HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Garon in nets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34315)

habsfan11 12-08-2003 08:25 AM

Garon in nets
 
and juneau is out again

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?...n&sport=#92666

Darz 12-08-2003 08:28 AM

Kinda of surprised that Garon didn't play one of the Carolina games and Theo play tonight against Philly. Ah well, Garon will shut em down!!!!

habsfan19 12-08-2003 08:31 AM

yes Garon will shut'em down

Theo needs a break now I guess, against the best in the East but that's ok, we know Garon is an excellent backup, sort of like Manny Legace in Detroit, you can rely on your backup
some teams cannot

Bob Bastards 12-08-2003 08:31 AM

Nothing to be scare of, Garon know how to handle the pressure. This is why I will always be agains trading one of Garon or Theo, its such a commodity to have two great goalie...

PrairieHabber 12-08-2003 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Kinda of surprised that Garon didn't play one of the Carolina games and Theo play tonight against Philly. Ah well, Garon will shut em down!!!!

I expect that as well. Does anyone know if Theodore has a particularly poor career record against the Flyers? My guess is it's not great since the Habs have had more bad years than good ones against Philly since they traded LeClair. Even Roy seldom seemed to play very well against the Flyers.

Teezax 12-08-2003 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieHabber
I expect that as well. Does anyone know if Theodore has a particularly poor career record against the Flyers? My guess is it's not great since the Habs have had more bad years than good ones against Philly since they traded LeClair. Even Roy seldom seemed to play very well against the Flyers.

Theo's numbers aginst the Flyers in the past two years are plain horrid. He's allowed 5-6 every outing, and if i recall correctly, while Roy was a HAB, HE also had sub par numbers against the Flyers. Good move putting in Garon tonight, i'd like to see what he brings to the table against the League's best team.

Marchy79 12-08-2003 11:41 AM

This is also a good way for the league to see what Garon's strengths are. If he plays a strong game against Philly, it only helps us because his value would definately be higher than playing the softer teams he has played (i.e. Columbus, washington)...
This guy could very well be the guy being shopped around (according to the Molson Man rumour) because of his age, and potential, he could get us some high return.

As for Theo playing in Carolina :handclap: He was stellar. The first game we were outplayed, and the second, he was NEARLY unbeatable (that shot that led to the Carolina goal was amazing... Not many goalies would of had that)

BTW it's very well possible, due to the fact that Michaud I think is not playing that badly in the ECHL, and Fichaud was very good in the game on Sportsnet yesterday (looked like the only guy who showed up)

JV 12-08-2003 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=Ghost # 1]This is also a good way for the league to see what Garon's strengths are. If he plays a strong game against Philly, it only helps us because his value would definately be higher than playing the softer teams he has played (i.e. Columbus, washington)...
This guy could very well be the guy being shopped around (according to the Molson Man rumour) because of his age, and potential, he could get us some high return.

[QUOTE]

I don't see Garon bringing back very much. Kiprusoff brought a second back, I believe. Garon's value would be in the same range: a good second round pick or a stalled prospect with some upside. The fact is, with what we have down in the minors, the chances of the team (and the organization) being improved by trading Garon are very slim. Theodore, on the other hand, would still get you a player....

Marchy79 12-08-2003 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=JV]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I don't see Garon bringing back very much. Kiprusoff brought a second back, I believe. Garon's value would be in the same range: a good second round pick or a stalled prospect with some upside. The fact is, with what we have down in the minors, the chances of the team (and the organization) being improved by trading Garon are very slim. Theodore, on the other hand, would still get you a player....


I feel differently about the Kiprusoff situation in San Jose than Garon's in Montreal. Kiprusoff has shown some downright torrid games in San Jose... and his stats never indicate that he's a consensus # 1 goalie in the future.

In Garon however, we are definately dealing at a higher strength now, as he has proven that he CAN shut down some stronger teams, he has not been embarrased in over 2 years, and the season the Bulldogs had last year had more to do with Garon than Conklin (who is also proving to be very good in Edmonton)... Before Garon was sent up to the NHL for good last year, Hamilton was literally unbeatable, after, they were still strong, but had a lot more grooves in the ice to the championship... Furthermore, I completely, wholeheartedly believe if Garon was in the minors during the playoff run, we would have won the Series against Houston at the end. Conklin for as good as he is, he is not as good as Garon...

smnhppu 12-08-2003 01:06 PM

Don't forget that there are many goalies in the NHL currently looking for a #1 job, and Garon is not a proven starter. He's done well, but has never had to deal with the pressure.

While I personally feel he'd be a great starter, it remains to be seen whether GMs around the league agree with me.

Could prove interesting.

KILLger 12-08-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smnhppu
Don't forget that there are many goalies in the NHL currently looking for a #1 job, and Garon is not a proven starter. He's done well, but has never had to deal with the pressure.

While I personally feel he'd be a great starter, it remains to be seen whether GMs around the league agree with me.

Could prove interesting.

He's still younger and better than Kipper.

montreal 12-08-2003 02:04 PM

Great news! Garon is one of my favorite players, and even though Theo has played well lately, I still want to see Garon play more. He's improved his game so much it's not even funny. I still remember a game against the Ducks, where Garon got shelled. He looked like junior goalie playing against NHLers. His angles were all off, he would drop to knees too soon, and just looked like he had no confidence whatsoever. But 2 years later and he looks so damn calm out there. Now he's very poised and for the most part he's been very good. I thought he looked a little shaky last game, but he hadn't played in a game in some time, so was a bit rusty.

I DO NOT know what will happen in the future with Garon, and if anyone DOES I'm all ears, but I do look forward to seeing what he can do, and playing against the top team in the east is a good test. He will need our defense to show up, but hopefully he does well along with the entire team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.