HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT - Nagy traded to the Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=344058)

HomaridII 02-12-2007 10:14 AM

OT - Nagy traded to the Stars

Mathias Tjarnqvist + a 1st round pick was the price.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=288916

hototogisu 02-12-2007 10:17 AM

OT - Nagy to Dallas

Nagy to Dallas for Mathias Tjarnqvist and a first round pick.

AlexMeth 02-12-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 8025103)
Mathias Tjarnqvist + a 1st round pick was the price.

Take Nagy off Bob's list...

Boris Le Tigre 02-12-2007 10:17 AM

1st pick...
and a servicable roster player... i guess bob isn't all that interested in Nagy... what do you think doan costs now?

THEREW 02-12-2007 10:18 AM

wasn't it Doan OR Nagy ? It tought it was only one of them who was being shopped ?...

Might be wrong

Garp 02-12-2007 10:18 AM

That's a steep price for an injury prone rental...

Darz 02-12-2007 10:19 AM

Well, I guess Gainey had to interesting in trading our first round pick for Nagy.....that or he has bigger fish to fry!!!

waffledave 02-12-2007 10:20 AM

He's just another Samsonov. I'm glad Bob knows better.

gusfring 02-12-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garp (Post 8025163)
That's a steep price for an injury prone rental...

Would not be suprised (if he plays well) to see him re-sign in Dallas.

Guys love playing and living in Dallas, plus money won't be a huge factor for them.

HomaridII 02-12-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 8025177)
Well, I guess Gainey had to interesting in trading our first round pick for Nagy.....that or he has bigger fish to fry!!!

According to Andy Strickland, who covers the Blues and who I really really trust, Gainey's priority list went something like this:

1. Forsberg
2. Guerin
3. Tkachuk
4. Doan

RE-HABS 02-12-2007 10:25 AM

That is a steep price to pay for Nagy as a rental

It looks like Forsberg is 2 1st rounders and a player/prospect price too reported by a couple of reporters now.

If that is the case I think it is too much, if Peter was to re-sign I would say do it, but 2 1st rounders and a younger player or prospect is way too much for a playoff push...if Detroit does trade for Forsberg the rumor is that Lang will be traded to the East for cap space, Montreal would be better off to go that route and send Perezhogin and a later pick for Lang to play with Kovalev.

Habitants 02-12-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 8025195)
According to Andy Strickland, who covers the Blues and who I really really trust, Gainey's priority list went something like this:

1. Forsberg
2. Guerin
3. Tkachuk
4. Doan

i like the looks of that list, although i would put Doan before Tkachuk and Guerin

1st for nagy i would not have done, so im glad he's gone

as for foppa, i think the price will be too high and gainey will not do it.
i want Doan, but i think ultimately we will end up with Guerin, but i hope it does not cost a first

Darz 02-12-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

1. Forsberg
2. Guerin
3. Tkachuk
4. Doan

Logically that makes sense, although I have a feeling that Gainey will not part with the ransom needed to secure Forsberg.

Also if servicable player plus first rounder gets you Nagy, I gotta believe the price for Doan is going to be considerabley higher.

I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I want Gainey to pull off a big trade. The future implications seem a little too high for rentals right now.

hototogisu 02-12-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 8025276)
I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I want Gainey to pull off a big trade. The future implications seem a little too high for rentals right now.

Especially the position we're at now. If we were still a clear 4th in the East like we were in December, I would have no problem with Gainey trading away what it would take to bring in Forsberg. Now, as much as Forsberg would help, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Catch-22 02-12-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 8025190)

:thumbu:

Whitesnake 02-12-2007 10:31 AM

Good deal for both teams. Obviously depending a lot on who the 1st choice will be, but knowing it's a deep draft of good but not extraordinary talent, Phoenix might have a good player nonetheless, Tjarnqvist, nothing more than a depth d-man....

But for Dallas, to get an offensive forward, something they need a lot ot go further....Might play with Mikey.....:D

But I'm glad we didn't go after him.

RE-HABS 02-12-2007 10:31 AM

Forsberg as a rental is too expensive and too risky. Why stock a team up with picks and prospects to maybe see Forsberg return there to play with your former prospects and picks the next season?

I say pass, there are other options out there.

I see the Hawks and Habs as partners with Aucoin and Smolinski in a package for Sammy another player like Perezhogin and late picks. A small adjustment trade, not a future costing mistake.

Catch-22 02-12-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

1. Forsberg
2. Guerin
3. Tkachuk
4. Doan

In other words, strength, grit and proven point getters. No more softies.

HomaridII 02-12-2007 10:36 AM

NHL link about Nagy stopped working!!!!!

Subban Fan 02-12-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

1. Forsberg
2. Guerin
3. Tkachuk
4. Doan

Do you have a link please??? I really like those names!!! Go Bob Go...:yo:

Stefan_Latulippe 02-12-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 8025190)

If he would have known better, he would have passed on Sammy (a NHL proven goal-scorer)......:sarcasm:

BLNY 02-12-2007 10:43 AM

I wouldn't lump Nagy in the same group as Sammy. Lad can play all the forward positions and has some size.

Keep in mind the draft this year is thin. Really thin. Anything out of the top 5 or so is going to be wide open. Dallas is strong this year, and will have a late pick. Tjarnqvist is a roster player, but not anyone of great importance. Merely a warm body. IMO Dallas gave up some quantity, but not a lot of quality.

As for the StL reporters feeling of Gainey's top 5 list, I'd much rather have Doan than either Blue. Sure, the price will be higher, but I think worth it. Guerin's and Tkachuk's attitudes have never impressed me.

Habs10Habs 02-12-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 8025355)
Forsberg as a rental is too expensive and too risky. Why stock a team up with picks and prospects to maybe see Forsberg return there to play with your former prospects and picks the next season?

I say pass, there are other options out there.

I see the Hawks and Habs as partners with Aucoin and Smolinski in a package for Sammy another player like Perezhogin and late picks. A small adjustment trade, not a future costing mistake.

I'm thinking the same way, I think the asking price for Forsberg will price him out of our range.

ChuckyToGally 02-12-2007 10:47 AM

We would probably have get him for Milroy and our 1st. I don't know if I would have do it. Not that I care about Milroy but the 1st... I don't know!

Bronn 02-12-2007 10:48 AM

Good

There was rumors of him coming to MTL and i'm glad that it won't happen now.