. :D

Systemfel 09-03-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunymare (Post 10328833)
Is it only mods of this forum?

By the look of it, it's all mods.

GKJ 09-04-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 10329375)
By the look of it, it's all mods.

It's mods and sponsors.

jumptheshark 09-05-2007 10:10 PM

sponsers can make the threads--based upon the actual odds

not what the little voices in their minds tell them

Jim Boeheim 09-09-2007 10:23 AM

We'll start signing up willing mods and sponsors to fill in a new thread makers schedule during the initial week of the season.Post hre if you're interested in taking a day or two.

Please don't bite off more than you can chew.

jumptheshark 09-10-2007 07:39 PM

I am game for posting odds

Tachycineta 09-21-2007 06:41 PM

If needed- I wouldn't mind doing a day and Fridays would probably work best. However, I have no idea how to set anything up so if someone would teach me or point me in the right direction....

I realize that the events might need to be set up Thurs, which is fine.

Jim Boeheim 09-30-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunymare (Post 10576988)
So a mod from the Oilers forum can post a vbookie, right?

Any moderator can post a vbookie event.
Any HF sponsor can post a vbookie event.

Jonathan Iilahti* 10-02-2007 01:10 AM

I could do some events or even take a day of the week if needed. I'll be a sponsor as soon as my paypal account has some cash in it. Right now it say that the money transfer should be complete by october 5th.

SpeakerForTheDead 10-07-2007 01:18 AM

I'm am willing to do a day or two. I just did Friday and Saturdays NHL games as nothing was up by noon ET on the respective days.

SoulPatch 10-10-2007 02:58 PM

I'd like to help out, but where do you guys get the "odds" from. Or are you just making it up yourself?

joolzie 10-10-2007 06:22 PM

I use pointspread.com for odds, but there are a lot of different services out there.

We've moved, but I'm still probably a couple of weeks away from having anything resembling free time to put up odds. Good thing I find the time to make a bet or two... ;)