HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Positve Thread: Perezhogin played a good game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=342647)

Nova_Scotia_Vees 02-09-2007 06:34 AM

Positve Thread: Perezhogin played a good game

He was buzzing all around the place had a couple of good chances and got his nose dirty..Time to try him with Kovy and Koivu i think they can click.

WeThreeKings 02-09-2007 06:46 AM

I thought he had a great game (what I seen of it, I left after the 5-on-3 misque).

AlexMeth 02-09-2007 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees (Post 7982317)
He was buzzing all around the place had a couple of good chances and got his nose dirty..Time to try him with Kovy and Koivu i think they can click.

had a good game BUT still got a trip to the sin bin.

Nova_Scotia_Vees 02-09-2007 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexMeth (Post 7982356)

Yeah but alot of players take trips to the bin..He has a habit when he's tired of grabbing onto people hope fully he will grow out of that..:)

habsfan44 02-09-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexMeth (Post 7982356)

yeah , i saw that penalty , what was it , two minutes for lifting the stick ? :shakehead

fufonzo 02-09-2007 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan44 (Post 7982968)
yeah , i saw that penalty , what was it , two minutes for lifting the stick ? :shakehead

Agreed. Ridiculous call.
It pisses me off when they call those kinds of penalties.

Edit: Perezhogin played a very good game. I still don't get why he kept getting benched.

PeteLaframboise 02-09-2007 08:45 AM

Same thing against the Isles, I was at that game and he really stood out by the way he battled for the puck, I was sayin' to myself "Now that's Parez from the begining of the season", than went and got a stick penalty and Satan scored on it.
That being said, he's the type of player that can give a lot even he's not scoring, just learn to stay out of the box and he'll end up top six the way we're struggling right now.

hab 02-09-2007 09:05 AM

Carbo must see the guy as an energy forward, and if he doesn't play 110%, he is out of the lineup. I see him as an offensive forward that hasn't put it together yet and needs the ice time... but hey, what do I know:dunno:

he will probably get traded this month anyway:shakehead

Lord Horse 02-09-2007 11:33 AM

Took another dumb penalty. Back to bench.

Players are not getting the message. Ditto Souray, dumb move high-sticking behind the play in the 3rd.

Roughing calls I can live with but high-stick, holding, hooking, etc. is what's killed this team. And even the captain is guilty. What kind of example are the vets setting for young guys like Perezhogin? It's too bad, but Perezhogin is paying the price for it. If he'd had at least one 20-goal season to date he'd be cut a bit more slack.

He was somewhat better last night. Brought a bit more than Garth Murray. That near-miss break probably cost him a game or two more in the doghouse.... put that one in the net and the penalty would've meant nothing.

Still.....:dunno:

Habsfan18 02-09-2007 11:35 AM

I for one, have given up hope on Perezhogin.

He's not getting much chances, and when he has he hasn't really done much.

I'm predicting now that it's Perezhogins last season playing for the CH. He'll return to Russia next year.

brownman* 02-09-2007 11:39 AM

Well what do you expect 'Zhogi to do on the 3rd and 4th lines? Give him more than a few shifts with Saku and let him bury all the opportunities that Ryder ****s up, night in, night out.

Slick Nick 02-09-2007 11:53 AM

good game for Zhogy, IMO there was no penalty on the call, but the replay didn't show the whole sequence, so... I don't know why Carbo doesn't try to shake up his lines a little, obvisouly they are not working right now. The grinders on top lines strategy didn't work neither.

I'd like this to be tried:

Perezhogin-Koivu-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Latendresse
Samsonov-Bonk-Johnson
Ryder-Lapierre-Steit

Ryder is now -19... better have him on the fourth with 2 defensively aware players and use him on the PP.

First line played great last year, and is more reliable defensively. Line 2: Pleks and Higgins played together in Hamilton, the three players play a north-south game, balanced defensively. Third line look good when used, Samsonov brings an offensive touch, quite reliable on D too. Fourth line can score, can hit, Streit and Lappy to cover Ryder's arse.

plafleur10 02-09-2007 12:06 PM

2 different games

I thought Zoggy played 2 different games yesterday.

The first part was great, he was really flying out there, you saw his couple of games on the sidelines made him think and he gave his 100%.

