HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Will the game be on CBC Ottawa/Montreal? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=343109)

rs7k 02-10-2007 05:46 AM

Will the game be on CBC Ottawa/Montreal?

I live near Toronto and I have RDS. However, my friend doesn't. He has satellite and get every CBC station though. Would the game be shown on CBC Ottawa or CBC Montreal? Do I have to worry about a blackout?

Hackett 02-10-2007 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rs7k (Post 7994204)
I live near Toronto and I have RDS. However, my friend doesn't. He has satellite and get every CBC station though. Would the game be shown on CBC Ottawa or CBC Montreal? Do I have to worry about a blackout?

The CBC will be split up into three regions for the early game.

Quebec will definitly get the habs/sens game. I assume the ottawa area as well...

Alberta and BC get the flames game

the rest get the leafs game.

I assume your friend is out of luck.

Edit: good question about the blackout issue.... I cant help you there

RE-HABS 02-10-2007 06:37 AM

Toronto has juristiction rights in their area, so the Ottawa game will not be televised their in English and CBC doesn't carry French games anymore so you are watching the Leafs and Sid tonight.

BaseballCoach 02-10-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 7994280)
Toronto has juristiction rights in their area, so the Ottawa game will not be televised their in English and CBC doesn't carry French games anymore so you are watching the Leafs and Sid tonight.

CBC are national games and are not blacked out. If you have ExpressVU and have access to many CBC channels across the country, you can get multiple games.

Today that means that both the Habs/Sens and Leafs/Pens can be seen.

LamborGREENie 02-10-2007 10:27 AM

Toronto will show Toronto vs Pittsburgh
Montreal and Ottawa will show Ottawa vs Montreal

BigTimer* 02-10-2007 12:18 PM

Shows how brilliant the CBC is. You have two Canadian teams side by side in the rankings playing one another tonight and the national game is still the Leafs vs. an american team.

Lord Horse 02-10-2007 12:28 PM

Tell your friend to get over to your place.

I have RDS (in Manitoba) and even with non-Habs fans it's popular on a Saturday night. Lots of people out here just get it because nobody plays more hockey, all the time.

Once again, CBC OFF! RDS, ON!

Goalie3636 02-10-2007 02:41 PM

CBC Ottawa and CBC Montreal are both carrying the Habs/Leafs game.
Everyone else carries the Leafs game.

As far as I know there aren't any blackouts. Buty it probably depends on your area.

Athlétique_Canadien 02-10-2007 02:44 PM

Who cares?

And, with Sid at the ACC you know it's going to be Leafs.

rs7k 02-10-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballCoach (Post 7995179)
CBC are national games and are not blacked out. If you have ExpressVU and have access to many CBC channels across the country, you can get multiple games.

Today that means that both the Habs/Sens and Leafs/Pens can be seen.

My friend has Bell Expressvu and timeshifting on the national networks. He has the CBC Montreal/CBC Ottawa channels, and they work fine as they are, I was just wondering if they'll still work when HNIC comes on.