HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Canadians deserve better (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34458)

habsorhabsnot 12-08-2003 05:08 PM

Canadians deserve better

Unbeleivable effort against a great team and we still come up short.
What the hell is Rivet doing out there screwing things up for his teammates??????? :mad:
He was on the ice for all 3 goals and had the best seat in the house for the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
BG needs to get rid of this piece of s###, Dallas is ready so lets do something, game in and game out he is our worst player.
I wont stop asking until something gets done.

Rivet :madfire: burn someone elses team for a change!

Loved the rest of the effort though to bad Rivet SUCKS!!!!!! :cry:

BigM1ke 12-08-2003 05:10 PM

WTF

Stop blaming Rivet dammit. That was a great game. Philadephia was lucky that's it.

BigM1ke 12-08-2003 05:13 PM

I still can't believe how great we played tonight... So frustrating.

caper13 12-08-2003 05:14 PM

it was a great game but rivet did suck komi was awsome he deserved more ice time. :yo:

Rahan 12-08-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
WTF

Stop blaming Rivet dammit. That was a great game. Philadephia was lucky that's it.

They were lucky to some extent, but Rivet was on the two first goals if I remember, did nothing to stop Leclair in front (who then redirected the shot). He didn't play that bad, but has his part of responsibility once again.

I agree that the Flyers got lucky tonight. We deserved to win, but then again that's another story.

BigM1ke 12-08-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahan
They were lucky to some extent, but Rivet was on the two first goals if I remember, did nothing to stop Leclair in front (who then redirected the shot). He didn't play that bad, but has his part of responsibility once again.

I agree that the Flyers got lucky tonight. We deserved to win, but then again that's another story.

The first goal was CLEARLY Bulis' fault!! He didn't follow his player we saw it clearly on the replay. Bulis himself was feeling bad after the goal. The 2nd one was a lucky goal and the 3rd one a deflection goal.. Leclair was at least 1 meter away from the goal... Rivet isn't to blame.

deandebean 12-08-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
The first goal was CLEARLY Bulis' fault!! He didn't follow his player we saw it clearly on the replay. Bulis himself was feeling bad after the goal. The 2nd one was a lucky goal and the 3rd one a deflection goal.. Leclair was at least 1 meter away from the goal... Rivet isn't to blame.

Yes it was Rivet's coverage. The slot area is not only in front of the goalie. There were no other Philly forwards close. He HAD to come to Leclair's position. One meter to the net is still close. And it's Leclair we're talking about, not Donald Brassière.

Istvan 12-08-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsorhabsnot
Unbeleivable effort against a great team and we still come up short.
What the hell is Rivet doing out there screwing things up for his teammates??????? :mad:
He was on the ice for all 3 goals and had the best seat in the house for the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
BG needs to get rid of this piece of s###, Dallas is ready so lets do something, game in and game out he is our worst player.
I wont stop asking until something gets done.

Rivet :madfire: burn someone elses team for a change!

Loved the rest of the effort though to bad Rivet SUCKS!!!!!! :cry:

I've said before Rivet is just not that good. He does try but i'd like to see him traded.
GREAT team effort though. Dagenais roofed a beauty and Ribs handed Zed a goal with that deadly pass. If the team keeps playing this well we'll finish well above .500.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 12-08-2003 05:27 PM

1st goal : Johnsson (a dman) went to the net. How can it be Rivet's fault? How in hell can that goal be his fault???

2nd goal : Weak and very innoffensive shot and went it.... Once again, how can it be his fault?

3rd goal : A point shot that Leclair barely touched..... How could Rivet stop it???

If you were in my face, I would punch you on the head.

goalchenyuk 12-08-2003 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
1st goal : Johnsson (a dman) went to the net. How can it be Rivet's fault? How in hell can that goal be his fault???

2nd goal : Weak and very innoffensive shot and went it.... Once again, how can it be his fault?

3rd goal : A point shot that Leclair barely touched..... How could Rivet stop it???

If you were in my face, I would punch you on the head.

respect please ! if you want to insult someone , go away ....so please ,

-_- 12-08-2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper13
it was a great game but rivet did suck komi was awsome he deserved more ice time. :yo:

Damn ! Shut the **** up please !

