HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cant Take It Anymore From Ryder (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=341328)

seb911 02-06-2007 11:34 AM

Cant Take It Anymore From Ryder
 
man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

Freaky Habs Fan 02-06-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seb911 (Post 7936274)
man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....


I understand you...I'm feeling like that since his second season...

The good thing is that he do have a good trade value...it's not like Samsonov. I bet you that Gainey will move him pretty soon.

GaineysRightHandMan 02-06-2007 11:47 AM

Ryder is going to go on a scoring streak starting tonight. All you fickle fans will eat your words. And apparently most Habs fans are anti-Ryder right now.

Rockomax 02-06-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seb911 (Post 7936274)
man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

I agree that Ryder isn't the player we would like him to be, that being said, he's a way better skater than he was last season, he's also more physical. He has improved some parts of his play, but because of those improvements, I believe that he thinks he's better than he really is and that is why he tries to deke players and he doesn't pass...But he's not as bad as you guys say because in order for him to produce,it's no secret, he needs a good center and lately saku hasn't been the same center as he was in december. And lately, on the first line (higgins-Koivu-Ryder), Ryder was the best player on the line (just to show you how the line sucked)

RE-HABS 02-06-2007 12:11 PM

With so much hate for Ryder I don't understand why the Mods don't make a lone Ryder Thread...for all the crying Hab fans that see him as the reason we are losing, not the other 22 on the team too!

Blind, one word that describes you all.

Rise from the Ashes 02-06-2007 12:11 PM

Ryder really is just feeding off of Koivu.

RE-HABS 02-06-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montreal Russians (Post 7936993)
Ryder really is just feeding off of Koivu.

Exactly, the whole line of Higgins, Koivu and Ryder have been ice cold and out of all three I think Ryder has produced more in the last 6 games which tells you fans here are singling the wrong person out...too many fans here always need a whipping boy.

If it wasn't Audette it was Ribs, if it wasn't Ribs it was Rivet, if it wasn't Rivet it was Ryder and so on and so on....how far back in time could we trace this???

Now that is a thread to start:

"Who was the Habs Whipping Boy from the Fans every season???"

CHareth 02-06-2007 12:19 PM

I realize the guy's production has gone down this year, but honestly, what has he done to be treated so shabbily? He has about as many goals as snipers such as Naslund, Nash, and Cheechoo.

Broken record again.

RE-HABS 02-06-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet (Post 7937127)
I realize the guy's production has gone down this year, but honestly, what has he done to be treated so shabbily? He has about as many goals as snipers such as Naslund, Nash, and Cheechoo.

Broken record again.

Thank god for reasonable fans like youself to show some others here the light.:bow:

Ryder is not the problem and he is a less $'s problem than the one's you listed above, hopefully others will see your point.

Drive425 02-06-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seb911 (Post 7936274)
man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

man...:biglaugh:

habsfan44 02-06-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 7936960)
With so much hate for Ryder I don't understand why the Mods don't make a lone Ryder Thread...for all the crying Hab fans that see him as the reason we are losing, not the other 22 on the team too!

Blind, one word that describes you all.

well i could think of a few other words to describe them but whats the point ? some people will always need a whipping boy and right now ryder fits the bill for them . but on the bright side , according to them he has trade value even if he is useless , so if it makes sense to them then it must be true . :dunno:

A1 02-06-2007 12:55 PM

I think the whole reason the first line went to hell is Ryder and Higgins both got too goal-hungry and one dimensional.

dodecapod* 02-06-2007 12:59 PM

Ryder's always been the way he is. He's invisible without the puck and just wants to get the shot off.

habsfan44 02-06-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seb911 (Post 7936274)
man,

im feed up with ryder like i was with ribeiro, this guy is horrible:

-cant skate, cant pass, can only shoot, he always shoots, MAN, can he pass, tries to deek everyone, man I LIKE MARK STREIT and he belongs to first line more than ryder does.....

:boredom: yawn :boredom: yawn !!!

RE-HABS 02-06-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1 (Post 7937672)
I think the whole reason the first line went to hell is Ryder and Higgins both got too goal-hungry and one dimensional.

So Saku has no fault in this? Koivu didn't look that great with Johnson and Streit the other game, I saw more out of Ryder in 9 minutes played (still managed to get the most shots on net with low ended linemates and limited playing time) and Higgins with the 3rd line of Bonk and Murray.

Maybe some finger pointing should be directed at the captain, he isn't playing well either.

J-D 02-06-2007 01:37 PM

Exactly. Although Ryder and especially Higgins seem to be less hungry than at season's start, Koivu is playing like **** and dragged the 1st line down for many games during january.

JMMR 02-06-2007 01:43 PM

Ryder has been what I expect of him. Sometimes I wish he would not carry the puck as much but the entire first line has been pretty terrible latley. Koivu and Higgins have been worse than Ryder of late for sure.

Rockomax 02-06-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7938366)
Ryder has been what I expect of him. Sometimes I wish he would not carry the puck as much but the entire first line has been pretty terrible latley. Koivu and Higgins have been worse than Ryder of late for sure.

Exactly what I think.

ppil 02-06-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet (Post 7937127)
I realize the guy's production has gone down this year, but honestly, what has he done to be treated so shabbily? He has about as many goals as snipers such as Naslund, Nash, and Cheechoo.

Broken record again.

It's not about production (maybe a bit) it's the brain cramp plays that he does that drive people crazy. I think he just took too much confidence in himself and now he tries to shoot and deek at will... I don't care that the guy doesn't score a goal in 10 games, but when he looses the puck on the power play because he tried to deek a guy instead of passing the puck, I just can't take it, I mean we all know that he isn't on the power to control the puck, he's only there to shoot...

guest1467 02-06-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppil (Post 7939557)
It's not about production (maybe a bit) it's the brain cramp plays that he does that drive people crazy. I think he just took too much confidence in himself and now he tries to shoot and deek at will... I don't care that the guy doesn't score a goal in 10 games, but when he looses the puck on the power play because he tried to deek a guy instead of passing the puck, I just can't take it, I mean we all know that he isn't on the power to control the puck, he's only there to shoot...

I agree, just watch the guy play its so fustrating. Hes just such a one dimensional player. He makes other team mates on the ice look worse.

sheed36 02-06-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan (Post 7936493)
Ryder is going to go on a scoring streak starting tonight. All you fickle fans will eat your words. And apparently most Habs fans are anti-Ryder right now.

With the way he as played for the most part this season it is easy for Hab fans to be anti-Ryder.If Koivu can get back on track both Ryder and Higgins will start scoring again.Higgins as zero points in his last 9 games according to some guy on "The Score" today so he really needs to step it up.I get fit up with Ryder some games too but he is hardly the only one to blame.His 2 linemates Koivu and Higgins aren't playing well either.I feel it would be a mistake to trade Ryder right now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.