HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   it is amazing how things turn out (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34274)

onemorecup* 12-08-2003 06:56 AM

it is amazing how things turn out
 
sometimes, we trade an overrated Linden for the 10th pick to the Isles, then move him for Zed and Bulis, plus a key prospect in Perezoghin, for
Zubrus, who has never broken out , We :cry: when we made the deal
but we came up with the best end up to now, and if Perezoghin develops into a solid forward, even better. It just proves , you have to wait 3-4 years to truly judge anything.

Darz 12-08-2003 06:59 AM

Correct. Sometimes longer.

BigM1ke 12-08-2003 07:20 AM

Can't wait to see that Turgeon-Corson trade helping us!

EquabaleAce 12-08-2003 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
Can't wait to see that Turgeon-Corson trade helping us!

hey, we gotta lose alot before we win.

when you think about the roy trade, we got audette and sundstrom

Darz 12-08-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
hey, we gotta lose alot before we win.

when you think about the roy trade, we got audette and sundstrom

And seeing as Roy is now retired, it's kinda like we got Audette & Sundstrom for nothing!!!!

:joker:

EquabaleAce 12-08-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
And seeing as Roy is now retired, it's kinda like we got Audette & Sundstrom for nothing!!!!

:joker:

ah keane is still in vancouver

EquabaleAce 12-08-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
ah keane is still in vancouver

and since he is passing on his wisdom to king we'll have to throw him into the mix as well :joker:

All-Star 12-08-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
ah keane is still in vancouver

I guess it all depends on who we draft with SJ's 3rd this year.

As it stands today: Audette, Sundstrom, and SJ's 3rd for Mike Kean...

Houle was a genius!!! :joker:

All-Star

Dragon 12-08-2003 08:57 AM

You guys under-estimate what we got for Roy, Turgeon, Damphousse and Recchi!

We got Ward(own pick), Hainsey(own pick), Hossa(Damphousse), Komisarek(own pick), Zednik, Bulis and Perezhogin (own high pick => Linden=>!!!!) for them! If we don't try them away, we won't pick so high and land these prospects! :lol:

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 12-08-2003 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon
You guys under-estimate what we got for Roy, Turgeon, Damphousse and Recchi!

We got Ward(own pick), Hainsey(own pick), Hossa(Damphousse), Komisarek(own pick), Zednik, Bulis and Perezhogin (own high pick => Linden=>!!!!) for them! If we don't try them away, we won't pick so high and land these prospects! :lol:

Sure it looks good now that 1 of those 4 are retired and the rest don`t have much playing time left BUT we traded 4 very good players away without getting much in return. The Damphousse trade was decent but some of the other stuff we got back just plain sucked....is Thibault Ruchinsky and Kovalenko (not sure if it was Kovalenko) really enough for Roy and Keane? it would seem that we should be able to get a hell of alot more than that group.

Marchy79 12-08-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
I guess it all depends on who we draft with SJ's 3rd this year.

As it stands today: Audette, Sundstrom, and SJ's 3rd for Mike Kean...

Houle was a genius!!! :joker:

All-Star

We got their Second roundert me thinks :yo: I remember being happy about that one but I wanted the second of last years draft :p
Ah well though, this year's just as well

Darz 12-08-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
..is Thibault Ruchinsky and Kovalenko (not sure if it was Kovalenko) really enough for Roy and Keane? it would seem that we should be able to get a hell of alot more than that group.

I always said Tbo, Rucinsky and Kovalenko wasn't enough for Roy, but why the hell did we have to throw Keane in as well?!! I know Keane had to be moved out of Montreal because of his little comment (stupid media) but to throw him in with Roy?!!!

Stupid Houle!!!!!!

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 12-08-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I always said Tbo, Rucinsky and Kovalenko wasn't enough for Roy, but why the hell did we have to throw Keane in as well?!! I know Keane had to be moved out of Montreal because of his little comment (stupid media) but to throw him in with Roy?!!!

Stupid Houle!!!!!!

I can understand getting Thibault, he was a young 10th overall pick french goalie. He had good potential, but you`d think that for Roy and Keane we should`ve got a goalie (thibaut) plus another star player or blue chip prospect. I`m not talking Joe Sakic but a Owen Nolan, Daniel Alfredsson, Saku Koivu, type star player would equalize this trade so much more than Ruchinsky.

