HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official GDT February 9: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00p MSG (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=342588)

hpNYR 02-08-2007 11:44 PM

Official GDT February 9: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00p MSG
 
http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/nyr_comp.gifvshttp://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/tam_comp.gif


Tampa......62 <---Points--> New York Rangers....55

Possible but not definite LINES for the NYR:

Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Hossa-Krog-Jagr
Straka-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Prucha-Betts-Hollweg


Quote:

"Absolutely, we have to start winning," goaltender Henrik Lundqvist said. "We're aware of the situation we're in. We're in a tough spot. We have to start winning. We're not going to give up. Hopefully, we turn this around."
It will be sean avery's debut and...and....ELISHA CUTHBERT'S DEBUT TOO....WOO!!Home ice here- Let's do this baby! One helluva game in terms of importance. Let's Go Rangers!!

in the hall 02-08-2007 11:50 PM

rangers suck

Block More Shots 02-08-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7981139)
rangers suck

I see we're being optimistic here :dunno:

Must win game. I don't care that there are 28 games remaining, they need to start a winning streak up NOW.

Vinny and St. Louis are playing really well right now. Lundqvist and the D are going to have to step it up. I'm also hoping that the offense shows up tonight and can put up at least 3 goals.

Geogaddi 02-08-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7981139)
rangers suck

Ah yes...Jump...Jump Quick!

I just want to see a Bloody win...dont care how it happens. Just let it be.

Oh and those lines look Terrible. Renney is going Ape *****

Radek27 02-09-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7981139)
rangers suck

I am ready for a house cleaning but I am even gonna give them 10 more games to turn it around and stop sucking.


LETS GO RANGERS! :yo:

Theoren Fan 02-09-2007 12:14 AM

Aren't we really starting to jump the gun here on some of these "Game Time" threads..?

Balej20* 02-09-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7981139)
rangers suck

I hear ya bro.

How about this for a prediction from an otherwise pesimistic person around here:

Rangers win 4-2. Jagr, Shanahan, Avery, Hossa

in the hall 02-09-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai12 (Post 7981184)
Ah yes...Jump...Jump Quick!

I just want to see a Bloody win...dont care how it happens. Just let it be.

Oh and those lines look Terrible. Renney is going Ape *****

i was never on the bandwaggon


no way those lines are real.. are they?? jeeze renney

Balej20* 02-09-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoren Fan (Post 7981307)
Aren't we really starting to jump the gun here on some of these "Game Time" threads..?

Well they are called "Game Day Threads", emphasis on the word 'Day,' and there is a game today.

Geogaddi 02-09-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall (Post 7981324)
i was never on the bandwaggon


no way those lines are real.. are they?? jeeze renney

I was just messin with ya Hall.

I've said it before and ill say it again...God i love being a Ranger fan :(

Choice 02-09-2007 12:23 AM

I havent not watched a game in months. Think I'm gonna skip this one.

Lets go Rangers.

Echo Balej20's sentiments. Rangers win with goals from Hossa and Avery.

Inferno 02-09-2007 12:42 AM

with those lines...


Lightning: 7,844,912 - Rangers: 1

Nich 02-09-2007 01:22 AM

i hope we either win......or get blown out......

VEGASRANGERFAN 02-09-2007 01:30 AM

God Elisha is hottt! Anyway I think this game could be the breaking point. If we win, and go on a streak we have a chance. If we lose, I belive the season is all but over. If that means cleaning house for some good prospects or picks then I won't be overly upset about it.

n8 02-09-2007 01:31 AM

yeah, i'm with you on these early "game DAY" threads but I guess since it's past midnight in NY, it technically counts. but come on, this ain't Christmas. I'm gonna be the one to say these lines have a chance but since I don't get to see games out on the west coast, i'll never truly know. As for the doubters, you can all start a pool, "how many minutes do the lines roughly stick together?"

Win or Definitive Loss (I don't know if I'd be happy with a blow-out). Like losing 4-2 but getting our two goals in the last 10 minutes of the game and one was just a lucky bounce or something.

Block More Shots 02-09-2007 02:10 AM

I just simmed this game in NHL 2k7 for the hell of it. All the real lines as well (I edited them for each team). I know it really can't tell the outcome of the game but I just wanted to see what would happen. Here are the results (first sim):

Rangers win 2-1 against TB. No 1st period scoring. The Lightning break through in the 2nd period to break the 0-0 tie on a Marty St. Louis goal assisted by Prospal and Vinny Lecavalier. In the 3rd period, the Rangers fight back to tie it on a goal by Aaron Ward assisted by Jaromir Jagr. With 4:44 left in the game, Brendan Shanahan scores assisted by Prucha and Krog, which turns out to be the game winner.

