HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dan Girardi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=341524)

blueliner94 02-06-2007 09:00 PM

Dan Girardi

He has been very soild. Very happy he was called up. Any thoughts on his play?

FLYLine24 02-06-2007 09:02 PM

No complaints here. Been solid for the limited ice time hes been given.

nyr2k2 02-06-2007 09:06 PM

Seems like a solid bottom-pairing defenseman.

Balej20* 02-06-2007 09:15 PM

Looks good to me...his offense seems to be coming too.

shoothepuck 02-06-2007 09:20 PM

Looks ok, would like to see him try and clear the crease a bit more.

in the hall 02-06-2007 09:28 PM

i haven't noticed anything bad

i saw a post on him earlier saying he looks like a 7th dman and entirely overwhelmed :dunno:

Dagoon44 02-06-2007 09:38 PM

Has been nothing but solid and if anyone says other wise they are just picking on the kid. The future looks very bright with the kids playing back there. And it Ivan can become Ivan the terrible and keeping his development and get a nastier side it will be real bright

blueliner94 02-06-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 7945654)
Has been nothing but solid and if anyone says other wise they are just picking on the kid. The future looks very bright with the kids playing back there. And it Ivan can become Ivan the terrible and keeping his development and get a nastier side it will be real bright

I agree. Every game he plays in he looks better. He does not look like he is lost in the nhl very poised

UAGoalieGuy 02-06-2007 09:56 PM

I'm looking forward to a future 3rd pairing of Baranka and Girardi. All in all i'm looking forward to the entire future Rangers backline.

SML 02-06-2007 10:33 PM

He's been a very nice surprise. To me, he's like a Doug Lidster type, except I don't think he'll have the offensive flair Lidster did in his early days in Vancouver, More like Lidster from our cup team. Just solid, never flashy. Makes good outlets, and alot of safe plays. He's been exactly what you'd want in a 6th dman. You don't want to notice him that much. I don't see any reason to take him out of the lineup, he's done nothing to cost this team when he's been out there.

The Big Apple 02-06-2007 10:54 PM

He went from a defensemen for the Charlotte Checkers to a defensemen for the Rangers in about two years.... Not bad..... He will get better too.....

MisterUnspoken 02-06-2007 10:55 PM

You have to be amazed with both Pock and Girardi really. Neither has made many glaring mistakes and while I'm sure they will from time to time I'd take them when taking their play vs salary into account vs most of our overpaid defensemen.

Inferno 02-06-2007 10:57 PM

I agreed with Larry in that his past few games he didnt impress me at all, however tonight he played a VERY good game. i was very happy with what i saw tonight.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-06-2007 11:15 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>malik

n8 02-06-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue (Post 7948840)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>malik

candle stick without a wick >>> Malik

Larry Melnyk 02-06-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 7948375)
I agreed with Larry in that his past few games he didnt impress me at all, however tonight he played a VERY good game. i was very happy with what i saw tonight.

Missed the game tonight...Glad to hear he looked very good becasue I really do like him (and had always labeled him as Hartford's best D-man), just thought he had trouble keeping up with the game the past few...Hope he jut keeps improving

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-06-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue (Post 7948840)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>malik

once this clown comes back , hartford it is for Malik hopefully. :dunno: If Sather can waive Kasper, why not Malik. He is slower and overpaid, Whenever he is out, our d are seems alot quicker. Girardi is a better skater than Malik and a better passer. But we all know Girardi will get sent back to Hartford or scratched.

Inferno 02-06-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk (Post 7949271)
Missed the game tonight...Glad to hear he looked very good becasue I really do like him (and had always labeled him as Hartford's best D-man), just thought he had trouble keeping up with the game the past few...Hope he jut keeps improving

i felt the same way (about his past few games) he looked very much under control in this one.

BigE 02-06-2007 11:57 PM

I'd rather put up with Girardi's mistakes than Ozolinsh or Kaspar's.

He's learning, and he's adapting. Inconsistency is part of any young defenseman's game and Girardi is no different.

It's encouraging that he played against NJ's top line tonight and managed to come out unscathed. Kudos to the kid (both kids...Fedor too). ;)

Inferno 02-06-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigE (Post 7949826)
I'd rather put up with Girardi's mistakes than Ozolinsh or Kaspar's.

He's learning, and he's adapting. Inconsistency is part of any young defenseman's game and Girardi is no different.

It's encouraging that he played against NJ's top line tonight and managed to come out unscathed. Kudos to the kid (both kids...Fedor too). ;)

no arguments there, id rather have a kid fail and learn from his mistakes, then watch a vet fail, and fail, and fail, and fail, and...need i go on?

but ill also call a spade a spade, i didnt like what i saw from him the previous few games. he looked easily rattled, and bumbled the pucks quite a few times. he didnt look like he could take a hit and make a good play, and his outlet passes were all wrong.

not tonight though, he was very very very good.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-07-2007 12:13 AM

BTW larry told me on Monday Kasper was going to NYI...any rumor that thats true?

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-07-2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue (Post 7950205)
BTW larry told me on Monday Kasper was going to NYI...any rumor that thats true?

I doubt that.

Rise from the Ashes 02-07-2007 12:39 AM

Never heard of this guy, is he similar to JP Cote on the habs as in shut down limited defenceman with size and all around solidness?

Rise from the Ashes 02-07-2007 12:42 AM

hmm perhaps maybe not a shutdown, he has 39 points, quite impressive, especially for basically a walk on.

Ola 02-07-2007 01:58 AM

I have liked Girardi so far, think he have played well.

In the end for a D, so much of it is to play well in the bigger picture. A defensemen makes like 40-60 plays in a hockeygame, it doesn't matter if 10 of them are great and stands out, if the other 30-50 are so-so. A defensemen often got like 3 open players to pass too when he gets the puck, but very seldom more then one that is so open that he can take the puck and do something with it. Most of the time, making thoose plays, finding the player thats open, aren't hard, they are pretty easy, but the hard thing is to take the right decision shift after shift, game in and game out. Lidström is on his way to becomming a legend just making the right decisions on simple plays.

I think Malik are threated with a little injustice in this aspect. In the big picture (with the puck) he plays well, takes the rigth decisions, acknowledge situations were he can't make a easy play and trys to solve it. He often plays pretty well there. But he also completly fails to execute like 1-2 times per game. But when you look at it closely, the results of having a D who always takes so-so decisions (like Pöck have done at times), will end up costing his team the puck 10-15 times after the player he have passed to have been checked right away.

So far Girardi is just feeling his way. I think its great that Renney is easing him in, it gives him time to adjust before he is really challenged.

When his ice time goes up there will be more situations were he is forced to go back and get the puck under pressure and stuff like that. But I do think that he is atleast looking promising.