HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT Sort Of: What other teams do you root for (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=343950)

HVPOLARBEARS19 02-11-2007 11:34 PM

OT Sort Of: What other teams do you root for

Sorry for the OT thread, but I was just curious what other teams you guys root for.
Obviously the Rangers are #1 by a lot, but are there any other teams you guys root for, as long as they're not playing us?

For me, it's usually any of the Canadian teams out of sheer tradition, mainly Calgary, and also LA (for Cammy and Kopitar), and Minnesota.

What about you guys?

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-11-2007 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 (Post 8022242)
Sorry for the OT thread, but I was just curious what other teams you guys root for.
Obviously the Rangers are #1 by a lot, but are there any other teams you guys root for, as long as they're not playing us?

For me, it's usually any of the Canadian teams out of sheer tradition, mainly Calgary, and also LA (for Cammy and Kopitar), and Minnesota.

What about you guys?

I root for the Sharks, Sens, Wild, Oilers, Avs, Canucks, Ducks

Choice 02-11-2007 11:45 PM

Weve had a bunch of these but for me, Sharks and the canadian teams

HVPOLARBEARS19 02-11-2007 11:50 PM

Sorry if we've had a bunch, I couldn't find any others. If a mod wants to close it that's fine.

nyrmessier011 02-11-2007 11:55 PM

avs, wings, calgary, edmonton

DontStaal 02-12-2007 12:02 AM

red wings.. since the days of the Russian 5

zacn 02-12-2007 12:02 AM

Wings, Senators

rickyrod 02-12-2007 12:09 AM

Edmonton, if the Rangers are out of it. I just couldn't do it last year because my hate for Peca knows no bounds.

lotus 02-12-2007 12:14 AM

Mostly Edmonton. Also sometimes Phoenix and Colorado. I'm still a Sakic and Roenick fan.

Oh and St.Louis sometimes but only cause they're super underdogs =p

Nothing in the east.

Radek27 02-12-2007 01:26 AM

Habs and Wild

Leprechaun 02-12-2007 01:59 AM

In the absence of anything else to go on, I generally just pull for the underdog.

CM Lundqvist 02-12-2007 02:27 AM

Blues: I don't know why, but I love all St. Louis sports teams. Maybe the Blues having "When The Saints Go Marching In" as their goal horn for all of those years drew me in. I still love scoring goals with them in the old EA NHL games and hearing it. :biglaugh:

Kings: Loved them since the Gretzky days. Love their jerseys - new and old - as well. Having a song from someone who said that "Short People Have No Reason" for their goal song is just great. :biglaugh:

Oilers: Another Gretzky team, my favorite of all of the Canadian teams. They have a great fanbase, and Rexall Place is probably pound for pound the loudest building in the league come playoff time. Would love to see a game there.

Sharks: Thornton and Marleau are two of my favorite active players. I like Carle as well. Wouldn't mind seeing Scott Hannan in a Ranger uniform.

Stars: Been a big Mike Modano fan since I was a kid. I loved their old uniforms, and loved the North Stars.

Avs: Joe Sakic is one of my top 5 all time favorites, and I STILL to this day regret not going over the top of Colorado and going all out for him. If we were going to lowball Messier, the least we could have done was made damn sure we got Sakic.

n8 02-12-2007 03:35 AM

I had a Sharks jacket when I was young. They were definitely the "cool" team back then. And now I live in the Bay Area. I also root for Minnesota as I was born there. As such, even though I like Mike Modano, I feel bitter towards Dallas. I used to like Ottawa a lot since they were such underdogs and I gained such satisfaction when the Islanders were the only team they could regularly beat. I liked the team they had a few seasons ago (right after they traded Ya$hin) but nowadays, it doesn't quite do it for me. I think lack of TV is to blame.

KINDA/SORTA-ish
If the Flames traded for Miroslav Satan, I might root for them out of pure amusement. Don't really like the teams in the Western Division. Atlanta has some cool players. My brother lives there so he's transferred his allegence to Marion Hossa and $10 hockey tickets.

edit: ok, if I had to pick a team from the Western Division, I'll go with the Blues. When the Saints go Marching In is catchy and "we want tacos" is priceless.

DON'T LIKE/HATE
Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Red Wings, Dallas

RangerBoy 02-12-2007 06:19 AM

I don't root for any other NHL teams.It's the Rangers or bust

Besides being a Ranger fan,I am a Yankee and Jet fan

Three teams-Rangers,Yankees and Jets...that's it

Chimp 02-12-2007 06:30 AM

I don't root that much for other teams, but I keep good track of my fellow Swedes in the other teams. As a biproduct, I also keep track of the other players in the other teams as well.

lotus 02-12-2007 06:56 AM

Actually when it comes to being a ranger fan, surprisingly enough i REALLY like Peter forsberg haha. Ever since i saw that 94 Olympic shootout goal he just had this badass confident attitude that you don't see often. http://youtube.com/watch?v=JaneYHFXB5c that goal.

KRM 02-12-2007 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimp (Post 8023621)
I don't root that much for other teams, but I keep good track of my fellow Swedes in the other teams. As a biproduct, I also keep track of the other players in the other teams as well.

Indeed :)

Right now I'm really excited over Joel Lundqvist's success in Dallas so they get more and more attention.

In The Flesh 02-12-2007 08:08 AM

Blackhawks - They've got a good young squad, especailly in a couple years!, Got to love their jerseys.

Kings - ever since they played colorado in the playoffs, and it went to 7 games, i hated colorado, with Roy, Sakic, and Forsberg. I loved Adam Deadmarsh on the Kings.

No one in the east.

Ola 02-12-2007 08:21 AM

Since growing up I've been diehard Wimbeldon and NYR fans. Life haven't been easy... ;)

One doesn't exist anymore and the other missed the PO's for 7 straight years...

Of the teams in the NHL, I always appricate a good trapping team like Minnesota.

Chimp 02-12-2007 08:52 AM

Now when pondering about it for a while, I guess Washington will be a team I will follow quite alot next season when Bäckström comes over. I'll be interesting to see what happens with that team in the future.

WhipNash27 02-12-2007 08:55 AM

I root for any team that can help the Rangers make the playoffs

Prucha25Graves988* 02-12-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 (Post 8022242)

What about you guys?

I must say it sounds crazy but I like "Philladelphia Flyers"., just mainly cause of the way they run there team which is with a North American style game and players. there just tough and rough and big and nasty and I like that.

Some other teams I root for areTampa ( Alot more when they had Khabibulin ),Edmonton and L.A Kings.

Finest 02-12-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 (Post 8024353)
I root for any team that can help the Rangers make the playoffs

lol as do I.

But other than that I like the Blackhawks, thats why i'm going tot he game on sunday :yo:

Stoney La Rock 02-12-2007 01:45 PM

Red Wings...and even though I don't officially root for them, I will 'fess up to owning a bunch of Blackhawks merchandise. What can I say. As my little girl puts it, we just love that "Indian guy." ;)

Evgeny Oliker 02-12-2007 01:54 PM

I used to be a big Avs fan, in the days of Forsberg, Sakic, Drury, Deadmarsh...wow, what a lineup they had back then! :yo:

Now I really like LA...Kopitar is a stud (if you have never seen him, YOU SHOULD) and the rest of their youngsters are very underrated...Cammalleri, Frolov, O'sullivan, Tukonen, Boyle, etc. I think they will be a top team in 2-4 years.