HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sheldon Souray in the flesh - an exclusive video interview (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=343877)

Megaforce 02-11-2007 07:39 PM

Sheldon Souray in the flesh - an exclusive video interview

On Friday my brother JD, myself and Jenny K went up to Sheldon Souray's restaurant La Pizzeria Etc at 7303 Henri Bourassa East to interview the great NHL All Star for our Montreal site Coolopolis.

Andrea, who runs the place, has some wicked recipes. His father was a four star chef and his mom cooks unforgettable cakes for the restaurant. Andrea is a splendid guy who didn't shy to get Sheldon into the kitchen to help make the pizza. We all sat and ate it and chit chatted, it was the best meal I've had in a long time.

Jenny K asked Sheldon a lot of unexpected questions about his wife, daughter, feelings about hockey and what he's doing with a restaurant. Souray is a simple, straightforward, very authentic and unpretentious guy.

So please check out the interview, it's at our Montreal site coolopolis, hope you enjoy.

LamborGREENie 02-11-2007 07:43 PM

Nice stuff, congrats on being in the presence of Sheldy.

ROCKZO 02-11-2007 07:57 PM

she wants to **** him

ROCKZO 02-11-2007 07:59 PM

haha .. Shelly .. feminine

habsprospects 02-11-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roen (Post 8019504)
she wants to **** him

+1

Renholder 02-11-2007 08:04 PM

Pretty cute and all. But jesus, she asked some silly silly questions. Anyhoo, Sheldon's a pretty cool guy and kept his composure.:biglaugh:

Astaroth 02-11-2007 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50 (Post 8019584)
+1

She was really akwardly funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renholder (Post 8019607)
Pretty cute and all. But jesus, she asked some silly silly questions. Anyhoo, Sheldon's a pretty cool guy and kept his composure.:biglaugh:

Seriously, she was cute but her flow was dubious.

Quiet Robert 02-11-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

she wants to **** him

Ha, true. She was was probably nervous because of that. "When the red light goes off, just give me your number."

He seems like a great guy though, really down to earth but with a feminine side. :D

hockey_nut 02-11-2007 08:17 PM

good stuff... although, some advice... when interviewing players, don't hit on them when the camera is on

Rushin Joo 02-11-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

she wants to **** him

Girl: "Every guy wants to be on your skates and every girl wants to be on your stick"

Shelly: "well uhh, no, no thats just a, uh, urban legend. haha"

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

felixd 02-11-2007 09:09 PM

lol she really came onto him pretty strongly for an interview.

Overall good work though, it was definitely fun. Thanks for sharing :)

speed11 02-12-2007 08:05 AM

she's a complete donk....how shelly kept his composure is beyond me.

seb911 02-12-2007 08:42 AM

that girl looks like shes getting horny over souray, shes asking him dumb question MAN, i feel for souray, probably the worst interview he had to go through...

Phousse 02-12-2007 08:44 AM

That girl was god awful.

Not only were the questions downright stupid but she also cut him off a lot of the time. Never let her interview anyone again.

taylorguitars 02-12-2007 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_nut (Post 8019754)
good stuff... although, some advice... when interviewing players, don't hit on them when the camera is on

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: My thoughts exactly. Sheldon held it together pretty well, but you could kinda tell he felt a bit awkward. Worst part of the interview was her interrupting him mid sentence almost every question.

Megaforce 02-12-2007 09:38 AM

Part II in a few days

Thanks for the kind comments. Jenny came up with that persona after canvassing others for ideas for questions. Those questions were scripted well in advance. Apparently many consider Souray to be the ultimate male specimen.

I have a part II and even a part III that I'll eventually edit and post and alert you to, in which Souray opens up to Jenny about his childhood and speaks from the heart about the tiny town where he grew up in Alberta as well as the challenge and sacrifices he and his family made for him to get to the NHL.

As for the haters, I asked Souray off camera about the tendency of some hockey fans to be hyper critical and negative. He doesn't believe that this helps the team.

I'll try to go over some of the most interesting stuff from that day during my radio chat with Picard tonight on Team 990 at 10:25 pm.
-Kristian

caseygraves 02-12-2007 09:54 AM

Well now I know what restaurant to go to when visiting Montreal...

And I'll begin searching for photos of Sheldon's ex...

Habsfan18 02-12-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbo-Nation (Post 8024278)
That girl was god awful.

Not only were the questions downright stupid but she also cut him off a lot of the time. Never let her interview anyone again.

:biglaugh: agreed.

YOUTH OF HABS 02-12-2007 12:20 PM

I'd hit it.

habsprospects 02-12-2007 12:23 PM

I thought that thread had been closed :huh:

GoneAway 02-12-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50 (Post 8027289)
I thought that thread had been closed :huh:

They took out the nudity from the blog

bazz 02-12-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaforce (Post 8024737)
Thanks for the kind comments. Jenny came up with that persona after canvassing others for ideas for questions. Those questions were scripted well in advance. Apparently many consider Souray to be the ultimate male specimen.

I have a part II and even a part III that I'll eventually edit and post and alert you to, in which Souray opens up to Jenny about his childhood and speaks from the heart about the tiny town where he grew up in Alberta as well as the challenge and sacrifices he and his family made for him to get to the NHL.

As for the haters, I asked Souray off camera about the tendency of some hockey fans to be hyper critical and negative. He doesn't believe that this helps the team.

I'll try to go over some of the most interesting stuff from that day during my radio chat with Picard tonight on Team 990 at 10:25 pm.
-Kristian

I enjoyed it. It was good to see Souray in a different light. Does he just sit off in the restaurant when he's not playing hockey or did you have to schedule an interview prior to going?

Emma 02-12-2007 12:42 PM

The interview is good but it's a bit frustrating that she won't let him finish a sentence...:dunno:

Team_Spirit 02-12-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruitopia (Post 8019789)
Girl: "Every guy wants to be on your skates and every girl wants to be on your stick"

Shelly: "well uhh, no, no thats just a, uh, urban legend. haha"

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That was weird..:biglaugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed11 (Post 8023967)
she's a complete donk....how shelly kept his composure is beyond me.

True.

habsprospects 02-12-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Chezz (Post 8027358)
They took out the nudity from the blog

that's not cool