Then he took 2 big hits from Chris Neal and became invisible and scared for the second part of the game, that's his problem, the book on him is to hit hm hard and he disappears...

He's got to overcome this or else his talent will go to waiste

TheRocket 02-09-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10 (Post 7985241)
Then he took 2 big hits from Chris Neal and became invisible and scared for the second part of the game, that's his problem, the book on him is to hit hm hard and he disappears...

I think thatís overstatement based on beaten to death stereotype about the softness of European players. He took 2 big hits, but his overall game did not change. He still managed to create scoring opportunity for himself going to the net with one of defenseman (Phillips?) on his shoulders.

Dr_Hook 02-09-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10 (Post 7985241)
I thought Zoggy played 2 different games yesterday.

The first part was great, he was really flying out there, you saw his couple of games on the sidelines made him think and he gave his 100%.

I thought the book on him was "hit him hard and he'll crush your skull with his stick" :D

Perez did indeed play a good game. But we lost and he is Carbo's whipping boy ; he's going back in the stands... :shakehead

ChemiseBleuHonnete 02-09-2007 01:17 PM

omg I still can't beleive how Perezhogin is praised on those boards. He's a fringe nhler. Yesterday he had a decent game. Not a great game. Come on!

Shabutie 02-09-2007 01:18 PM

Perez had a good game but not good enough to go from the bench to the 1st line, Carbs doesn't work that way. Do you think he'll go back to lines that were played more than 1 1/2 years ago, cuz Perez showed chemistry with Koivu and Kovalev for 8 or 9 games? Pretty laughable.

I think the guy needs to play with Plekanec cuz their styles complement each other nicely.

The lines should be;

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Perez - Pleks - Latendresse/Ryder
Sammy - Bonk - Johnson
Murray/Streit - Lapierre - Latendresse/Ryder

I don't see Carbo mixing with the lines as much, but I sure as **** hope he does.

brownman* 02-09-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player (Post 7986271)
omg I still can't beleive how Perezhogin is praised on those boards. He's a fringe nhler. Yesterday he had a decent game. Not a great game. Come on!

Shut up, G.O.B. :razz:

Shabutie 02-09-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

The fanboys can't get past the 8 points in 9 games he had with Koivu and Kovalev. They think that if they're reunited, they would be one of the most dominant lines in the nhl. They need to realise that it was 9 games, and it was over a year and a half ago.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 02-09-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 7986340)
The fanboys can't get past the 8 points in 9 games he had with Koivu and Kovalev. They think that if they're reunited, they would be one of the most dominant lines in the nhl. They need to realise that it was 9 games, and it was over a year and a half ago.

word

Slick Nick 02-09-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 7986340)

fanboys simply suggest this should be tried because other combos simply don't work... you keep bashing without even giving him a single chance to prove himslef. :shakehead

Souffle 02-09-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

I didn't think he was very good yesterday. He was just okay. I'm puzzled by the praise for his battling. In my eyes, he tends to fall, lose the puck, or take a penalty a lot more frequently than he ought to, especially for someone who isn't producing in any other way.

coolguy21415 02-09-2007 03:50 PM

I was at the game yesterday, and Perezhogin didn't have a "great game". He played okay, which is better than usual as of late.
The penalty he took was - again - in the offensive zone and unnecessary. The real positive is that he was heavy on the forecheck and his drive to the net was impressive, I didn't think he had that kind of strength.

Slick Nick 02-09-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 7988421)
I was at the game yesterday, and Perezhogin didn't have a "great game". He played okay, which is better than usual as of late.
The penalty he took was - again - in the offensive zone and unnecessary. The real positive is that he was heavy on the forecheck and his drive to the net was impressive, I didn't think he had that kind of strength.

Offensive zone??? hum.. you watched the game, right?

Shabutie 02-09-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 7987175)
fanboys simply suggest this should be tried because other combos simply don't work... you keep bashing without even giving him a single chance to prove himslef. :shakehead

I think he deserves a chance on the 2nd line with Plekanec, which he had good success with for a part last season... However I don't think he deserves to be on the top line. He hasn't done anything to merrit that. Samsonov and Kovalev haven't even had that chance yet.