Lundqvist makes 34 saves to get the win.

Here's what happened in my second sim:

Rangers win 4-1 against TB . The Rangers jump out to a 2-0 lead by the end of the 1st period. Aaron Ward assisted by Nylander and Avery...then Straka assisted by Ortmeyer. In the 2nd period, the Rangers add two more goals. Prucha assisted by Shanahan and Rachunek...Jagr assisted by Straka and Nylander. Fedotenko adds a late goal.

Lundqvist gets the win with 22 saves.

Hopefully the game is right on this one ;)

Phil333 02-09-2007 03:14 AM

We win, 5 points out of 8th. Very managable. We lose, 9 points out. This is a huge game. This team wants to turn it around, tonight is the night. If we lose, I don't think I have it in me to be optimistic anymore.

Finest 02-09-2007 06:16 AM

It starts with one, one game can get the ball rolling,they need this win and gain some confidence and take it to the Washington game. LETS GO RANGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RangerBoy 02-09-2007 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil333 (Post 7982008)
We win, 5 points out of 8th. Very managable. We lose, 9 points out. This is a huge game. This team wants to turn it around, tonight is the night. If we lose, I don't think I have it in me to be optimistic anymore.

If the Rangers lose tonight in regulation,the Rangers fall 8 points out of 8th which is Carolina at 63 points.With a win TB,moves up to #6 with Montreal dropping to #7.TB and Montreal would be tied with 64 points but TB has more wins with same amount of games played-56

dumpsathernow* 02-09-2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 7982298)
If the Rangers lose tonight in regulation,the Rangers fall 8 points out of 8th which is Carolina at 63 points.With a win TB,moves up to #6 with Montreal dropping to #7.TB and Montreal would be tied with 64 points but TB has more wins with same amount of games played-56



‎Careful now! ‎Il Ragazzone might call you an internet loser if you actually demostrate you understand facts about the sport or players. :shakehead

GarretJoseph* 02-09-2007 07:33 AM

We are 7 Points out from the 8th seed held by Tampa Bay. If we lose to them tonight..it becomes 9.

5 out or 9 out.

Tonight is a MUST win.

Kostik 02-09-2007 07:45 AM

Must win game. Go get them Rangers!

Fletch 02-09-2007 07:58 AM

The Rangers will win tonight...
 
but it won't be because of the asinine line combos Renney's made, nor will it be the return of Marek Malik. It'll be because Jagr or Shannay and/or Lundqvist show up tonight.

Why doesn't this team trade Prucha already? He's clearly not in their plans and I'd rather see a banger on the fourth line than Prucha.

The top two lines is akin to playing Tim Sweeney with Wayne Gretzky, or Mike Keane with Wayne. The third line...Straka to get less minutes than Hossa?

I'm all for balance, but sometimes you can go overboard.

Theoren Fan 02-09-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 7981330)
Well they are called "Game Day Threads", emphasis on the word 'Day,' and there is a game today.

Whatever, it was still 1am. Let's be alittle realistic here.

WheresBarnaby 02-09-2007 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi (Post 7981828)
I just simmed this game in NHL 2k7 for the hell of it. All the real lines as well (I edited them for each team). I know it really can't tell the outcome of the game but I just wanted to see what would happen. Here are the results (first sim):

Rangers win 2-1 against TB. No 1st period scoring. The Lightning break through in the 2nd period to break the 0-0 tie on a Marty St. Louis goal assisted by Prospal and Vinny Lecavalier. In the 3rd period, the Rangers fight back to tie it on a goal by Aaron Ward assisted by Jaromir Jagr. With 4:44 left in the game, Brendan Shanahan scores assisted by Prucha and Krog, which turns out to be the game winner.

Lundqvist makes 34 saves to get the win.

Here's what happened in my second sim:

Rangers win 4-1 against TB . The Rangers jump out to a 2-0 lead by the end of the 1st period. Aaron Ward assisted by Nylander and Avery...then Straka assisted by Ortmeyer. In the 2nd period, the Rangers add two more goals. Prucha assisted by Shanahan and Rachunek...Jagr assisted by Straka and Nylander. Fedotenko adds a late goal.

Lundqvist gets the win with 22 saves.

Hopefully the game is right on this one ;)

The fact that you did that, is so ridiculous It's wonderful, lol.



Hope we can pull out the win tonight. From here foward it looks grim, hopefully we can still see some good hockey. (as has been said before, raise your hand if you see us missing the playoffs by 2 or 4 points after we've made a big run, leaving us all :shakehead )


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.