HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A few avs/caps proposals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34211)

DRL 12-07-2003 07:27 PM

A few avs/caps proposals
 
idea 1:

to col: mike grier

to was: dan hinote, mikhail kuleshov

idea 2:

to col: jeff halpren & rick berry

to was: martin skoula & jordan krestanovich

idea 3:

to col: brendan witt & brian willsie

to was: martin skoula & john boychuk

thoughts?

i get the feeling we will see these two trade with each other in the future :teach:

btmarshall 12-08-2003 07:56 AM

Hasn't Kuleshov fallen off the map, to some extent? He'll be 23 in January...

Halpern for Skoula is a possibility. Halpern is losing out to Sutherby and Gordon, nipping at his heels for checking center assignments. I have heard some very dismal things about Skoula's play this season, however.

I agree that these are teams that are likely talking trade, but probably not this small. The Caps will be trying to dump larger salaries, I think.

Regardless of his performance, Witt won't be dealt while the Caps carry two vets (Witt included), one rookie and three journeymen on their starting six. Personally, I would like to see Boychuk, but I doubt the Caps would trade Witt.

Biscuit Bullet 12-08-2003 04:24 PM

I would definitely do a Halpern for Skoula trade. I've suddenly realized there's a reason Halpern was never drafted. He sucks. He found a unique chemistry with Dahlen and Konowalchuk--all he had to do was hang around in the slot and wait for one timers. If you'll recall, that's how he scored his famous game winner against the pens. His new linemates aren't nearly as good along the boards as Dahlen and Kono, so he's basically become useless. Sutherby can do what Halpern does while adding a physical dimension that Halpern doesn't posess. It's really too bad that the home town golden boy is being chased out of town, but like I said, he's not very useful at all.

txpd 12-08-2003 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai
I would definitely do a Halpern for Skoula trade. I've suddenly realized there's a reason Halpern was never drafted. He sucks. He found a unique chemistry with Dahlen and Konowalchuk--all he had to do was hang around in the slot and wait for one timers. If you'll recall, that's how he scored his famous game winner against the pens. His new linemates aren't nearly as good along the boards as Dahlen and Kono, so he's basically become useless. Sutherby can do what Halpern does while adding a physical dimension that Halpern doesn't posess. It's really too bad that the home town golden boy is being chased out of town, but like I said, he's not very useful at all.

Its interesting that you say that Sutherby can do what Halpern does, but hasn't been. You also left out something important about those Dahlen, Konowalchuk, Halpern days. They forechecked. They don't forecheck anymore. The reason Halpern has nothing going on now is the same reason that Konowalchuk had nothing going on til he left.

CapitalsCupFantasy 12-08-2003 07:30 PM

I agree
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
Its interesting that you say that Sutherby can do what Halpern does, but hasn't been. You also left out something important about those Dahlen, Konowalchuk, Halpern days. They forechecked. They don't forecheck anymore. The reason Halpern has nothing going on now is the same reason that Konowalchuk had nothing going on til he left.


I would have rather dealt Sutherby for JN. He's shown me nothing this year.

IceBagadonuts 12-09-2003 11:29 AM

Caps/Avs trades
 
As a Colorado fan, I'd do the Skoula-and-Boychuk for Witt-and Willsie deal in a heartbeat.

Helps both teams now... where they need it... and it saves the Caps nearly $1 mill. in salary. The Caps might "win" the deal in 2 or 3 years if/when Boychuk develops, but the Avs take the edge right now. Willsie's probably a career AHL'er and good for occasional call-ups in Colorado. Boychuk COULD become a franchise D-man, but the Avs are fairly deep in D prospects.

Looks like a win-win.

RoyIsALegend* 12-09-2003 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBagadonuts
Boychuk COULD become a franchise D-man, but the Avs are fairly deep in D prospects.

No, he can't.

BrianBurke 12-09-2003 11:44 AM

Wow... Skoula's stock sure dropped fast didn't it. As I recall the Avs had big hopes for that kid. The idea of dropping him for Halpern... geezus.

Witt... he'd look good in an Avs uniform, and therefore, as a Canucks fan I'm deadset against it.
Mind you, I'm not sure why the Caps would be trading him anyways so it's probably a moot point.

btmarshall 12-10-2003 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBurke
Wow... Skoula's stock sure dropped fast didn't it. As I recall the Avs had big hopes for that kid. The idea of dropping him for Halpern... geezus.

Witt... he'd look good in an Avs uniform, and therefore, as a Canucks fan I'm deadset against it.
Mind you, I'm not sure why the Caps would be trading him anyways so it's probably a moot point.

Exactly. Discussing a Witt to Colorado trade looks decidedly at what Colorado needs while ignoring Washington's needs. With Gonchar, Witt plus a rookie and three AHL players on their starting six, the Caps just won't trade Witt right now unless it is for a comparable defenseman plus substantial futures. Witt's not even expensive.

Obviously, Skoula is not a comparable defenseman.

Ensane 12-10-2003 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btmarshall
Exactly. Discussing a Witt to Colorado trade looks decidedly at what Colorado needs while ignoring Washington's needs. With Gonchar, Witt plus a rookie and three AHL players on their starting six, the Caps just won't trade Witt right now unless it is for a comparable defenseman plus substantial futures. Witt's not even expensive.

Obviously, Skoula is not a comparable defenseman.

I agree, Witt is probably one of the last Caps that I would expect to see go. For what he brings to the table he's not exactly a big salary.

Even though I'd love the depth and versatility he'd bring to the Avs, I don't know if they would want to pay the price to get him if he's going to be a #4 or #5 on the squad.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.