Darz 12-08-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
I can understand getting Thibault, he was a young 10th overall pick french goalie. He had good potential, but you`d think that for Roy and Keane we should`ve got a goalie (thibaut) plus another star player or blue chip prospect. I`m not talking Joe Sakic but a Owen Nolan, Daniel Alfredsson, Saku Koivu, type star player would equalize this trade so much more than Ruchinsky.

Yup, something along the lines of Tbo and Nolan for Roy (no Keane). Supposablely Serge Savard had talked about Roy going to Colorado before he was canned and the deal was supposed to be Fiset, Nolan and a pick for Roy (I believe). I'm sure if houle held out he could of gotten Tbo and Nolan for Roy, but..........

Orange 12-08-2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Yup, something along the lines of Tbo and Nolan for Roy (no Keane). Supposablely Serge Savard had talked about Roy going to Colorado before he was canned and the deal was supposed to be Fiset, Nolan and a pick for Roy (I believe). I'm sure if houle held out he could of gotten Tbo and Nolan for Roy, but..........

He couldn't, Nolan was already traded to SJ for Ozolinsh at the time.

habitants9_4 12-08-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Yup, something along the lines of Tbo and Nolan for Roy (no Keane). Supposablely Serge Savard had talked about Roy going to Colorado before he was canned and the deal was supposed to be Fiset, Nolan and a pick for Roy (I believe). I'm sure if houle held out he could of gotten Tbo and Nolan for Roy, but..........

My uncle was originally Serge Savard's assistant GM, and when he was fired he eventually became Reggie's assistant. Here are some of the propositions he refused...... Also for those who won't believe me, I don't need you to!

Remember EVERY team made an offer...Chicago, Detroit, San Jose and 1 other team were contending for him.
Yzerman, McCarty and Osgood for Roy and Keane
Nolan, Rathje and Irbe for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Ozolinsh and Kovalenko for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Deadmarsh, Simon for Keane and Roy
Belfour, Poulin and Amonte for Roy and Keane
Daze for Damphousse
Linden for Bertuzzi
Roberts for Savage
Brylin for Malakhov
Federov for Malakhov and Quintal when Feds was a hold out, and Quintal and Malakhov were playing well.

Houle didn't take the Detroit deal, because Osgood was too raw, and Yzerman was struggling.

The San Jose deal was Serge's negotiating, and he wanted to have his own deal.

The Chicago deal was very close, but he wanted a younger goalie.

He was truly an Idiot.

On the Richer for Odelein deal he went BEHIND EVERYONE'S BACK AND TOLD THEM "I HAVE A FEELING!"

The Turgeon deal...He said he was going to trade him no matter how well he does! His 4pts night didn't stop him from TAKING THE FIRST ST.LOUIS OFFER! On top of that he THREW in Craig Conroy and Fitzpatrick.

Tucker was dealt because he didn't like him, not to improve the team. As much as I hate him today, he is still a 20 goal scorer who plays with grit and heart.

There are many more little stories like that! MANY MORE :(

Fish on The Sand 12-08-2003 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
and since he is passing on his wisdom to king we'll have to throw him into the mix as well :joker:

Don't forget Roy passed on his wisdom to Aebischer.

FerrisRox 12-08-2003 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
My uncle was originally Serge Savard's assistant GM, and when he was fired he eventually became Reggie's assistant. Here are some of the propositions he refused...... Also for those who won't believe me, I don't need you to!

I'm glad to hear you don't need me. Cause I'd feel pretty lame being needed by somebody so desperate for attention he makes up absurd lies in the hopes that people will believe him.

If you are gonna make something up, don't make it so easy to disproove. You do know that the Canadiens media guides list the Assistant GMs, right?

You do know that no such person ever served both Serge Savard and Rejean Houle, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Remember EVERY team made an offer...Chicago, Detroit, San Jose and 1 other team were contending for him.
Yzerman, McCarty and Osgood for Roy and Keane
Nolan, Rathje and Irbe for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Ozolinsh and Kovalenko for Roy and Keane
Fiset, Deadmarsh, Simon for Keane and Roy
Belfour, Poulin and Amonte for Roy and Keane
Daze for Damphousse
Linden for Bertuzzi
Roberts for Savage
Brylin for Malakhov
Federov for Malakhov and Quintal when Feds was a hold out, and Quintal and Malakhov were playing well.

