HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What will happen when... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34075)

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 07:45 AM

What will happen when...

... Audette, Juneau and Ward will be back?

Ward totally diserves his spot back in the lineup... I would even put him on the first 2 lines to see what he could do! If Dagenais is not doin' the job by that time, he should pay for it...

I would DEFINITIVELY put Juneau on waivers or try to trade him for a 8th draft pick!! Begin CAN'T be removed from the 3rd line now that he is playing his best hockey ever!! He's everything Juneau is but in better IMO! Let's keep intact this Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell line.

And Audette... well I will really be pissed if that guy steals a spot from a young guy.. and that will probably happen :(

So that makes this as our lineup :

Zednick-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribeiro-Perreault
Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

not playing : Juneau, Audette, Dagenais (Bulis has to play!)

Marc the Habs Fan 12-07-2003 07:48 AM

Well, right now we only have 12 healthy forwards. With Juneau, Ward and Audette coming back soon IMO it means Dagenais goes down and we go back to 14 forwards.

What happens with who plays and who doesn't it is the real question..I also hope we just get rid of Juneau but that salary and the freakin A on his jersey makes it very unlikely. :mad:

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 07:56 AM

Man I can't wait for next year to see players like Juneau, Audette, Quintal, Sundstrom, etc. gone to make some room for Higgins, Komo, Balez, Perezhogin, Hossa and many more! :)

The future looks bright.

Patty Roy 12-07-2003 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Man I can't wait for next year to see players like Juneau, Audette, Quintal, Sundstrom, etc. gone to make some room for Higgins, Komo, Balez, Perezhogin, Hossa and many more! :)

The future looks bright.

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but i wouldn't be so quick to drop Sundstrom. Juneau, Audette, Quintal and Perreault on the other hand...

Medicine Twin 12-07-2003 08:18 AM

Quote:

... Audette, Juneau and Ward will be back?

I would DEFINITIVELY put Juneau on waivers or try to trade him for a 8th draft pick!! Begin CAN'T be removed from the 3rd line now that he is playing his best hockey ever!! He's everything Juneau is but in better IMO! Let's keep intact this Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell line.

Although I agree with you on Begin and his linemates, this dump on Juneau is completely unfair. He's been one of our more consistant and reliable forwards so far this year and I'd definately give him a spot ahead of Kilger, Langdon or Perreault.

Quote:

Zednick-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribeiro-Perreault
Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis - Ribeiro - Audette/Dagenais
Sundstrom - Begin - Dackell
Perreault - Juneau - Ward

Not that I like Audette, but he's not going anywhere soon unfortunately. Dagenais has played well so far.

Boutmania 12-07-2003 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Maybe i'm in the minority here, but i wouldn't be so quick to drop Sundstrom. Juneau, Audette, Quintal and Perreault on the other hand...

So do I! Sundstrom had a so-so start of year. He didn't play abd but he justs didn't play as well as expeted by most of the fans. Right now he's doing a fine job and I'll take him over Dackell anytime.

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 08:24 AM

Quote:

Juneau, I'm sorry to say that, but his way past his prime... He's not able to follow the rythme this year on the ice. How many times have you seen the 3rd line scores this year except that lucky OT goal vs Boston?? If you're not able to score, at least stop the other team scoring against you.. and Juneau doesn't seem to be able anymore. Begin is an improvment over Juneau for sure IMO. I would keep Perreault if he continues to play the way he is playing since he has been benched few games ago... He's giving his 110% now and I like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Perreault - Juneau - Ward

Not that I like Audette, but he's not going anywhere soon unfortunately. Dagenais has played well so far.

and Medicine Twin.. I don't really like your 4th line ...It's not a 4th line at all!! No weights on that line!

Medicine Twin 12-07-2003 08:31 AM

Quote:

and Medicine Twin.. I don't really like your 4th line ...It's not a 4th line at all!! No weights on that line!

I know, but I'm looking for the best way to keep our skilled players in the line-up. Something has to be done with Audette... AHL? Your 4th line is okay but I'd put Juneau in ahead of Kilger.

Habs4Life 12-07-2003 08:32 AM

Why not give Ward a second chance on the second line!!!!!!!!!!

If Pierre is going to play on the second line why not give Ward a chance who has better overall talent then he does??????

To me this doesn't make sense!

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 08:33 AM

Quote:

I know, but I'm looking for the best way to keep our skilled players in the line-up. Something has to be done with Audette... AHL? Your 4th line is okay but I'd put Juneau in ahead of Kilger.

Did you just said "skilled" and "Juneau" ?? :joker: :D
Seriously I'd rather even have Kilger on the 4th than Juneau. Well I'd take anyone rather than Juneau this year... Last year he was OK and the year before even better but this year it's just awful.. Have you noticed the team seems way better without him? I'm sure he's a real pain in the ass for some players in the locker room.. Wasn't he the "rat" of the playoffs few years ago.. I think yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Why not give Ward a second chance on the second line!!!!!!!!!!

If Pierre is going to play on the second line why not give Ward a chance who has better overall talent then he does??????

To me this doesn't make sense!

I totally agree with this!! Like I said in the first post of this thread :)

Claude4Eva 12-07-2003 08:38 AM

The Habs need to get rid of Juneau, I don't like him. Kilger has much more potential imo.

I like Audette, but his time has come to go bye-bye now!!!

KILLger 12-07-2003 08:46 AM

Quote:

Juneau is serviceable, but not worth the $2,025,000.00 he's earning.

