HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ranger Prospect Poll #21 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=341970)

FLYLine24 02-07-2007 05:35 PM

Ranger Prospect Poll #21

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Playing for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#4 -- Nigel Dawes (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 5th round in the 2003 Draft.
#5 -- Lauri Korpikoski (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 19th overall in the 2004 Draft.
#6 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Owen Sound Attack (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#7 -- Ryan Callahan (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#8 -- Michael Sauer (D) - Playing for the Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2005 Draft.
#9 -- Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.
#10 - Ivan Baranka (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2003 Draft.
#11 - Tommy Pyatt (F) - Playing for the Saginaw Spirit (OHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#12 - Jarkko Immonen (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected in the 8th Round by the Leafs in 2002.
#13 - Dan Girardi (D) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Undrafted, signed by the Rangers in '06.
#14 - Brodie Dupont (F) - Playing for the Calgary Hitmen (WHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2005 Draft
#15 - Dane Byers (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.
#16 - Greg Moore (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 5th Round in the 2003 Draft by the Flames.
#17 - Ryan Russell (F) - Playing for the Kootenay Ice (WHL) - Drafted in the 7th Round in the 2005 Draft.
#18 - David Kveton (F) - Playing for the Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2006 Draft.
#19 - Ryan Hillier (F) - Playing for the Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL) - Drafted in the 3rd Round in the 2006 Draft.
#20 - Darin Olver (F) - Playing for Northern Michigan (NCAA) - Drafted in the 2nd Round in the 2004 Draft.
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/images...rin_action.jpg

Added this round: Bryce Lampman (D)
Nominations: Roche (4), Psurny (2), Zeliska (1), Flatt (1), Hunter (1), Reese (1)

Zaborsky for me.

nyr2k2 02-07-2007 05:38 PM

Jessiman. Call me a fool, but I still haven't given up.

dumpsathernow* 02-07-2007 05:39 PM

I still can't believe G. Moore is in the top 25. Mind boggling. I feel safe in saying that if Olver played in the defensively joke of a league QMJHL, he would have a ton more points then Hillier or Kveton ever would.

dumpsathernow* 02-07-2007 05:43 PM

Next year, people are going to say, "Man, I can't believe nobody voted for Dupont in our top 7 prospects."

Dupont IMO is considerably better than Korpikoski.

FLYLine24 02-07-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donutboy (Post 7959646)
Next year, people are going to say, "Man, I can't believe nobody voted for Dupont in our top 7 prospects."

Alrighty then, we all have opinions. Relax up.

Choice 02-07-2007 05:49 PM

Went Hugh. Add Billy Ryan

Bluenote13 02-07-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Thats cause you're wrong. If you were right you'd have said the opposite :D

Olver? The guy who hasn't improved at all since being drafted? Isn't he a few years older than those two guys?

Man, I'm glad you came here so recently, we were lost without ya ;)

Nich 02-07-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 7959697)

Olver? The guy who hasn't improved at all since being drafted? Isn't he a few years older than those two guys?

he is pretty much the only player on his team.....he is a gamer!!!!

Nich 02-07-2007 05:52 PM

add reese

Bluenote13 02-07-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich (Post 7959721)
he is pretty much the only player on his team.....he is a gamer!!!!

I know he is the only guy on NMU, been watching and following him alot closer than most these last 4 years, trust me. I just don't see him improving at anything, but he is quick and can create offense, but in that small frame i'm not so sure about his future.

Nich 02-07-2007 06:05 PM

eh the frame means nothing to me. i see him developing to a 3rd line player honestly with his vision...he just needs someone to pass too....

eco's bones 02-07-2007 06:12 PM

Zaborsky. Add Furrer.

Cynical TyranT 02-07-2007 06:13 PM

Zaborsky again...

Add Psurny again...

The Big Apple 02-07-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Put your vote where your mouth is.....

The Big Apple 02-07-2007 06:37 PM

Add Reese....

FLYLine24 02-07-2007 08:47 PM

Please tell me who you wanted added.....

Radek27 02-07-2007 09:13 PM

Zaborsky, I still say he should be higher than this.

Add Potter, we still do own his rights.

Radek27 02-07-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

I havea feeling we are going to be saying the samething about Zaborsky next year. I feel we left him way too low on this list. He is one of the few exciting offensive prospects we have in the system. He has so much more potential than Dane Byers ( still don't get that pick).

FLYLine24 02-07-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 7962351)
I havea feeling we are going to be saying the samething about Zaborsky next year. I feel we left him way too low on this list. He is one of the few exciting offensive prospects we have in the system. He has so much more potential than Dane Byers ( still don't get that pick).

Agreed.

Zaborsky should have been in the top 20 IMO.

Next year though he'll put up very nice numbers playing on most likely the 1st line after a few players leave this year.

EvilCorporateLawyer 02-07-2007 09:32 PM

Zaborsky.

Add Zeliska.

Ola 02-08-2007 04:59 AM

Allot of guys on the list that i really don't belive in.

Jessiman, Holt, Graham, Helminen, Liffiton, Falardeu and Bahensky.

I am not a fan of Zabrosky. I've only seen him twice, and its likely that I caught him on bad nights, but to me he seemed too sluggish to get anywhere. Very hungry offensivly, he got a great nose for the net, a good shot and works hard, but I didn't just see the overall skill level (in thoose two games).

So I went for Lampman.

I have not really seen any of the kids not on the list, aren't there anyone with some hope?

Anyone seen Zeliska?

dumpsathernow* 02-08-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Apple (Post 7960235)
Put your vote where your mouth is.....

I would but I can't vote on this poll. It won't allow me or I'm missing something

I agree on Zaborsky. He is on a great OHL team though. However, what he's doing as a rookie is impressive as were his 49 goals last year.

Dupont with 2 more goals last night giving him 30 in 16 less games then he had last year. Forty goals in his second full WHL season for a guy with the size and total game like he has in tremendous. It took Byers 4 years to put up a decent WHL year which would still be nowhere close to what Dupont is doing.

It sure would have been nice if Korpikoski could have played a year in the OHL or WHL to work on offense.

dumpsathernow* 02-08-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 7959697)

I'd take offense to that but since you know so little about evaluating talent, I expect it.

Let me guess. You voted for G. Moore who couldn't get more than 23 points his first 3 years in college on a stacked team.

Olver has played with no talent his entire college career. His points are obviously going to be limited with that supporting cast. This season his bulked up 20 pounds which is something I guarantee you know nothing about. Much like Dubinsky, he probably struggled with the weight. I guarantee he whips the production of Korpikoski and G. Moore his first AHL season.

Bluenote13 02-09-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donutboy (Post 7972570)
I'd take offense to that but since you know so little about evaluating talent, I expect it.

Let me guess. You voted for G. Moore who couldn't get more than 23 points his first 3 years in college on a stacked team.

Olver has played with no talent his entire college career. His points are obviously going to be limited with that supporting cast. This season his bulked up 20 pounds which is something I guarantee you know nothing about. Much like Dubinsky, he probably struggled with the weight. I guarantee he whips the production of Korpikoski and G. Moore his first AHL season.

Much like Dubinsky? Dubinsky was heavy, Olver is small and you compare both of their situations and I'M the one who knows 'little' about evaluating talent?

And you know what, Olver may end up with more points in the AHL than Korpikoski, thats not what I base my evaluation completely on. Numbers are just a part of it.

Donutboy indeed....