HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flames Fans-question For Ya (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=343358)

cgy#1faninvancouver 02-10-2007 07:55 PM

Flames Fans-question For Ya
 
As much as I love Mikka -Why doesn't Playfair allow McLennon to take penalty shots if the game goes into shootout?Mikka is trained perfectly for playoff hockey but lacks at shootouts and it would allow NOODLES to be more part of the team.
I don't know,it's just an idea.I could actually see Jamie coming in and doing the job-and it's something for him to look forward to.

Phaneufed 02-10-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgy#1faninvancouver (Post 8002286)
As much as I love Mikka -Why doesn't Playfair allow McLennon to take penalty shots if the game goes into shootout?Mikka is trained perfectly for playoff hockey but lacks at shootouts and it would allow NOODLES to be more part of the team.
I don't know,it's just an idea.I could actually see Jamie coming in and doing the job-and it's something for him to look forward to.

Miikka was pretty good in the shootout tonight. :teach:

Rudolf Yaber 02-10-2007 09:59 PM

Is McLennan good at shootouts?

gr8haluschak 02-10-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary (Post 8004622)
Miikka was pretty good in the shootout tonight. :teach:

well first he still lost and he was very lucky on the first shot as he was caught guessing and was able to jam Breire with the pad and the third one he made the right move interms of seeing that the Buffalo guy had his head down so he could throw the poke check but in reality how often doe sthat happen ?

As for putting Mclennan in for the shoot out why ? it makes no sense to put in a guy ice cold when he has very little time to get his skating legs under him.

FreshClean 02-11-2007 01:12 AM

Atlanta made that same mistake earlier in the season when they put Lehtonen in to replace Hedberg in the shooutout. Atlanta lost. Why? Lehtonen was hardly warmed up, was sitting on a bench for 65 minutes and was hardly stretched at all.

Rudolf Yaber 02-11-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshClean (Post 8008825)
Atlanta made that same mistake earlier in the season when they put Lehtonen in to replace Hedberg in the shooutout. Atlanta lost. Why? Lehtonen was hardly warmed up, was sitting on a bench for 65 minutes and was hardly stretched at all.

Oilers did the same last season with Markannen/Conklin. Lost that game too.

chriss_co 02-11-2007 10:23 AM

i thought of putting mclennan in before too.. but i figured the last thing you want to do is put the idea in kipper's mind that the team isn't confident with him in a shootout

frankly, i think its our entire team that sucks in the shootout.. we can't score in a shootout and we can't stop them either..

mac_82 02-11-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriss_co (Post 8011041)
frankly, i think its our entire team that sucks in the shootout.. we can't score in a shootout and we can't stop them either..

exactly. we aren't going to win many shootouts going 0/3 and expecting Kipper to stop all 3 shots.

terreur 02-11-2007 05:41 PM

I spoke with a goalie, and he told me that it could be really dangerous for a serious injury.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.