HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Superstition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34287)

mcphee 12-08-2003 06:50 AM

Superstition

We had some friends over on Saturday and I was putting some pretzels into a bowl, when what do I find, but 1 perfect pretzel in the form of a CH. I knew it was an omen and I immediately hid it away from both kids and dogs. As the Habs won Saturday, I'll assume that I found a lucky pretzel. I'm not sure whether to hide it or paint it red. Talk about lame threads, but still, I'd hate to be responsible for a slump.

gunnerdom 12-08-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
We had some friends over on Saturday and I was putting some pretzels into a bowl, when what do I find, but 1 perfect pretzel in the form of a CH. I knew it was an omen and I immediately hid it away from both kids and dogs. As the Habs won Saturday, I'll assume that I found a lucky pretzel. I'm not sure whether to hide it or paint it red. Talk about lame threads, but still, I'd hate to be responsible for a slump.

Build a shrine with the pretzel in the middle. These pretzels are making me Thirsty!

EquabaleAce 12-08-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

now we know where the ghosts of the fourm went

they now work in a pretzel factory LOL :joker:

All-Star 12-08-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

Only eat or modify it once they lose...

mcphee 12-08-2003 06:59 AM

i'm worried about possible retrieval if one of my dogs eat it.

Darz 12-08-2003 06:59 AM

Guard the blessed prezel with your life Mcphee!!!!!!

Gros Bill 12-08-2003 07:03 AM

OTH, McPhee, what if it's a trap ? It might be a "bad-luck" pretzel, in which case, only destroying it will allow the Habs to once again become Champions. Something like throwing it into a sewer where the Forum was. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T EAT IT ! You think it will make you stronger, but in fact it could eventually turn you into a Leafs' fan. Hmmm, I saw a movie like that once ...

Bob Bastards 12-08-2003 08:00 AM

Man take a picture of it and post it. I can't wait to see that. :D
I am in favor of building a shrine for it. You should try to find an old chinesse wizard in the china town to see if the pretzel is good or evil. You could then decide to place it in the shrine if the aura is a good one or send it to the Maple Leaf arena for bad luck in the other case...

HABitude 12-08-2003 08:04 AM

You should ask George Bush jr. about lucky pretzels. lol

:joker: :joker:

habsfan19 12-08-2003 08:09 AM

put it in a frame
if we lose, eat that pretzel!

mcphee 12-08-2003 08:15 AM

Bill, now I'm scared, all morning I've been thinking about re-naming my dogs to Wendel and Douggie. I keep getting the urge to see a parade though some part of me knows it will never come.

Bob, as soon as I update my technical abilities, I'll post it.

Habitude, What is the Bush connection, did he choke on one or something ?

Teezax 12-08-2003 08:16 AM

that pretzel will be eaten by about 21h30 tonight. :D

Bob Bastards 12-08-2003 08:19 AM

Quote:

Bob, as soon as I update my technical abilities, I'll post it.

Thanks dude...

Quote:

Unfortunatly he escape the pretzel, it was a nice try anyway...
:D

Darz 12-08-2003 08:20 AM

Quote:

Yup. The leader of the free world was almost taken out by a prezel. What a dumbass!!!

All-Star 12-09-2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Did you by any chance snack on the Pretzel during the last few minutes of the third last night? Montreal's luck appeared to be holding until then... ;)

If you didn't, that darn pretzel let us down when it most mattered. Maybe you should try painting it or modifying it somehow...

mcphee 12-09-2003 03:27 AM

i'm confused, is it lucky because they played well or unlucky because they lost ? I don't handle stress well. Makes me want to eat junk food, oops.

Darz 12-09-2003 03:33 AM

Quote:

i'm confused, is it lucky because they played well or unlucky because they lost ? I don't handle stress well. Makes me want to eat junk food, oops.

DON'T EAT THE PRETZEL!!!!!. It was a great effort. If we put forth that kind of effort on a nightly basis, we will win alot of hockey games this year....Have some chips instead.

GB 12-09-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

It's lucky, but obviously not lucky enough to defeat the curse of Leclair. Maybe cover it in Maple Syrup next time we play the Flyers. Or throw it in Leclair's eye.

habfan4 12-09-2003 06:51 AM

Courier the pretzel to the Bell Centre immediately, this holy relic must be buried in the CH at centre ice.

