HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hainsey vs Bouillon. Komisarek vs RD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34416)

Traitor8 12-08-2003 02:34 PM

Hainsey vs Bouillon. Komisarek vs RD

This is pure garbage.

Bouillon has 1 pt and a -3 in 28 games and he is 28 yrs old, he already hit his top potentiel and he is small so even when he hits, it isn't going to be that bad for the other guy.

Hainsey has 2 pts in 11 games and is a +3. He is only 22 yrs old and is 6'3, he has the potentiel to be a PP Qb and top 4 defenseman.

This is NONE SENSE! Hainsey should play!!!

Komisarek vs Rivet,Quintal

Komisarek is way steadier and is potentiel is #1 Defenseman!

What THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING, A guy who was once compared to Pronger,Stevens playing Forward????

We are killing our prospects!

They are 2 guys that are ready to take full time jobs RIGHT NOW!

Agalloch 12-08-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
This is pure garbage.

Bouillon has 1 pt and a -3 in 28 games and he is 28 yrs old, he already hit his top potentiel and he is small so even when he hits, it isn't going to be that bad for the other guy.

Hainsey has 2 pts in 11 games and is a +3. He is only 22 yrs old and is 6'3, he has the potentiel to be a PP Qb and top 4 defenseman.

What THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING, A guy who was once compared to Pronger,Stevens playing Forward????

well, for Hainsey, how do you know he is ready to play? Maybe he thinks too hot of himself in the dressing room... we just don't know, and I think Bouillon was playing better than him at the time they sended Hainsey down. And for Komi, I think he's here to stay, last game they had no choice to put him on forward. They are trying to trade a rightie, (well... at least they should).

gohabsgo2010 12-08-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly. Bouillon may have the grit and determination, but I'm afraid his heart is much bigger than his brain.

People like to talk about how well he moves the puck out of the zone, makes the outlet pass, etc. This drives me nuts. Have any of these Bouillon lovers ever watched Ron Hainsey play? He's pure skill, and has more pure offensive talent than Markov.

Little Frankie B, love his heart and those guts, but the fact that he couldn't crack the Preds roster after we waived him all but tells me that there is no reason for him to be playing over Komisarek and Hainsey.

Maxhab 12-08-2003 02:46 PM

Quote:

This is pure garbage.

I agree Hainsey should be playing ahead of Boullion. I find it funny when people say Boullion should play insted of Hainsey because Hainsey was making mistakes, well show me a rookie dman who doesent make mistakes. Boullion is 28 very small and has very limited skill, theres no reason Hainsey shouldent be playing in Montreal ahead of him, the fact Boullion plays on the PP is also a joke, he has a weak shot and cant make nice passes unlike Hainsey.

Patty Roy 12-08-2003 03:57 PM

Andrei Markov-Patrice Brisebois
Sheldon Souray-Mike Komisarek
Ron Hainsey-Craig Rivet

Sure, why not. :D

goalchenyuk 12-08-2003 06:15 PM

Quote:

This is pure garbage.

if you considere that the canadian have a really unexpected start season , and had putting a big number of goals at that time , It is normal that the stats of Hainsey are better than the one of Bouillon .It is more easy , also , to play when the team is leading by 4-1 .
But once the team started to be unable to scored the play of Hainsey was not efficient .
Haisey is a good prospect , but he still have to learn ; don't be too hight on him ...i think that you see him bigger than he was with the big club...

goalchenyuk 12-08-2003 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxhab
I agree Hainsey should be playing ahead of Boullion. I find it funny when people say Boullion should play insted of Hainsey because Hainsey was making mistakes, well show me a rookie dman who doesent make mistakes. Boullion is 28 very small and has very limited skill, theres no reason Hainsey shouldent be playing in Montreal ahead of him, the fact Boullion plays on the PP is also a joke, he has a weak shot and cant make nice passes unlike Hainsey.

yes , there is a reason why Bouillon is playing ahead of Hainsey :it is the aknowledgement , the experience and the competence of the hockey men like Gainey , Julien and Savard , who know a lot more the game than us

Marchy79 12-08-2003 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
yes , there is a reason why Bouillon is playing ahead of Hainsey :it is the aknowledgement , the experience and the competence of the hockey men like Gainey , Julien and Savard , who know a lot more the game than us

I thik it had to do with the interview Hainsey had with Gainey... I believe it was a Red Fisher article of a sit down talk with Gainey... Him and Hossa did not fare to well in the interviews.

Hainsey though... I completely agree that he should be here instead of Frankie... :handclap: He has to me completely proved he can withstand the NHL level... The points will come with time... And at this point, he has enough skill to be at least competent in the NHL level. I like to hear he is Cocky. Hollywood Hainsey... :yo:
Perhaps it'll drive him enought to be the best he can be, Cause Hollywood works 2 ways... Rather he's OVER_CONFIDENT... or he's a Star.

Team_Spirit 12-08-2003 10:34 PM

Bouillon won his spot earlier this year and never looked back , until he struggles he'll play for the Habs . The fact that he see PP time is pathetic IMO but he's good 5 on 5 deliver good bodycheks and he fight ! 3 time this year , more than any Habs except Langdon .

