HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Way ro go to frustrate a young player... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34445)

Bejay03 12-08-2003 04:12 PM

Way to go to frustrate a young player...

Just what are the flyers officials thinking? Calling up D. Seidenberg, who played very well for the Phantoms and scratching him healthy for two nights in a row? Great! If you want to frustrate someone, this is the way to do it. Trade him already so he can play somewhere he is appreciated.

John Flyers Fan 12-08-2003 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bejay03
Just what are the flyers officials thinking? Calling up D. Seidenberg, who played very well for the Phantoms and scratching him healthy for two nights in a row? Great! If you want to frustrate someone, this is the way to do it. Trade him already so he can play somewhere he is appreciated.

He was called up due to injury. Even if he doesn't play it's a reward.

For every game he's up (whether he plays or not) with the Flyers he's making at least double, if not triple what he makes with the Phantoms.

Bejay03 12-08-2003 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
He was called up due to injury. Even if he doesn't play it's a reward.

For every game he's up (whether he plays or not) with the Flyers he's making at least double, if not triple what he makes with the Phantoms.

Bah, if a player at this age is in it for the money, he is a sad person indeed. The youngsters want to play. methinks.

blah 12-08-2003 04:33 PM

The possibility of playing in an NHL game > playing in an AHL game.

John Flyers Fan 12-08-2003 04:34 PM

Quote:

Bah, if a player at this age is in it for the money, he is a sad person indeed. The youngsters want to play. methinks.

There was a very good chance he was going to play on Saturday, Johnsson, wasn't expected to be ready to play in Boston.

Also the Phantoms played Saturday and then don't play again until this Friday, so he's not missing games.

Steve L* 12-08-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
The possibility of playing in an NHL game > playing in an AHL game.

I dont know about you but playing at a lower level is better than watching a game at a higher level for me.

John Flyers Fan 12-08-2003 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
I dont know about you but playing at a lower level is better than watching a game at a higher level for me.

Flyers needed to bring a defenseman with them on the trip.

Slaney is hurt.

Phantoms have/had off from Sunday until Friday.

Steve L* 12-08-2003 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Flyers needed to bring a defenseman with them on the trip.

Slaney is hurt.

Phantoms have/had off from Sunday until Friday.

I dont deny that but the poster said that the possibility of playing an NHL game was better than playing an AHL game. I think thats wrong unless it could be your 1st NHL game.

Unthinkable 12-08-2003 05:36 PM

Is Therien hurt or was he a healthy scratch tonight?

Edit: nevermind. Just saw the post in the game thread regarding his back spasms.

John Flyers Fan 12-08-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Is Therien hurt or was he a healthy scratch tonight?

Back Spasms, he missed the end of the Phoenix game and didn't go on the roadtrip to Boston, Montreal, and Columbus.

stanley 12-08-2003 05:44 PM

Quote:

Bah, if a player at this age is in it for the money, he is a sad person indeed.

Yeah, I used to think the same way until the mortgage bill came...

Bejay03 12-08-2003 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Yeah, I used to think the same way until the mortgage bill came...

Wow, yeah, I really feel with you there. The hard life of the 21 year old house owners. Guess it must be a struggle to pay for the Porsche as well...

BrindA17 12-09-2003 03:17 AM

Quote:

Guess it must be a struggle to pay for the Porsche as well...

:lol:

stanley 12-09-2003 05:39 AM

Quote:

Wow, yeah, I really feel with you there. The hard life of the 21 year old house owners. Guess it must be a struggle to pay for the Porsche as well...

It's always amusing to watch somebody take a moral high stand when it comes to somebody else getting paid.

Dr Love 12-09-2003 05:43 AM

The Flyers are on a mini road trip with banged up defensemen, they need to have a fully healthy 7th dman with them.

Bejay03 12-09-2003 06:20 AM

Quote:

It's always amusing to watch somebody take a moral high stand when it comes to somebody else getting paid.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't mind you making tons of dough. I'd just rather that you stop whining about your mortage. If you worry about mortages at the age Seidenberg is, then you care more about money than about the game and that will never do. But this is getting of topic.

I don't think Seids is thinking about his acounts atm, but about two boring nights of wheel spinning.

stanley 12-09-2003 10:24 AM

Don't take it personally, but right about now, my wish would be for you to just go away. If you wanted to irritate me, you succeeded.

You started this topic. My reply was matter-of-fact: I once used to think wanting any money was for the greedy, but I believe differently now. I wrote it like I was sitting next to you on the bar stool. That you decided to take the tone you did really should be your problem, not mine. My fault was not writing "you misunderstood me" in the first place, but apologizing to every new poster gets a little old after awhile.

It's almost like there was nobody to aggravate or critique over at the O&B Board, so you thought you'd see what you could stir up over here.

oldfly 12-09-2003 10:37 AM

Quote:

It's almost like there was nobody to aggravate or critique over at the O&B Board, so you thought you'd see what you could stir up over here.

That board is going down the tubes fast. Too bad 'cuz I always liked Mike's efforts there.

blah 12-09-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't mind you making tons of dough. I'd just rather that you stop whining about your mortage. If you worry about mortages at the age Seidenberg is, then you care more about money than about the game and that will never do. But this is getting of topic.

I don't think Seids is thinking about his acounts atm, but about two boring nights of wheel spinning.

Exactly, it grows on trees so he doesn't have to worry about it. He makes his living off of hockey, so w/ that big pension he'll probably get after 40-50 years of playing he'll be able to retire and live comfortably.

Bejay03 12-09-2003 01:24 PM

@blah: Uhm, you do have an idea what an NHL player earns, right? They just might be able to put a couple of dollars aside for bad times.

@stanley: I am sorry if I offended you. I am no native speaker (uh writer really) so my tone might sound harsher than I actually mean it to be. I just meant to say that I believe Dennis to be more concerned about his career than about a couple of thousand bucks.

blah 12-09-2003 04:27 PM

The average or what a 2nd round pick gets for his first contract?

fisby 12-10-2003 03:12 AM

Its time play for the flyers

go dennis go

Bejay 12-10-2003 03:08 PM

3rd night, 3rd healthy scratch. Wow. Guess he'll be asking for a trade himself now.

Gags1288 12-10-2003 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bejay
3rd night, 3rd healthy scratch. Wow. Guess he'll be asking for a trade himself now.

No, he'll be sent down on friday when the flyers go to Jersey and the Phantoms play. He's not missing anything by being up with the Flyers and he does practice with the team so I don't see what the problem with Seidenberg being up with the big club and not playing is.

blah 12-10-2003 04:24 PM

JFF said that awhile ago. Bejay just refuses to read it or is too dense to comprehend it.