HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Brookbank Reassigned (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34358)

Joe T Choker 12-08-2003 12:15 PM

Brookbank Reassigned

for conditioning ;)

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?item_id=4063

Enoch 12-08-2003 12:40 PM

So has he cleared waivers yet?

Biggun35 12-08-2003 12:49 PM

Don't think he has to clear waivers if he voluntarily went for conditioning.

Samkow 12-08-2003 03:50 PM

Just sort of Curious, but what does Nashville see in Brookbank

smashviller 12-08-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggun35
Don't think he has to clear waivers if he voluntarily went for conditioning.

well I hope he sees a lot of ice, I sure wish we would play him here. I think that we need to send Toots to Milwaukee where he can develop instead of giving him little ice time on an unproductive line.

triggrman 12-08-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
Just sort of Curious, but what does Nashville see in Brookbank

One of the meanest best young fighters in the game.

SmokeyClause 12-08-2003 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
One of the meanest best young fighters in the game.

Not only that, but he's big and could develop into a hard hitting/enforcer/6th Dman.

Hossa 12-08-2003 06:56 PM

Jacques Martin, one of the better judges of talent in the league, thought Brookbank had the talent and intelligence to be a very good third pairing d-men. Martin has made minor league journeymen like Lance Pitlick and Shane Hnidy into serviceable defencemen, and Brookbank was kind of his new pet project.

Zoo 12-08-2003 07:33 PM

It is no secret,ottawa will pick up brookbank when he is made available
muckler and martin had high hopes for this guy.

HyperSniper 12-09-2003 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALF11
It is no secret,ottawa will pick up brookbank when he is made available
muckler and martin had high hopes for this guy.

No Doubt, right?

The Preds are doing all they can to hold on to him.

triggrman 12-09-2003 07:12 AM

If his speed picks up he will be a force, especially with that mean streak.

Joe T Choker 12-09-2003 08:15 AM

http://tennessean.com/sports/predato...nt_ID=43815566

wow the coaches are seeing what we're seeing Jordin

tulsytrid1 12-09-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
If his speed picks up he will be a force, especially with that mean streak.

Agreed I think we may have found a legit enforcer who doesn't kill us in the skating department.

SensGod 12-09-2003 09:06 AM

DAMNIT! I saw this on the TSN ticker last night and got all excited.

The Sens have first dibs on him if he does get sent down/waivers.

Smart move by the Preds to put him on a "conditioning stint" so he doesn't have to clear waivers...

...damn predators! Smart move...;)

Is there a limit to how long he can be down there for?

Radulov for Czar* 12-09-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
DAMNIT! I saw this on the TSN ticker last night and got all excited.

The Sens have first dibs on him if he does get sent down/waivers.

Smart move by the Preds to put him on a "conditioning stint" so he doesn't have to clear waivers...

...damn predators! Smart move...;)

Is there a limit to how long he can be down there for?

How do the Sens get first dibs? I doubt Brookbank would last to them since the worst team has waiver priority correct? :dunno:

SensGod 12-09-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey
How do the Sens get first dibs? I doubt Brookbank would last to them since the worst team has waiver priority correct? :dunno:

He was taken from the Sens. They get first crack at him.

Hossa 12-09-2003 09:24 AM

Quote:

Any player taken in the waiver draft can not be sent down by the rules and inten of the draft. If he is, the team who originally had him and lost him, gets the first claim, then the otrder goes naturally.

Brodeur 12-09-2003 09:29 AM

Quote:

Just to provide a couple examples....the last two times I can remember this happening. Pittsburgh took Nolan Baumgartner from the Canucks at the draft, played him for a few games then waived him. Canucks picked him back up. A couple years ago, Carolina took Josh Holden from the Canucks, played him for about a month, waived him, and the Canucks took him back.

Up to about a month into the season, normal waiver priority is determined by last year's standings. After that, it's based on current records at the given time of the waiver claim.

Radulov for Czar* 12-09-2003 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hossa
Any player taken in the waiver draft can not be sent down by the rules and inten of the draft. If he is, the team who originally had him and lost him, gets the first claim, then the otrder goes naturally.

Ok thanks, I didn't know that was how it works...

HyperSniper 12-09-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur
Just to provide a couple examples....the last two times I can remember this happening. Pittsburgh took Nolan Baumgartner from the Canucks at the draft, played him for a few games then waived him. Canucks picked him back up. A couple years ago, Carolina took Josh Holden from the Canucks, played him for about a month, waived him, and the Canucks took him back.

Up to about a month into the season, normal waiver priority is determined by last year's standings. After that, it's based on current records at the given time of the waiver claim.

And and example that hits home for Preds fans...last year we picked up Francois Bouillion from Mtl...waived him after 8 games and Mtl. reclaimed him.

But, I'd much rather have Brookbank.

Radulov for Czar* 12-09-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperSniper
And and example that hits home for Preds fans...last year we picked up Francois Bouillion from Mtl...waived him after 8 games and Mtl. reclaimed him.

But, I'd much rather have Brookbank.

So how long does Ottawa take presidence? Til the end of the season or what?

HyperSniper 12-09-2003 10:43 AM

Quote:

Now that I don't know.

Hossa 12-09-2003 12:35 PM

Quote:

It's for the rest of the year. If Nashville sends him down, and we dont' claim him (highly unlikely), we probably lose precedence.

Radulov for Czar* 12-09-2003 01:00 PM

Then I hope we don't send him down (for anything other than conditioning!) Any word on how long or how many conditioning stints one can take?

Hossa 12-09-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

Then I hope we don't send him down (for anything other than conditioning!) Any word on how long or how many conditioning stints one can take?

It's only supposed to be one.