Houle didn't take the Detroit deal, because Osgood was too raw, and Yzerman was struggling.

The San Jose deal was Serge's negotiating, and he wanted to have his own deal.

The Chicago deal was very close, but he wanted a younger goalie.

Some of these are so stupid they I feel dumb pointing out the obvious flaws.

Hmm Yzerman was slumping? He had 95 points that season. He was there captain, leader, and the key to their juggernaut. This trade suggestion is absurd.

You say the Sharks deal got shot down cause it was "Savard's negotiating. The only problem being that Nolan wasn't San Jose property until a little over a month before the Roy trade happened, this, of course, makes it impossible for Savard to have discussed a trade with San Jose about Nolan and Roy.

It also makes it equally implasuable that Colorado would be dangling Sandis Ozolinish as trade bait. They themselves had just picked him up in late October. Doubtful they would make a major trade like that then turn around and send him to Montreal after 9 games. At least use your head when you are lying to us all.

It's also hilarious you expect anyone to believe that Chicago was going to offer Belfour (50 games played, 22 wins, 17 losses and 10 ties with a .902 save percentage) in a deal to get Roy. Chicago was looking to move Belfour in order to give Hackett the job as starter. Why would they trade him, plus their top sniper in Tony Amonte in order to get a goaltender?

I'm assuming you are just a kid and didn't follow the NHL in 1995-96. Cause if you did, you wouldn't have made up this rumour --- it ignores the reality of Chicago at the time.

However, the stupidest on your list of ******** was Bertuzzi for Linden. The Canucks had just traded Linden away --- and got Bertuzzi AND McCabe for him!

Now you expect us to believe that they then offered Bertuzzi to Montreal to get Linden back?

Why, were they so impressed with how poorly he was playing for Montreal? The 2 years that Linden was in Montreal Bertuzzi scored 25 goals each year. Yet you think we are going to believe Vancouver offered him up for Linden? Somehow, a few months later, they got him back for just a draft pick.

At least look up the stats when you are telling your lies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
He was truly an Idiot.

On the Richer for Odelein deal he went BEHIND EVERYONE'S BACK AND TOLD THEM "I HAVE A FEELING!"

Again, I'm assuming you are too young to remember this, but it's impossible that this deal went down 'behind the backs' of the hockey department. It was rumoured for weeks before it happened. World Cup 96 was going on and the rumours were circulating for awhile that Odie would go to Jersey and Richer back to Montreal. Hard to believe that the journalists knew, the newspapers printed it, the fans knew, yet it was sneaky and behind the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
The Turgeon deal...He said he was going to trade him no matter how well he does! His 4pts night didn't stop him from TAKING THE FIRST ST.LOUIS OFFER! On top of that he THREW in Craig Conroy and Fitzpatrick.

Again, this fabrication directly contradicts facts. Mike Keenan, the GM of the Blues at the time, said he had been in talks with Montreal regarding acquiring Pierre Turgeon since before the waiver draft. So its impossible that this would be the first offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Tucker was dealt because he didn't like him, not to improve the team. As much as I hate him today, he is still a 20 goal scorer who plays with grit and heart.

Again, I can only assume you didn't follow the Canadiens at this time. Tucker was dealt because he was thorougly disliked in his own dressing room and was taking selfish penalties on the ice. This exact same scenario played itself out in Tampa Bay where his trade to Toronto was met with cheers by ex-teammates, according to a Sportsnet report at the time of the deal. The guy was a dressing room cancer. These rumours have dogged him in Toronto too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
There are many more little stories like that! MANY MORE :(

I for one can say, with certanity, that I don't want to hear anymore of your nonsense. Making up stories about 'sources behind the scenes' is sad enough. But doing it without even trying to make it sound realistic, or contradicting known facts, is just plain stupid and a waste of everybody's time.

Dutchy 12-08-2003 06:04 PM

I have a new hero :)

habitants9_4 12-08-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox
I'm glad to hear you don't need me. Cause I'd feel pretty lame being needed by somebody so desperate for attention he makes up absurd lies in the hopes that people will believe him.

