HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumors out of Tampa. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34415)

Traitor8 12-08-2003 02:30 PM

Rumors out of Tampa.

They're are reports that say the Lightning are looking for a defenseman, Roman Hamrlik's name came up but what do you guys think of us giving Craig Rivet away?

Alexander Svitov has again been sent down to Hamilton and it looks like he is in the dog house.

Would you do:

Rivet+500k cash
for
Svitov

I know Svitov is supposedly a sick prospect but he has been losing his magic lately and may turn out a bust...or it looks like he is like Hossa, no emotion out there, so ??

Agalloch 12-08-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
They're are reports that say the Lightning are looking for a defenseman, Roman Hamrlik's name came up but what do you guys think of us giving Craig Rivet away?

Alexander Svitov has again been sent down to Hamilton and it looks like he is in the dog house.

Would you do:

Rivet+500k cash
for
Svitov

I know Svitov is supposedly a sick prospect but he has been losing his magic lately and may turn out a bust...or it looks like he is like Hossa, no emotion out there, so ??

Personnally, I don't think the Bolts will consider Svitov a lost cause, he still has a lot of upside, so Rivet for him. It's not enough IMO.

SuperUnknown 12-08-2003 02:41 PM

Tampa wants an offensive dman (according to those rumors).

Agalloch 12-08-2003 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smail
Tampa wants an offensive dman (according to those rumors).

Rivet can score a lot a points against his own team.. thats not good enough??? :p

The n00b King ©* 12-08-2003 02:55 PM

i recall hearing that jim tortorella said:"let him go ROT in the minors.." i wonder what exactly he meant by that...

Dutchy 12-08-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
i recall hearing that jim tortorella said:"let him go ROT in the minors.." i wonder what exactly he meant by that...

He claimed he didn't like his work ethics.

Patty Roy 12-08-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Would you do:

Rivet+500k cash
for
Svitov

Of course i would make that trade...but i read somewhere that the Islanders wanted Svitov (possibly in a package) for Hamrlik and TB wasn't interested. If TB wont trade Svitov for Hamrlik, they certainly wouldn't trade him for Rivet.

goalchenyuk 12-08-2003 05:49 PM

Quote:

Would you do:

Rivet+500k cash
for
Svitov

komisarek8 , you have to give , if you want to receive ...Svitov is still young and have a great potential .Rivest is going really nowhere this year and have a big contract.If you want a prospect like Svitov , start with Hainsey !

( you don't like that one , don't you ? )

habitants9_4 12-08-2003 05:53 PM

Tampa would want...

Hainsey and Rivet for Svitov and a pick or a mediocre prospect

leafaholix* 12-09-2003 03:35 AM

Why would Tampa take on Craig's contract?

habitants9_4 12-09-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Why would Tampa take on Craig's contract?

Because they need help on defense.

H3ro 12-09-2003 02:28 PM

John Tortorella au sujet de Alexander Svitov, cédé aux Bulldogs de Hamilton : « Qu’il aille « pourrir » dans les ligues mineures. Il ne mérite pas mieux pour son manque d’effort. »

scosar 12-10-2003 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Tampa would want...

Hainsey and Rivet for Svitov and a pick or a mediocre prospect

Actually after watching the game live on Sunday I was thinking about how we have a bunch of prospects on the wing and very few centers let alone large centers. (assuming Hossa is considered a winger).

Svitov was taken 3rd overall I believe so I doubt Tampa are ready to just give him away yet. I would imagine it would take Hainsey and one of our second tier forward prospects Ferland/Milroy.

I like Hainsey but it might not be so bad to trade from strength for a weakness. I would have to watch Svitov more than I have seen him, but I guess Jarvis is in the perfect position to make that recommendation.

EquabaleAce 12-10-2003 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scosar
Actually after watching the game live on Sunday I was thinking about how we have a bunch of prospects on the wing and very few centers let alone large centers. (assuming Hossa is considered a winger).

Svitov was taken 3rd overall I believe so I doubt Tampa are ready to just give him away yet. I would imagine it would take Hainsey and one of our second tier forward prospects Ferland/Milroy.

I like Hainsey but it might not be so bad to trade from strength for a weakness. I would have to watch Svitov more than I have seen him, but I guess Jarvis is in the perfect position to make that recommendation.

we aren't exactly strong at defence in the minors.

once traverse and dykhuise leave, you are left with 5 d men
right now they are hainsey, beauchman, cote, archer and plante
also quintall will probably be gone next year so a spot for hainsey will open up (on sunday he was playing the right side so i assume he will fit there)
that leaves 4 d men in the ahl 7 in the nhl
we might get 1 or mabye even 2 guys comming over from europe and junior to crack the bulldogs so that will put us up to 6 in the ahl

if we were to trade hainsey, we definetly would have a shortage of d men in the farm that are nhl ready and the big team

so i would like to move mabye hossa and ferland/milroy for svitov, although i think that may not be enough

Guy Caballero 12-10-2003 06:17 AM

Why does everyone want Svitov? He's recently been raked over the coals for being lazy and apathetic. I'd rather not give up a prospect for a guy like that.

L4br3cqu3 12-10-2003 08:29 AM

Has Svitov played with Perezhogin in Hamilton ? If so, how were they looking ? Any kind of chemistry ?

That's a fact that we aren't particularily strong at center, with the exception of Higgins and perhaps Urquhart. Svitov is big, strong and mean, plays good defense with a developping scoring touch, and is russian, something that perhaps *could* help Perez btw.

On D, if we get Svitov for, say Hainsey, then the next draft they will probably take a D-Man. Who knows ? There are alot of AHL caliber Dmen available, and they cost next to nothing, so I don't think there will be problems with Hamilton.

Not that I think Hainsey alone could fetch him. Hossa or Rivet could do the job. Young developping 2nd/3rd liner or a veteran D who needs a change of scenery, imo. We could pay half of Rivet salary, and I think it would be right.

That's my opinion.