HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official GDT February 6: NY Rangers at New Jersey Devils, 7:30p MSG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=341192)

hpNYR 02-06-2007 12:04 AM

Official GDT February 6: NY Rangers at New Jersey Devils, 7:30p MSG

Short and sweet. I want Avery out there head hunting. Nough said.:eek:
Let's win...for a change? Play good hockey? It's really getting sickening. I think Avery has alot to prove for me to forget this trade..considering Marek and Cliche where involved.

matteau..mattaeu!

Cartman27 02-06-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 7932608)
Short and sweet. I want Avery out there head hunting. Nough said.:eek:
Let's win...for a change? Play good hockey? It's really getting sickening. I think Avery has alot to prove for me to forget this trade..considering Marek and Cliche where involved.

matteau..mattaeu!

:biglaugh:

Devils win easily

DevFan-RU- 02-06-2007 12:12 AM

Super early GDT...

Anyone know where Avery will be? Linewise?

I Am Chariot 02-06-2007 12:14 AM

Not sure what to say...

let the Avery era begin?

I Am Chariot 02-06-2007 12:15 AM

Speculation is he will have a shot at the GAPING HOLE IN THE 2ND LINE CENTER position

Balej20* 02-06-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- (Post 7932664)
Super early GDT...

Anyone know where Avery will be? Linewise?

I could see Renney putting him on the 2nd line...unless he thought the Prucha-Cullen-Shanny line looked OK last night. If that's the case, than he'll be on the third line with Hossa and Ortmeyer.

I Am Chariot 02-06-2007 12:15 AM

Nice Avatar

DevFan-RU- 02-06-2007 12:19 AM

Rumour on our boards is that Janssen has been brought up for this game.

As for who is sitting (Rupp or Rassy) is unknown.

n8 02-06-2007 12:29 AM

jumping the gun? come back tomorrow and do right by the GDT. This is more like another Avery thread than anything else.

anyways, someone always posts this link in the GDT so I suppose that someone will be me. No line combos yet but Sam does point out Avery has been playing (L) wing most of this season. Should we expect Avery-Cullen-Shanahan? That would leave us with Prucha-Krog-Ortmeyer & Hossa-Betts-Hall/Hollweg (out of position?). I bet Hollweg gets the call against NJ though.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Inferno 02-06-2007 01:03 AM

my guess is cullen and prucha go back with orts, and avery and hossa join shanahan.

just my guess.

hpNYR 02-06-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 7932787)
jumping the gun? come back tomorrow and do right by the GDT. This is more like another Avery thread than anything else.

anyways, someone always posts this link in the GDT so I suppose that someone will be me. No line combos yet but Sam does point out Avery has been playing (L) wing most of this season. Should we expect Avery-Cullen-Shanahan? That would leave us with Prucha-Krog-Ortmeyer & Hossa-Betts-Hall/Hollweg (out of position?). I bet Hollweg gets the call against NJ though.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Why waste energy making QUALITY game threads on this team? Like I said..short and sweet. When they start producing for us, then we'll see some quality game threads going up, not during this losing streak.

hpNYR 02-06-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 7932977)
my guess is cullen and prucha go back with orts, and avery and hossa join shanahan.

just my guess.

Sounds like an AWESOME guess. This is what I would do though:

Prucha-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Hossa-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Hall

LeftCoastRangersFan 02-06-2007 02:09 AM

I'll be at work (as usual). Anyway, unless Marty & Co lay an egg, no way we win this. Win or lose, just show me 60 minutes of hockey. That's all I ask.

Must

stop

the

bleeding..............

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-06-2007 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 7933036)
Sounds like an AWESOME guess. This is what I would do though:

Prucha-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Hossa-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Hall

id dress Orr instead of Hall. Hall dont even fight. He fought Shanny and that was it.

Geogaddi 02-06-2007 03:09 AM

Im guessing Weekes will be in net. Man after what we just pulled tonight...ANY points will be accepted. ATLEAST push it to OT.