If you are gonna make something up, don't make it so easy to disproove. You do know that the Canadiens media guides list the Assistant GMs, right?

You do know that no such person ever served both Serge Savard and Rejean Houle, right?



Some of these are so stupid they I feel dumb pointing out the obvious flaws.

Hmm Yzerman was slumping? He had 95 points that season. He was there captain, leader, and the key to their juggernaut. This trade suggestion is absurd.

You say the Sharks deal got shot down cause it was "Savard's negotiating. The only problem being that Nolan wasn't San Jose property until a little over a month before the Roy trade happened, this, of course, makes it impossible for Savard to have discussed a trade with San Jose about Nolan and Roy.

It also makes it equally implasuable that Colorado would be dangling Sandis Ozolinish as trade bait. They themselves had just picked him up in late October. Doubtful they would make a major trade like that then turn around and send him to Montreal after 9 games. At least use your head when you are lying to us all.

It's also hilarious you expect anyone to believe that Chicago was going to offer Belfour (50 games played, 22 wins, 17 losses and 10 ties with a .902 save percentage) in a deal to get Roy. Chicago was looking to move Belfour in order to give Hackett the job as starter. Why would they trade him, plus their top sniper in Tony Amonte in order to get a goaltender?

I'm assuming you are just a kid and didn't follow the NHL in 1995-96. Cause if you did, you wouldn't have made up this rumour --- it ignores the reality of Chicago at the time.

However, the stupidest on your list of ******** was Bertuzzi for Linden. The Canucks had just traded Linden away --- and got Bertuzzi AND McCabe for him!

Now you expect us to believe that they then offered Bertuzzi to Montreal to get Linden back?

Why, were they so impressed with how poorly he was playing for Montreal? The 2 years that Linden was in Montreal Bertuzzi scored 25 goals each year. Yet you think we are going to believe Vancouver offered him up for Linden? Somehow, a few months later, they got him back for just a draft pick.

At least look up the stats when you are telling your lies.



Again, I'm assuming you are too young to remember this, but it's impossible that this deal went down 'behind the backs' of the hockey department. It was rumoured for weeks before it happened. World Cup 96 was going on and the rumours were circulating for awhile that Odie would go to Jersey and Richer back to Montreal. Hard to believe that the journalists knew, the newspapers printed it, the fans knew, yet it was sneaky and behind the back.



Again, this fabrication directly contradicts facts. Mike Keenan, the GM of the Blues at the time, said he had been in talks with Montreal regarding acquiring Pierre Turgeon since before the waiver draft. So its impossible that this would be the first offer.



Again, I can only assume you didn't follow the Canadiens at this time. Tucker was dealt because he was thorougly disliked in his own dressing room and was taking selfish penalties on the ice. This exact same scenario played itself out in Tampa Bay where his trade to Toronto was met with cheers by ex-teammates, according to a Sportsnet report at the time of the deal. The guy was a dressing room cancer. These rumours have dogged him in Toronto too.



I for one can say, with certanity, that I don't want to hear anymore of your ********. Making up stories about 'sources behind the scenes' is sad enough. But doing it without even trying to make it sound realistic, or contradicting non facts, is just plain stupid and a waste of everybody's time.

Wow don't you look foolish now...lol

Trying to prove that my own uncle lied to me!!! HA!

I didn't read everything you said, because I didn't feel like it, but I did see the part where you said u had press guides.

Well look at who the assistant GM of Serge Savard was?

Phil Scheuer

Now look at who the assistant of Reggie was?

Phil Scheuer

You got a media guide look it up, before you call someone a liar, dumbass.

habitants9_4 12-08-2003 06:50 PM

Allright I read it all, and now I must say congrats. You said some pretty harsh things considering the fact that you are the one who obviously is an idiot. I would love to encourage people to go look at their 95-96 Guide and Record books and read, and maybe someone who has a copy could tell me who's name is on there?

Then look a few years later to when Reggie was GM, read me and type it on this thread who the Administrative Assistant to Managing Director is.........

Look at my profile I am Fred Scheuer, I am a columnist at www.insidehockey.com I do the AHL section, and I hold a press pass at the Bulldogs.