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 08:49 AM

I'd make Higgins play before Juneau without hesitating.

eddy 12-07-2003 08:58 AM

When those 3 get back i'd like to see Ward put back into the lineup and Audette and Juneau out, put on waivers, traded(if possible) or something. There old and expencive, time to say goodbye.
Like to see the lines look somthing like this:

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribiero-Perreault (maybe they could do somthing where perreault takes the draw and then they switch positions after that, can't waste his ability to take draws)
Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

BigM1ke 12-07-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy
When those 3 get back i'd like to see Ward put back into the lineup and Audette and Juneau out, put on waivers, traded(if possible) or something. There old and expencive, time to say goodbye.
Like to see the lines look somthing like this:

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribiero-Perreault (maybe they could do somthing where perreault takes the draw and then they switch positions after that, can't waste his ability to take draws)
Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Another great thinker like me hehe :)

Medicine Twin 12-07-2003 09:39 AM

I know I'm not alone on this one... Juneau's played well this year. No, he's not what he once was but he plays a smart defensive game works harder out there than most of our forwards. He's here whether you like it or not. Who's gonna take him off our hands?

Kilger's been invisible night-in, night-out. He doesn't show any effort or grit.

Madevilz 12-07-2003 09:43 AM

Well let see... If Dagenais doesn't play better in the next few weeks than he did last night, he will be sent down, and Audette will most likely take his place. As for Juneau, unless Begin really goes into a slump, will be the 4th line center, or simply scratched. As for Ward, I guess he will compte with Kilger and Langdon to get a spot.

When everybody comes back, I think the lines will look like this:

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Perreault-Ribeiro-Audette (yes, I dont like it either)
Sunny-Bégin-Dackell
Kilger/Ward/Langon-Juneau

Munchausen 12-07-2003 12:37 PM

Quote:

So that makes this as our lineup :

Zednick-Koivu-Ryder
Bulis-Ribeiro-Perreault
Sundstrom-Begin-Dackell
Langdon-Kilger-Ward

Meh... Just to nitpick a little, I'll say that I always thought Bulis was an excellent checker and since our game is defensive oriented, better put our best defensive players on the 3rd line as they always play against the other team's big line.

In that context, I'd like to see:

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
(no brainer, best offensive line since 5 years)

Perreault - Ribeiro - Sundstrom/Audette/Dagenais
(at this point I'd rather see Perreault play on the wing there until he's traded and let Audette, Dagenais and Sundstrom battle for the remaining spot)

Bulis - Begin - Ward
(is there a better checking line possible?)

Langdon/Kilger - Juneau - Dackell
(checking line #1b, with Kilger and Langdon alterning on the LW depending on who we face. Juneau and Dackell have great chemistry).

One way or another, we'll have one player too many when everybody's healthy again, and we'll HAVE to put someone on waivers unless there's a trade before that critical point, because we'll have one forward too many and none of them can be sent down without clearing waivers. My guess would be that it will either be Dagenais, Audette or Kilger.

EquabaleAce 12-07-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

i would hang on to sundstrom as well. he skates pretty good and taking 5 young guys on the team right away could hurt them

it would be nice if gainey could get him to shoot the puck because he can score, he just hasn't done it in like 5 years

BLONG7 12-07-2003 02:38 PM

Joe Juneau is toast!!!! Bad back, doesn't practice with the team and has been replaced with a guy who makes 1.6 mil less.

Capitano 12-07-2003 04:47 PM

Unfortunately we're stuck with guys like Juneau and Audette for as long as their contract runs. Yes, Juneau is alright (personally I don't like him) but he's an alright checker, BUT he's making way too much for what he provides. That aside, I think Begin does way more out there and actually hits people on every single shift.

Audette is the guy that doesn't fit with us...I'm really not sure what BG will do with him when he's ready to come back. Ryder is really really impressing me and he's not one-dimensional...he hits, he wins battles along the boards.

Another guy that should be in the lineup is Ward...Dackell or Sundstrom will have to sit in favour of him I guess.

Cap

habsfan19 12-07-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Meh... Just to nitpick a little, I'll say that I always thought Bulis was an excellent checker and since our game is defensive oriented, better put our best defensive players on the 3rd line as they always play against the other team's big line.

In that context, I'd like to see:

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
(no brainer, best offensive line since 5 years)

Perreault - Ribeiro - Sundstrom/Audette/Dagenais
(at this point I'd rather see Perreault play on the wing there until he's traded and let Audette, Dagenais and Sundstrom battle for the remaining spot)

Bulis - Begin - Ward
(is there a better checking line possible?)

Langdon/Kilger - Juneau - Dackell
(checking line #1b, with Kilger and Langdon alterning on the LW depending on who we face. Juneau and Dackell have great chemistry).

One way or another, we'll have one player too many when everybody's healthy again, and we'll HAVE to put someone on waivers unless there's a trade before that critical point, because we'll have one forward too many and none of them can be sent down without clearing waivers. My guess would be that it will either be Dagenais, Audette or Kilger.

no one would pick up Audette ( i dont think anyways)
Kilger maybe, but as far as I'm concerned, no team wants those players

Munchausen 12-07-2003 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan19
no one would pick up Audette ( i dont think anyways)
Kilger maybe, but as far as I'm concerned, no team wants those players

I didn't say (or think) they were going to be picked up, just put on waivers, in order to play in the AHL (until they're bought out maybe). Dagenais could still help the team in Hamilton though and he only has a one year contract (which is a 2-way).

Istvan 12-07-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

I think Sundstrom and Dackell are solid forwards and they looked good with Begin @ center.

Darz 12-08-2003 04:22 AM

When Audette, Juneau and Ward come back

Audette = Hamilton 'permanent conditioning stint'

Juneau = in lineup. Kilger can go back to his press box stool. Anybody who thinks Kilger has outperformed Juneau this year is sniffing some really strong glue.

Ward = should be in the lineup as well.

The one thing we are forgetting, is there is a good chance when all three come back, there will be others who are injuried. If not there will be some sort of rotation thing going on.