Crap like Juneau , Audette and Rivet played ahead of talented youngster all year long so we won't bench a good element to let play Hainsey .

Team_Spirit 12-08-2003 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I like to hear he is Cocky. Hollywood Hainsey... :yo:
Perhaps it'll drive him enought to be the best he can be, Cause Hollywood works 2 ways... Rather he's OVER_CONFIDENT... or he's a Star.

He his not really cocky , this nickname came from his look and lifestyle IMO

EquabaleAce 12-08-2003 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx
well, for Hainsey, how do you know he is ready to play? Maybe he thinks too hot of himself in the dressing room... we just don't know, and I think Bouillon was playing better than him at the time they sended Hainsey down. And for Komi, I think he's here to stay, last game they had no choice to put him on forward. They are trying to trade a rightie, (well... at least they should).

i think gainey banished hainsey to the minors because of his cockyness.
mabye riding the bus for a while will get him to shape up so he will get serious about his career

Naoned 12-09-2003 02:18 AM

Our expectations are way too high IMO: we expect our prospects to be immediately productive. Last year, for at least 4-5 months, Bouwmeester stats were bad. he racked up limited points. But the Florida management did not bench him. he improved, and is now one of the best if not the best D-man they've got. I'm not saying Hainsey and Komo are as talented as J-Bo is, but I'm sure that with more ice-time, they would improve faster and become rapidly better than Bouilon will never be.

Darz 12-09-2003 03:19 AM

I think too many habs fans look at Komi and Hainsey with rose coloured glasses. Hainsey has looked like he has taken that next step towards a regular NHL job, but still has to work on things to reach his final goal. In his stint with Montreal early this season, he honestly didn't really look better than any other dman out there. As for Komisarek, I think he is a little closer to being here full time. He still gets caught out of position a little too much, and needs to become a little more patient and confident carring the puck. I question wether Montreal or Hamilton is the better place for him to work on this.

Mike8 12-09-2003 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I think too many habs fans look at Komi and Hainsey with rose coloured glasses. Hainsey has looked like he has taken that next step towards a regular NHL job, but still has to work on things to reach his final goal. In his stint with Montreal early this season, he honestly didn't really look better than any other dman out there. As for Komisarek, I think he is a little closer to being here full time. He still gets caught out of position a little too much, and needs to become a little more patient and confident carring the puck. I question wether Montreal or Hamilton is the better place for him to work on this.

I don't know about that. I find Komisarek's play with the puck very strong. Last night against the Flyers, he moved up to the neutral zone and even carried it into the Flyers zone on a few occasions. He made several crisp passes and kept to Julien's system of moving it up along the boards unless he telegraphed a 'perfect' pass cross-ice (eg. his pass which sprung Sundstrom; incredible pass).

I think outlet passing has been Komisarek's strongest attribute on this callup. With that said, I agree his positioning has left some to be desired, his timing and how he hits needs to be worked on, as well as his mobility and adjustment to NHL speed. Roenick caught him flat-footed and that shouldn't have happened in that situation.

Hainsey is further from the NHL. He hasn't kept some fundamentals down, such as keeping himself in front of his man and between his man and the goalie. Hainsey struggles along the boards and even in the AHL game we saw over the weekend, he had trouble containing opponents on the boards. This desperately needs improvement in his game IMO.

scosar 12-09-2003 03:57 AM

Quote:

I have been one of the biggest proponents of playing Hainsey over Bouillon. Defencemen are not like forwards. A guy like Dagenais can get promoted and play ok and score a few goals. Very few if any young dmen step up from the minors and fit right in. The NHL is a different speed than the AHL and rookie dmen have to learn through their own mistakes. If we don't play Hainsey and Komisarek this year we are just postponing their learning curve. Like one of the other posters said. J-Bo didn't light the league on fire when he first came up. But Florida played him and allowed him to make and learn from his mistakes. We have two young stud defencemn. Maybe one maybe both of them turn out to be duds. We need to play them and let them learn before we find out.

eddy 12-09-2003 04:03 AM

Quote:

This is pure garbage.

Totally agreed I gotta give Boullion credit he's so small but he plays with more heart than any or most guys on the team and he could teach alot of guys on the team a lesson about how to play with determination, but he is 28 and Hainsey is down in Hamilton when he should be up playing in the big leagues where he does have better stats then Boullion. We should send Boullion down and just keep him as a researve D-man. As for Komisarek he should be in to we gotta move some Defence out or do somthing but our prospects have to play especially when there doing a good job when given the chance to play.

Habsaku 12-09-2003 05:02 AM

First of all, Bouillon checked 6'5" Primeau twice yesterday.