I will admit that I was young for the Roy rumors, and my uncle forgets, but I clearly remember him talking to me about it, simply because Roy was my favorite player. I remember Chicago offering Belfour Poulin and someone else which to the best of my recolection is Amonte, or maybe Murphy, someone good. Remember Keane wasn't too bad, and Roy was the best goalie who has proven he could take a crappy team to the Cup finals and win it for them.

The Yzerman rumor I remember that one for sure. Osgood was still very raw, and they wanted someone more proven, at the time McCarty was still basically a prospect, so he didn't really count.

I never asked you to believe me, but its the truth, from someone who has worked there. I can argue with you, but theres no point, I know Im right so why do I need to prove to you I am right, when i know I am right?

Richer for Odelein....How he went behind everyones back, its simple. They have meetings with the owners, coach's admin, scouts and all those people to discuss offers. Possibly the reason why so few trades get done, is because of the long process of completing it, and sometimes the teams wins or somethng stops one party. But anyways they said no to the offer, but Houle went behind everyones back and did it anyways, and he told my uncle and some people, that he had a feeling.

The Turgeon deal, was after a big 4pts night...Keane was trying to get Houle, because he knew how dumb he was! Anyways the first offer after that game was that ****** one that he took. He didn't even fkin negotiate it. Do you understand that?

Bertuzzi for Linden was a dumb offer by Burke, but Houle was even dumber not to take it. Bertuzzi wasn't the player he is today, and he also wasn't what Burke was expecting. Vancouver needed help down the middle with the injuries to Cassels and stuff. They needed him baddly, so they made the offer. They wanted the captain back too, and they got McCabe out of the original deal. So they won in the end, now they really won.

Also I know Bertuzzi first hand, and he has REALLY matured since becoming a star. Vancouver couldn't handle him at the time, with his hard head, and finally you think Burke likes Bertuzzi as a person? Ever thought of that????


Tucker is undeniably a good player. Hockey is played on the ice, and look at that trade we made with Tampa. It was done because he didn't like Tucker. In hockey you put your personal feelings on the side.

FerrisRox 12-08-2003 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Then look a few years later to when Reggie was GM, read me and type it on this thread who the Administrative Assistant to Managing Director is.........

This is hilarious.

You do realize there is a world of difference between the Assistant GM, (which you originally claimed he was) and the Administrative Assistant to the General Manager (his actual title.)

One is a an important hockey position linked with the day to day operations of the hockey club. The other is a secretary. Big big difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I will admit that I was young for the Roy rumors, and my uncle forgets, but I clearly remember him talking to me about it, simply because Roy was my favorite player.

Maybe you aren't a liar. Maybe your uncle wanted to impress and you pretend he was a bigger part of the hockey operation then he really was. Maybe your only fault is in believing your uncle, but I assure you, if you weren't 10 years old at the time and followed the league, you'd know those 'proposed trades' you mentioned were absurd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I remember Chicago offering Belfour Poulin and someone else which to the best of my recolection is Amonte, or maybe Murphy, someone good. Remember Keane wasn't too bad, and Roy was the best goalie who has proven he could take a crappy team to the Cup finals and win it for them.

I've already been thru this. Chicago WAS NOT looking for a first string goaltender. They had one. In fact, at the time Roy was traded, Belfour had won a Vezina trophy more recently then Patrick had. Chicago was, however, looking to move Ed and give the starting job to Jeff Hackett and save some money. That proposed trade doesn't reflect the reality of the Chicago Blackhawks in 1995-96.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
The Yzerman rumor I remember that one for sure. Osgood was still very raw, and they wanted someone more proven, at the time McCarty was still basically a prospect, so he didn't really count.

Again, this utter nonsense. You might 'remember it for sure' but it definitely doesnt make it true. Detroit had ALREADY MADE THEIR DEAL FOR A VETERAN GOALTENDER. The year before they traded for Mike Vernon, and the deal worked out quite well as the Red Wings advanced all the way to the Stanley Cup Final in 1995. Now you are claiming that a few months into the next season, they were going to ship out their captain and and the heart and soul of their organization, as well as a young goaltender and Darren McCarty? (By the way, he already had two full seasons under his belt, as well as a trip to the Stanely Cup Final --- hardly a 'prospect' who 'doesn't count.' McCarty scored 15 goals in fourth line duty in 1995-96.)