C'mon Rangers...

GarretJoseph* 02-06-2007 08:29 AM

I'd hate to be Pandolfo tonight. Avery will be looking to make some heads turn in this first Ranger game.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-06-2007 08:32 AM

I come right back with Lundqvist.

Theoren Fan 02-06-2007 08:36 AM

After a night's sleep, I'm going to go contrary to what I said last night about sitting Lundqvist. I don't think you can afford to throw out Kevin Weekes, let alone an ice cold Kevin Weekes, in a must win situation against the Devils.

I'm also though in 100% complete favor of doing away with the Straka-Nylander-Jagr line. It's time for drastic measures. Put Prucha with Jagr and Straka, and Avery with Shanny and Nylander, and hope for the best.

HockeyBasedNYC 02-06-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 (Post 7933023)
Why waste energy making QUALITY game threads on this team? Like I said..short and sweet. When they start producing for us, then we'll see some quality game threads going up, not during this losing streak.

I happen to agree, which is why you havent seen a thread from me since the last time the Rangers played the Devils on 1/16.

The Rangers will really have to impress the hell out of me, for me to waste an hour doing one of my GDTs. I dont expect it.

In The Flesh 02-06-2007 08:56 AM

I hope Lundy is in net. yes we're not making the playoffs, and we suck major, but I think we win tonight, I predicted we lose yesterday and lost, now today I think will kill our arch rivals, Lundy has a great game.

Hollweg murders Janseen(if he's in) in a fight.

towely 02-06-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoren Fan (Post 7934369)
After a night's sleep, I'm going to go contrary to what I said last night about sitting Lundqvist. I don't think you can afford to throw out Kevin Weekes, let alone an ice cold Kevin Weekes, in a must win situation against the Devils.

I'm also though in 100% complete favor of doing away with the Straka-Nylander-Jagr line. It's time for drastic measures. Put Prucha with Jagr and Straka, and Avery with Shanny and Nylander, and hope for the best.

i am all for that i been saying that for a while now you cant have all your offense on one line as well as that line needs someone that can help them return some favors to other teams for hanging on jags.
i think if every team put their best players on one line every team in the league would have one scoring line.

GarretJoseph* 02-06-2007 09:09 AM

Avery with 2 knock outs & a hat trick! :yo:

trench23 02-06-2007 09:24 AM

i have not been excited to see the rangers play in some time-- always too nervous, but this game has me going.. the one thing we always complain about is that there is no 'consistant' 60 minutes.. everytime the team starts to slow down, we can throw either hollweg or avery out there to get some life into our team. i can not wait to see what avery can do-- i have high hopes.

lets go boys, nice suprise with a win in regulation would be sweet, and hopefully get some confidence back in our team.

i think avery will be on the second line, moving prucha to the third (i would rather it be cullen, but you know renney... )

Finest 02-06-2007 09:28 AM

All i'm asking for is a win, thats all it doesnt need to be pretty just go out there work for the entire 60 mins and get the win. This team has th ability to play well and score goals, it has just forgot how to win. There is no better team to find your winning stride again than the Devils or possibly the Islanders. Last nights game should have been in the bag, a few mistakes and misque's cost them the game. They need to suck it up and get some pucks behind Marty and take the 2 points!!!!

GarretJoseph* 02-06-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench23 (Post 7934702)
i have not been excited to see the rangers play in some time-- always too nervous, but this game has me going.. the one thing we always complain about is that there is no 'consistant' 60 minutes.. everytime the team starts to slow down, we can throw either hollweg or avery out there to get some life into our team. i can not wait to see what avery can do-- i have high hopes.

lets go boys, nice suprise with a win in regulation would be sweet, and hopefully get some confidence back in our team.

i think avery will be on the second line, moving prucha to the third (i would rather it be cullen, but you know renney... )

Yeah, I always get excited when a trade goes down & I get to watch him for the first time. Even more so when its an "impact" player as the media seem to be calling him.