HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anyone know why Montoya wasn't suited up... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=343114)

HAPPY HOUR 02-10-2007 07:22 AM

Anyone know why Montoya wasn't suited up...

for last nights game??? Valiquette was in goal and Alex Westlund was the backup.

Ola 02-10-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy hour (Post 7994356)
for last nights game??? Valiquette was in goal and Alex Westlund was the backup.

I think I read somewhere that he had a slight knee sprain.

Bird Law 02-10-2007 07:41 AM

Probably traded for Bryan Smolinski.

Dagoon44 02-10-2007 07:43 AM

He yet again is not 100%.He has a knee sprain and told the team 7-10 days off. It has been about a week, I love Montoya but he seems a little JD'ish to me. Always something wrong with him

HAPPY HOUR 02-10-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 7994401)
He yet again is not 100%.He has a knee sprain and told the team 7-10 days off. It has been about a week, I love Montoya but he seems a little JD'ish to me. Also something wrong with him

If so he must of hurt the knee Feb 5 against Hershey.

HellasLEAF 02-10-2007 10:31 AM

About Montoya actually. Now you guys are actually in a very enviable position. You have a true franchise goalie in Henrick Lundqvist right now and he is only two seasons in the league.

Then you have a highly touted goalie which you drafted 6th overall in the first round in Montoya and he is looking good as well. Not to mention a good ol' American boy like Richter.

What I am asking is about next season. Realistically now, is Montoya at that stage in his development where he could come into camp and challenge for the number one spot or is Lundqvist still very much the guy here and Montoya may get the backup job if lucky.

In Toronto we have Raycroft a good young goalie that is playing very well for us. This is the first year of a 3 year contract for him. But, we also have Justin Pogge on the Marlies who is by all accounts considered the future/franchise goalie for us. He may come in and challenge next season but it's only his first year in the AHL so it's unlikely.

What's the situation in NYR??

SML 02-10-2007 10:41 AM

Is it me or does Montoya seem a bit on the fragile side? He always seems to be out for some reason or another.

nrf83 02-10-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 7995273)
Is it me or does Montoya seem a bit on the fragile side? He always seems to be out for some reason or another.

Yeah, I was thinking that myself. Broken finger, concussion, seperated sholder, and now a knee tweak This is not good. If he cannot play major minutes, he is regulated to backup status, and all the posters that regularly trade Alvaro are going to be screwed:)

SML 02-10-2007 12:18 PM

Ultimately I don't see he and Henrik both being able to play here at the same time. One of them has got to go or the other will just leave. I would try to lock Lundqvist up long term and then see what the market is for Montoya. At some point they are going to have to call this kid up though. Weekes hasn't played since what, Xmas? Even if we get in the playoffs, Lundqvist is going to be out of gas at this rate. I'm really leaning towards trading this kid sooner than later, but it would be nice to at least see the goods on display before we sell them away.

nrf83 02-10-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SML (Post 7996238)
Ultimately I don't see he and Henrik both being able to play here at the same time. One of them has got to go or the other will just leave. I would try to lock Lundqvist up long term and then see what the market is for Montoya. At some point they are going to have to call this kid up though. Weekes hasn't played since what, Xmas? Even if we get in the playoffs, Lundqvist is going to be out of gas at this rate. I'm really leaning towards trading this kid sooner than later, but it would be nice to at least see the goods on display before we sell them away.

What's the rush, with his history of injuries and no NHL experience NYR get bupkes for him. Let him develop at the "A" and maybe next year as back up to Henrik and see what happens. BTW Henrik has been pretty erratic this year, so lets watch this development also. I really want NYR to make playoffs as I want to see what Henrik can do in SC competition. Last year he was hurt with JJ and not a real test.;)

Osminator 02-10-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Prescription (Post 7994396)
Probably traded for Bryan Smolinski.

ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :biglaugh: effin hillarious.. and scary too...