So what was the plan, a Mike Vernon/Patrick Roy tandem, and a gaping hole at center where Steve Yzerman was? Let me ask you, does this sound reasonable? Does it sound plausable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
The Turgeon deal, was after a big 4pts night...Keane was trying to get Houle, because he knew how dumb he was! Anyways the first offer after that game was that ****** one that he took. He didn't even fkin negotiate it. Do you understand that?

No, I don't understand it, because, as I said, Keenan has publically said that he had been in talks with the Montreal Canadiens since before the waiver draft. The trade happened after Turgeon had played 9 games with the Canadiens. So obviously it wasn't the 'first offer' they had been talking for weeks and weeks. If he wasn't 'negotiating' in those weeks, what do you think they were doing? Keenan himself had payed a steep price to get Shayne Corson the year before from Edmonton. You think his first offer would have been Corson? Probably not.

By the way, I noticed you aren't mentioning your proposed San Jose deal? Why not? Is it because you claimed your uncle told you the deal was rejected because it was negotiated by Serge Savard, even though it was built around Owen Nolan, a player that was property of Colorado on the day Savard was fired? Convinient how you left that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Bertuzzi for Linden was a dumb offer by Burke, but Houle was even dumber not to take it. Bertuzzi wasn't the player he is today, and he also wasn't what Burke was expecting. Vancouver needed help down the middle with the injuries to Cassels and stuff. They needed him baddly, so they made the offer. They wanted the captain back too, and they got McCabe out of the original deal. So they won in the end, now they really won.

As I already told you in the last post, Bertuzzi scored 25 goals in each of the two seasons Trevor Linden spent in Montreal. A 6'3, 230 pound winger who's 25 and scores 25 goals a year. He may not have been the superstar he is today, but all signs were certainly pointing there, and Brian Burke is an excellent General Manager. To suggest he offered Bertuzzi for Linden is moronic.

You say that they wanted to do this deal because of injuries to Cassels. So that means the 2000-01 season, the year that Linden was eventually traded to Washington.

Guess what? You've run into a large problem with lies contradicting facts. Rejean Houle was fired in November of 2000. Cassels missed 16 games due to injury in the 2000-01 season. But the first injury, to his toe, didn't happen until January 22nd, well after Rejean Houle had been fired from the team. So either you are lying to us, or your uncles is lying to you. Either way, it's all ********.

All-Star 12-09-2003 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
We got their Second roundert me thinks :yo: I remember being happy about that one but I wanted the second of last years draft :p
Ah well though, this year's just as well

It was a third...

Check the second paragraph:
http://www.bruins-legends.com/H/jeff-hackett.htm

EquabaleAce 12-09-2003 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Sure it looks good now that 1 of those 4 are retired and the rest don`t have much playing time left BUT we traded 4 very good players away without getting much in return. The Damphousse trade was decent but some of the other stuff we got back just plain sucked....is Thibault Ruchinsky and Kovalenko (not sure if it was Kovalenko) really enough for Roy and Keane? it would seem that we should be able to get a hell of alot more than that group.

actually the damphousse trade was one of the worse because he went on to score 70 points a few times in sj

loudi94 12-09-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrisRox
As I already told you in the last post, Bertuzzi scored 25 goals in each of the two seasons Trevor Linden spent in Montreal. A 6'3, 230 pound winger who's 25 and scores 25 goals a year. He may not have been the superstar he is today, but all signs were certainly pointing there, and Brian Burke is an excellent General Manager. To suggest he offered Bertuzzi for Linden is moronic.

You say that they wanted to do this deal because of injuries to Cassels. So that means the 2000-01 season, the year that Linden was eventually traded to Washington.

It was actually quite common knowledge here that after Keenan and Messier left that Vancouver wanted Linden back. Also Bertuzzi was getting quite the reputation as being a whiner who took too many foolish penalties. All indications pointed to this deal being available when Linden was traded to Washington. Of course all trades that don't happen fall under the category of rumours and hearsay, don't they. Just as well, the habs would have buggered up Bertuzzi's career anyways. Probably would have turned him into a defensive specialist like Primeau. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.