Second, I like Hainsey and his style of play but watching him in Hamilton convinced me he should stay there at least for 2-3 months. Not because he struggles, quite the opposite. In a game where the team didn't show up, he was the best player on the ice and made some good rushes. Let him dominate the AHL and management will be obligated to call him up.

habsfan19 12-09-2003 05:28 AM

Bouillon earned his spot on the team and Hainsey played his way to the minors

Hainsey will be back when he's ready, the talent is there and he has a lot more talent than Bouillon, he's just not mature enough yet, doesn't have enough experience sounds better, eventually he'll take Bouillon's spot

as for Komo, I hope he is here to stay, they're gradually getting him ice time, i guess its better that way, start off with less ice time, prove yourself, he's not ready to be playing when the games are close at the end of the 3rd period, but like Hainsey, he will be ready for this eventually as well

scosar 12-09-2003 05:59 AM

[QUOTE=habsfan19]Bouillon earned his spot on the team and Hainsey played his way to the minors

Hainsey will be back when he's ready, the talent is there and he has a lot more talent than Bouillon, he's just not mature enough yet, doesn't have enough experience sounds better, eventually he'll take Bouillon's spot

That's hilarious. What games were you watching that Hainsey played his way back to the minors. He played a reasonable game for a rookie defenceman. Showed flashes of skill and made mistakes no worse than the vets were making. Then he sat for 5 games in a row. If he spends the year in Hamilton, at this time next year (when hopefully we are a better team) he will still be making rookie mistakes, like all young defencemen (remember Markov had a long learning curve with posters on here calling for his head until he turned it around). I'd rather see Hainsey make his mistakes and learn this year. If he doesn't get better then at least we know and can prepare by trading/drafting another defenceman.

habsfan19 12-09-2003 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=scosar]
Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan19
Bouillon earned his spot on the team and Hainsey played his way to the minors

That's hilarious. What games were you watching that Hainsey played his way back to the minors. He played a reasonable game for a rookie defenceman. Showed flashes of skill and made mistakes no worse than the vets were making. Then he sat for 5 games in a row. If he spends the year in Hamilton, at this time next year (when hopefully we are a better team) he will still be making rookie mistakes, like all young defencemen (remember Markov had a long learning curve with posters on here calling for his head until he turned it around). I'd rather see Hainsey make his mistakes and learn this year. If he doesn't get better then at least we know and can prepare by trading/drafting another defenceman.

i'm just saying that Bouillon earned his spot on the team by playing better than Hainsey, Hainsey can develop somewhat in the minors

i know the vets make the same mistakes, but the team aren't going to send the vets to the minors
it's easier to send Hainsey to Hamilton than other guys

Darz 12-09-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scosar
I have been one of the biggest proponents of playing Hainsey over Bouillon. Defencemen are not like forwards. A guy like Dagenais can get promoted and play ok and score a few goals. Very few if any young dmen step up from the minors and fit right in. The NHL is a different speed than the AHL and rookie dmen have to learn through their own mistakes. If we don't play Hainsey and Komisarek this year we are just postponing their learning curve. Like one of the other posters said. J-Bo didn't light the league on fire when he first came up. But Florida played him and allowed him to make and learn from his mistakes. We have two young stud defencemn. Maybe one maybe both of them turn out to be duds. We need to play them and let them learn before we find out.

I agree with alot of your points, but I don't think that playing some NHL games and then going to Hamilton to work on some specifics is nessessarily a bad thing. I don't think it is managements plan to have Hainsey in Hamilton all year, I think they probablely want him down there to work on a few things then bring him back up. I believe it is easier for Hainsey to work on things in Hamilton where he can play 20 or so minutes a game versus 8 minutes in Montreal.
I also beleive that management and the coaching staff are trying to get this team into the playoffs this season and are going to ice the team they feel gives them the best chance at doing that. You might disagree with that way of thinking (and it is easy to do as a fan), but remember your job isn't on the line based on this teams performance. I'm sure if your ability to earn a living was based on the habs performance you might look at things differently.

zurg999 12-09-2003 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=scosar]
Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan19

I think it's hilarious that you think you can run the team better than Gainey. We've all been watching the same games and Hainsey made some really ridiculous mistakes while he was in the lineup. He is where he needs to be right now - in Hamilton, gaining confidence and getting tons of ice time. Did you see the Bulldogs game last Sunday? Hainsey played a TON an played well for the most part. He also made a couple of really boneheaded plays, and I'm glad he's trying those things there and not here where it really counts.

I'd rather see the team get the points we need for the playoffs than play an inexperienced young defenseman who had a chance (and will get another) but didn't earn his way onto the roster.

mcphee 12-09-2003 08:10 AM

I don't think Hainsey had enough icetime for us to make much of a judgement. I suspect that he has been told what to work on, and his practice habits didn't impress anybody. I don't know this but I feel that the real story is in the conversations between the coaching staff and Gainey. The message on this team is clearly to buy into the team concept if you expect to play. They work on a player's weaknesses and if the player doesn't work on them, he'll have to go, esp. if financially possible. Remember what Gainey said in his initial press conference, 'we will help our players get better'. If they feel that a player isn't responding, well.....

Darz 12-09-2003 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee

O.K. if your posting, who is guarding the PREZTEL!!!!!!!!

Agalloch 12-09-2003 09:43 AM

Quote:

O.K. if your posting, who is guarding the PREZTEL!!!!!!!!

hehe, Maybe for the good of our habs, we should ban mcphee!!

Just kiddin. :D