HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dec 8 GDT: Kings vs Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34320)

punchy1 12-08-2003 08:43 AM

Kings vs Wings thread 12/9/03

Kings have 14 wins

Wings have 15 wins

Kings are without Ally and Deader as well as Pirnes and Brown (maybe others)

Wings are without a few as well as Capt Stevie.

Who will win this match up?

I call it a tie at 2 - 2.

GO BOYS! BEAT THEM WINGS!

Kukla 12-08-2003 08:53 AM

The Kings have played quite well with all of the major injuries they have had. The Wings are without Hatcher, McCarty, Zetterberg, Holmstorm, and Yzerman. Whitney is going to try to go tonite after missing 10 games. Hasek in net for the Wings.

Your team has earned the respect of Wing fans and we always keep an eye on Luc, Avery and Max.

Wings need a victory and I see a game quite possibly going into OT and Hull scoring the game winner.

Frolov 12-08-2003 09:20 AM

Kings suck

Frolov sucks

Palffy and Straka suck

They all blow

Cechmanek will get lit up tonight.

Go Wings!

David A. Rainer 12-08-2003 09:41 AM

I've got a bad feeling about this one. I know we usually play Detroit tough, but it's the first game of a long road trip, we're coming off a couple of wins and played loose in a laugher over Washington. This team is poised for a massive let-down in another Jekyll and Hyde performance.

Old Hickory 12-08-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
I've got a bad feeling about this one. I know we usually play Detroit tough, but it's the first game of a long road trip, we're coming off a couple of wins and played loose in a laugher over Washington. This team is poised for a massive let-down in another Jekyll and Hyde performance.

Andy Murray did an amazing job the other night, calming down and re-focusing the team after a horrible start.
He'll need to remind the team to play 60 minutes worth of intense hockey if we stand a chance

LuckyLUC20 12-08-2003 10:30 AM

no predictions from me.. I just want a win and 2 points... that's all.

GO KINGS!

kingbrath 12-08-2003 11:13 AM

I feel that this is going to be one grea game, I wish I had the chance to watch it, I think the Kings will win this one mostly becuase of the play od Straka, Palffy and Frolov
should be an excellent game though
Kings 3 Detroit 2

P.S. Why is Stevie Y not playing tonight?

MotownMadman 12-08-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkwjr
The Kings have played quite well with all of the major injuries they have had. The Wings are without Hatcher, McCarty, Zetterberg, Holmstorm, and Yzerman. Whitney is going to try to go tonite after missing 10 games. Hasek in net for the Wings.

Your team has earned the respect of Wing fans and we always keep an eye on Luc, Avery and Max.

Wings need a victory and I see a game quite possibly going into OT and Hull scoring the game winner.

Crap! How did I forget about Lucky Luc?! S**t, I know he'll get a goal. It seems like everyone who used to play on the Wings (no matter how short a stint) always does well against us. Greg Johnson seemed to do well earlier this season when we played Nashville. And I don't think he has even a quarter of the goals that Luc has put up. But I'm still rooting for the Wings to leave with a W!

agentfouser 12-08-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brath
I feel that this is going to be one grea game, I wish I had the chance to watch it,

yeah, i'm going to have to rely on the vcr tonight (but that's a good thing, because i'll be playing). however, that may be a curse on our team, the only time in recent memory that they've won on a night that i taped them was last week v. dallas. hopefully that was the beginning of a new trend...

in any case, huge game tonight against a powerful team.

Old Hickory 12-08-2003 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navigator
yeah, i'm going to have to rely on the vcr tonight (but that's a good thing, because i'll be playing). however, that may be a curse on our team, the only time in recent memory that they've won on a night that i taped them was last week v. dallas. hopefully that was the beginning of a new trend...

in any case, huge game tonight against a powerful team.

Don't tape it then! :teach:

There is a 7:30 replay :yo:

agentfouser 12-08-2003 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Don't tape it then! :teach:

There is a 7:30 replay :yo:

oh, is there? nice. i'll watch the first half, go to my game, kick ass, come home and watch the second half. i have a sweet hockey-filled evening coming up.

Legionnaire 12-08-2003 02:46 PM

Booo!!!

Sydor25 12-08-2003 02:46 PM

Another bad goal...:eek:

Sydor25 12-08-2003 02:48 PM

You can get away with terrible goaltending against Washington, but not against the Red Wings.

Did no one tell Cechmanek the start time? :dunno:

Legionnaire 12-08-2003 02:52 PM

Booo!!! part 2

Sydor25 12-08-2003 02:52 PM

What was Miller doing on that play? He left a two-on-one against Modry in front of the net? Who was the winger on that side?

I don't see a come back against the Red Wings tonight. :mad:

2-0 Wings

Legionnaire 12-08-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25
Did no one tell Cechmanek the start time? :dunno:

Cechmanek is in net? I could have sworn that we weren't playing with a goaltender tonight.

Sydor25 12-08-2003 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Booo!!! part 2

It's going to be a long night. :mad:

Let me try this again:

[rant]
Why does it take another terrible start to get the Kings going? Why couldn't they see that the Red Wings were going to come out fighting to start the game? Did Andy have the Kings overconfident with his "Team vs. Players" speech? The Kings definitely didn't start the game as a "team".
[/rant]

Hopefully that will help. :D

Sydor25 12-08-2003 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Cechmanek is in net? I could have sworn that we weren't playing with a goaltender toningt.

Well. he's 0 for 2 against the Wings. Maybe the Kings should use 6 skaters. :dunno:

Legionnaire 12-08-2003 02:55 PM

It worked last time. :D

soya_sauce_chicken 12-08-2003 02:57 PM

question don't want to be jumped on as a troll since some of you know who my favorite team is. ;) your kings are playing awesome this year.. i just cruised on yahoo to check the scores and saw 2-0 Detroit. and i thought there is no way Chekmanek would have allowed that and saw it was off 2 shots.. 2 goal 2 shots...
is he injured or what? i'm asking this to people who are watching the game...
are some of the Kings key players injured.. ie d-men?
thanks

Sydor25 12-08-2003 03:02 PM

I'm not going to hold my breath, but the Kings PP needs to score right now.

Go Kings Go :handclap:

LuckyLUC20 12-08-2003 03:03 PM

come on Kings... score on the power play

Sydor25 12-08-2003 03:04 PM

Chelios needs to retire.

LuckyLUC20 12-08-2003 03:04 PM

Red Wing down. Chelios.