HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you think A.Kostitsyn deserves to be a regular? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=341626)

Habsfan18 02-06-2007 11:26 PM

Do you think A.Kostitsyn deserves to be a regular?
 
I think he atleast deserves a chance.

And I don't mean 3 or 4 games.

I say let him finish the season with the Habs. He can replace Sammy.

I think all this guy needs is a fair shot. He has been very impressive imo when re-called. You can definately see that the potential is there.

Put him on one of the top 3 lines and see what he can do.

I think he can score some goals for us. I mean, we're struggling offensively..why not re-call a guy who can put the puck in the net?

Mackee 02-06-2007 11:27 PM

He'd definitely need top six minutes. But I think he deserves a shot.

ToysInTheAttic 02-06-2007 11:29 PM

Don't bother, Kost was in Carbos doghouse long before Perez and Sammy. That is why he wasn't brought up already.

Rise from the Ashes 02-06-2007 11:31 PM

It may be his shot, but Perezhogin must be thrusted into that role first so we can see if he can actually do it. I think Perezhogin should be back with Koivu and Kovalev.

The Supersonik Fan 02-06-2007 11:41 PM

I thought as well that AK was impressive when he was recalled.

But on the other hand, I think this wouldn't be fair for Perezhogin if we didn't give him another chance on the top 3 lines. In that optic, it would be useless to recall AK to give him 4th line icetime.

I don't know about you, but I think Streit should get back to the 4th line. He was making our checking line look awesome. I also think that he can do a way better job than Rivet on the powerplay.

Why not AK with Bonk & Johson, and Perez on the top line ? If it doesn't work out we switch them.

In your opinion, does Ryder DESERVE to be on that top line ?

coolguy21415 02-07-2007 01:44 AM

Putting Kostitsyn in the top 6 would mean moving Latendresse out. I'm not against this, but it doesn't seem like it's likely to happen, unless Latendresse plays on the Bonk-Johnson line.

Then again, with the way the lines are now, who the hell knows?

ECWHSWI 02-07-2007 03:30 AM

Why, so Carbs can mess him up like he's doing with Perezhogin ?

No thanks.

fufonzo 02-07-2007 05:55 AM

I think Carbonneau has something against russians :sarcasm:


But seriously, the guy is ruining all our talent.

JMMR 02-07-2007 05:57 AM

Perezhogin should get the chance on one of the top two lines + Power PLay time first.

WeThreeKings 02-07-2007 05:57 AM

We certainly need a coach who lets the players play their game and not force them into his flawed defensive system that does more harm than good.

Freaky Habs Fan 02-07-2007 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7951886)
Putting Kostitsyn in the top 6 would mean moving Latendresse out. I'm not against this, but it doesn't seem like it's likely to happen, unless Latendresse plays on the Bonk-Johnson line.

Then again, with the way the lines are now, who the hell knows?

Why would we have to move Latendresse? Our top line as Streit and Johnson as winger...not really what we can call first line winger...

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Streit

That's if Samsonov is done as a Habs

Fish on The Sand 02-07-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 7952702)
Why would we have to move Latendresse? Our top line as Streit and Johnson as winger...not really what we can call first line winger...

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Ryder-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Lapierre-Streit

That's if Samsonov is done as a Habs

Streit isn't even a forward..........

Strong and Free 02-07-2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 7952711)
Streit isn't even a forward..........

Have you watched any recent games?? He's been playing great at forward and may have found his NHL calling. I don't hate him as a d-man, but I really like him as a winger who can move to the point on the PP and not cost us defensively.

As for A. Kost, I think my avatar gives it away that I am a big fan and would love to see him given a shot. However, if Gainey is able to rope in a natural scorer before the deadline, I'd be happy to wait until next year for Kosty.

Habitants 02-07-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 7952374)
Perezhogin should get the chance on one of the top two lines + Power PLay time first.

yes that is what i think, but it may already be too late for him, as carbo does not seem to like him.

it is too bad because he never got much of a chance in top 6, and i would relly like to see him play up to his potential.

carbo needs to change the lines for next game because there is no way we can win many games by scoring only 1 damn goal! need some OFFENSE!

i want to seem Perz koivu Kovalev line again

lets face it, koivu need to get going otherwise this team is not going anywhere...

Calamari 02-07-2007 09:51 AM

don't bother.. Carbo is clueless. skilled players = Not what he want on his team
he'll probably trade for Rory fritz and convert him to a 1st line winger

Whitesnake 02-07-2007 09:56 AM

The message sent is just bad in my opinion. Kostitsyn was asked to start working harder and produce more, he does all of that, we have trouble scoring but then guys like Downey and Murray are there and not him. He's no saviour, but at least a bigger offensive thread than those guys.

Carbo's obsession with work overshadows the need of pure talent on this team.

pc_md 02-07-2007 10:05 AM

Before bringing him up, I'd like to know what he can do without Grabovski (who's injured) and Milroy (who's been producing on a regular basis)...

eddy 02-07-2007 10:37 AM

I'd say defiently, this team is in a slump and unless we get a shake-up soon via trade we need a change. Kost is playing very well in the AHL leading the team in +/- he's proved he can play the defensive game now don't see how we can have a potential top 6 player in the minors and have Garth and Downey as regulars. Of course Kost wouldn't be playing those roles he'd need top 6 minuets but it's not as if our top 2 scoring lines are spoken for whatso ever, theres definetly room.

Habs10Habs 02-07-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 7950441)
I think he atleast deserves a chance.

And I don't mean 3 or 4 games.

I say let him finish the season with the Habs. He can replace Sammy.

I think all this guy needs is a fair shot. He has been very impressive imo when re-called. You can definately see that the potential is there.

Put him on one of the top 3 lines and see what he can do.

I think he can score some goals for us. I mean, we're struggling offensively..why not re-call a guy who can put the puck in the net?

I agree he should be called up, but only if he's going to play on one of our top 2 lines. Let Perez have the first chance to replace Sammy and let Kosty, finish the year in Hamilton, unless we run into injury problems.

WeThreeKings 02-07-2007 01:55 PM

Like I said.. Murray, Downey, Samsonov and Begin out..

Perezhogin, Kostitsyn in..

Sports1131 02-07-2007 01:58 PM

Kostitsyn should definitely be on this team, but it just doesn't make sense to call him up if he's only going to play on the fourth line or watch from the stands.

Perezhogin deserves a chance first, but if I were coach they'd both be in the lineup.

JordanStaal#1Fan 02-07-2007 01:59 PM

No he doesn't. He sucked when they gave him a chance. Cool, is dominating the AHL, but Carbo sent him down because he thought he was lazy. We guys want another lazy player on our team? Gimme a break!

AH 02-07-2007 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports1131 (Post 7957256)

Perezhogin deserves a chance first, but if I were coach they'd both be in the lineup.

Perezhogin takes way too many dumb penalties. A sign of laziness or a guy who just doesn't pay attention.

kostitsyn1489 02-07-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan (Post 7957271)
No he doesn't. He sucked when they gave him a chance. Cool, is dominating the AHL, but Carbo sent him down because he thought he was lazy. We guys want another lazy player on our team? Gimme a break!

He did great during his 2nd call-up last year. Fine he didnt do anything offensively this year but god he was playing with a RW at Center position and a guy who just get waived. Cant ask him to pull an hat trick every night with these guys...

buddahsmoka1 02-07-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 7952711)
Streit isn't even a forward..........

Yeah, but he plays better than most of our real forwards!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.