HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Who is this guy??????? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34184)

FLAMESFAN 12-07-2003 05:30 PM

Who is this guy???????

Donovan just potted his first hattrick.
This guy just keeps on going with this increadable streak.
What's he got - 9 goals in the last 6?

Big Deaner 12-07-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Donovan just potted his first hattrick.
This guy just keeps on going with this increadable streak.
What's he got - 9 goals in the last 6?

WOW! This guys isn't slowing down, he finally grew some nice hands to go with his wheels.

Flamin' Griz 12-07-2003 06:10 PM

For the record, it's his second hat trick.

Something different on his goals tonight....2 of them were easy as pie because they were set up by gorgeous passes from McAmmond and Gelinas.

Donovan's scored just about every way I can think of during this streak...\PP, Even strength, Short handed, penalty shot, transition, tap in, backhander, garbage goal....
:handclap:

kruezer 12-07-2003 07:46 PM

That does rock, he really has picked up the scoring end of things. Good to see they beat Pitt, I was a little worried they would let them in the game and not put them away after the Kraft goal, but they came right back and had'em down 3-1 by 7:30 gone in the first period. BTW Kiprusoff is now 19th in Flame all-time goalie wins with 6, which has him passing the 5 of Tyler Moss and Grant Fuhr.

ForeignFlame 12-08-2003 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
BTW Kiprusoff is now 19th in Flame all-time goalie wins with 6, which has him passing the 5 of Tyler Moss and Grant Fuhr.

Watch out Verny, here comes Miikka, the man they call "Kipper", with the lightning glove and the white mask! :p

FLAMESFAN 12-08-2003 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
For the record, it's his second hat trick.

Something different on his goals tonight....2 of them were easy as pie because they were set up by gorgeous passes from McAmmond and Gelinas.

Donovan's scored just about every way I can think of during this streak...\PP, Even strength, Short handed, penalty shot, transition, tap in, backhander, garbage goal....
:handclap:

When has he had another trick?
Everyone's reporting that it was his first :dunno:

Either way, I'm just glad he's able to contribute. I wonder how much longer he can keep it up? It is probably realistic to expect 20 from him now (11 already). Who would have thought of that at the begining of the year? :yo:

FLAMESFAN 12-08-2003 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
That does rock, he really has picked up the scoring end of things. Good to see they beat Pitt, I was a little worried they would let them in the game and not put them away after the Kraft goal, but they came right back and had'em down 3-1 by 7:30 gone in the first period. BTW Kiprusoff is now 19th in Flame all-time goalie wins with 6, which has him passing the 5 of Tyler Moss and Grant Fuhr.

I think Turek is gonna be in it tough to try and reclaim his spot. Hopefully that will push both of them to be really sharp.
On a side note, Kipper's first Flame shut out is close, I can feel it!

FLAMESFAN 12-08-2003 11:42 AM

Just noticed that both players we are talking about here (Donovan, Kipper) won players of the week.
When's the last time we've swept those awards?
Good job boys :handclap: :yo:

Flames Draft Watcher 12-08-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

When has he had another trick?

Apparently in Atlanta in a 6-4 game against Detroit. That's what I've heard.

Badger Bob 12-08-2003 01:22 PM

Check out what some of the Pens' fans had to say about Shean Donavan:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=34065

Hopefully, seeing it from the other side will quiet those Martin St. Louis threads once and for all.

BTW, Center Ice carried the Fox Sports - Pittsburgh coverage last night. Mike Lange has to be the finest current active play-by-play announcer in the NHL. "Scratch my back with a hacksaw!" Classic.

Lanny MacDonald* 12-08-2003 02:28 PM

Chris Kontos came out of retirement?

FLAMESFAN 12-12-2003 11:54 AM

Quote:

I think Turek is gonna be in it tough to try and reclaim his spot. Hopefully that will push both of them to be really sharp.
On a side note, Kipper's first Flame shut out is close, I can feel it!

I felt it! :D

gibber1600 12-12-2003 04:32 PM

Quote:

Just noticed that both players we are talking about here (Donovan, Kipper) won players of the week.
When's the last time we've swept those awards?
Good job boys :handclap: :yo:

How can you be a flames fan from Winnipeg. You must be young!! Don't you remember Macoun crosschecking Hawerchuk in the playoffs that one year!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Badger Bob 12-13-2003 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibber1600
How can you be a flames fan from Winnipeg.

Who's he supposed to follow? The Coyotes? Oilers? Canucks? Wild?

Quote:

You must be young!! Don't you remember Macoun crosschecking Hawerchuk in the playoffs that one year!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah, he's old enough to remember.

FLAMESFAN 12-13-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

How can you be a flames fan from Winnipeg. You must be young!! Don't you remember Macoun crosschecking Hawerchuk in the playoffs that one year!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Never was a Jets fan. I remember that game well, the look on Ducky's face as Macoun broke several of his ribs (ouch!).Not only that, but a high shot also took out Brian Hayward who was playing awesome in net, and we still couldn't win the series.
I was young back then, but I used to love cheering for the Flames in that sea of white.
Some people say Calgary/Vancouver was the second best rivalry,but they couldn't have watched Calgary/Wpg (memories........ :rolly: )