:bow: I also think you'll need to change your nick to "McPhee Keeper of the Sacred Pretzel"

gunnerdom 12-09-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4
Courier the pretzel to the Bell Centre immediately, this holy relic must be buried in the CH at centre ice.

:bow: I also think you'll need to change your nick to "McPhee Keeper of the Sacred Pretzel"

I will pay the courier if it will help!

Brisebois 12-09-2003 07:00 AM

Crap, they're talking on the Leafs board about sneaking into your house and RIPPING IT OFF mcphee.

DON'T LET THEM DO THIS!!!

Guard your house. Get a doberman. Hire security and lock the pretzel in a safe. Or if you want I'll send a courier to secretly pick it up and bring it over to my house (he wears his goat disguise).

P.S. Take a few pictures of the Pretzel and post them so we can use them as avatars.

Gros Bill 12-09-2003 07:10 AM

Give it to me, McPhee, I'll know what to do with it (heh heh heh).

I said GIVE IT TO ME ! It's mine, I saw it first anyway. It's MY precioussss.

mcphee 12-09-2003 07:50 AM

There aren't enough Leaf fans to defeat me and the Pretzel. OK, here's my plan. My daughter will be at the Bowie concert Saturday. Shall I trust her to hide the Pretzel within the bowels of the Bell Ctr., or shall I let those who are false believe I did. My only concern is in the form of note to self. The coat pocket Mcphee, not the pants pocket.

Brisebois, I'm not afraid of the stealth of the Leaf fans, crinoline makes that rustling noise when they walk.

Necrophile 12-09-2003 08:07 AM

Quote:

There aren't enough Leaf fans to defeat me and the Pretzel. OK, here's my plan. My daughter will be at the Bowie concert Saturday. Shall I trust her to hide the Pretzel within the bowels of the Bell Ctr., or shall I let those who are false believe I did. My only concern is in the form of note to self. The coat pocket Mcphee, not the pants pocket.

Brisebois, I'm not afraid of the stealth of the Leaf fans, crinoline makes that rustling noise when they walk.

McPhee, we must assemble a small army of CH fans to accomplish the task. Everyone must have a different task in order for the unit to be efficient.

McPhee hides in the middle of the small army of fans. Guy! leads the way, distracting Leaf fans with his detailed post-game reports. If one of those Leaf guys slips away from Guy!, then we send Plekanec to hold them back further, and confuse them with french ramblings. If some of the Leaf fans manage to break away from both Guy!'s and Plekanec's coverage, then Darz tries to lure them to a dark corner by promising some free beer, at which point one of our (Big M1ke, Komisarek8, Mike Komisarek) will beat them savagely. Then Necrophile will "dispose" of the bodies. After this, the coast will almost be clear, but just to be sure we will send Andrei Kastsitsyn on the ice to fake an epileptic seizure, at which point no one will be paying attention to McPhee, who will safely store the SACRED PRETZEL :bow: .

It must be done...

gunnerdom 12-09-2003 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophile
McPhee, we must assemble a small army of CH fans to accomplish the task. Everyone must have a different task in order for the unit to be efficient.

McPhee hides in the middle of the small army of fans. Guy! leads the way, distracting Leaf fans with his detailed post-game reports. If one of those Leaf guys slips away from Guy!, then we send Plekanec to hold them back further, and confuse them with french ramblings. If some of the Leaf fans manage to break away from both Guy!'s and Plekanec's coverage, then Darz tries to lure them to a dark corner by promising some free beer, at which point one of our (Big M1ke, Komisarek8, Mike Komisarek) will beat them savagely. Then Necrophile will "dispose" of the bodies. After this, the coast will almost be clear, but just to be sure we will send Andrei Kastsitsyn on the ice to fake an epileptic seizure, at which point no one will be paying attention to McPhee, who will safely store the SACRED PRETZEL :bow: .

It must be done...

Hey what about me!? I am a follower of the SAcred Pretzel. I want to help. Can I at least poke the bodies with a tree branch or something?