You people are so easily influenced by the media, it's discusting ! Rivet played solid tonight, physical ! I'm sorry but you can't put the blame on this shoulder this time... he didn't cover Leclair on the last goal but damn it wasn't the only mystake on the play... Ryder didn't cover Weinrich... bla bla bla... Rivet played well all night long so give him a break... where was Perreault (on the 4th line i know but i mean he didn't do anything good while he was on the ice)... Bouillon did a lot of mystakes too but at least he shows emotions like the rest of the team ! Why should we focus on the negatives sides ? Look at the positive, we played awesome, Begin played good againt, Saku was simply awesome, his best game so far, he was skating and in charge every shift...

Komi was patient with the puck and he played good overall but he maded mistakes too,you people (most of y'all) are dick ryding him a lot ! I don't say that he's not good or that we shouldn't be excited about his developpement, i say that he is not at the level of a brisebois or a sourray, he will be, we hope so and he should, but as of now he is not so please stop the dick ryding and start looking for real at his game !

ChemiseBleuHonnete 12-08-2003 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

It wasn't an attempt to insult at all... It was what I would do if someone said that we lost because of Rivet tonite.

-_- 12-08-2003 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

Dude you wanna talk about respect ? The way habs fans are treating Rivet is a lack of respect too buddy !

I agree with you that ax²+bx+c and myself may lack of respect but damn it's pissing me off seing you guys' reactions game after game...

Belarus Rocket 12-08-2003 05:46 PM

Hey guys IMO it was one of the best game the Habs played this season too bad Leclair score that goal :cry: But anyway we were better than Philadelphia and they know It,they only stole those 2 points but It's life :dunno:

EDIT:and BTW Rivet was not that bad, so could we just stop bashing this guy everytime we lose!!

habsfan19 12-08-2003 05:52 PM

3 mins to go and we blow it, man what a great game though, one of the best this year

Rivet was doing alright until he let LeClair all alone for the winner, maybe the dude needs glasses or something
you don't let John LeClair wide open in front of the net

Garon had a great game, shows that he's not rusty even though he doesn't play too often

habsorhabsnot 12-08-2003 05:53 PM

Quote:

It wasn't an attempt to insult at all... It was what I would do if someone said that we lost because of Rivet tonite.

:shakehead
Hey listen I'me entitled to my opinion, i pay good money to see alot of games every year.
Now maybe saying it was all Rivets fault was a bit presumpious on my part ,
He was still on the ice for all three goals and is a negative player (+/-)
And Leclair was his responsability and he did nothing!!!! no push no shove no kiss goodnight! so to heck with his play!

If you defend him and then threaten to punch me in the head ,
I am Really not to offended because if you are anything like Rivet I wouldn't feel ... a thing :p

Later
p.s. Rivet NANANANA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYE

Belarus Rocket 12-08-2003 06:01 PM

Ok I think It's time some of you watch the replay of the 3rd goal.If you watch It closely,we can saw Garon talking to Rivet and I think he Is asking him to get out of the way because he cannot see the puck so Rivet go away,but a second later the puck arrives and It's too late,so IMO, I think Rivet take the good decision because he just want Garon to get a clear view of the play,but sadly It was too late,sure Rivet could have pushed Leclair out of the net but this happen so fast, he probably just want to help Is goaltender

BigM1ke 12-08-2003 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Ok I think It's time some of you watch the replay of the 3rd goal.If you watch It closely,we can saw Garon talking to Rivet and I think he Is asking him to get out of the way because he cannot see the puck so Rivet go away,but a second later the puck arrives and It's too late,so IMO, I think Rivet take the good decision because he just want Garon to get a clear view of the play,but sadly It was too late,sure Rivet could have pushed Leclair out of the net but this happen so fast, he probably just want to help Is goaltender

Exactly. If Rivet would have gone for Leclair on that play, he wouldn't have helped Garon's view of the puck cuz he would been right in front of him! So he decided to let Garon see the puck instead.

Habs4Life 12-08-2003 06:46 PM

I watched the replay... and unfortunately it was totally Rivet's fault..

He did not take John in front of the net letting John tip the puck into the net!!! TRADE RIVET!

Harry Kakalovich 12-08-2003 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsorhabsnot
:shakehead
Hey listen I'me entitled to my opinion, i pay good money to see alot of games every year.
Now maybe saying it was all Rivets fault was a bit presumpious on my part ,
He was still on the ice for all three goals and is a negative player (+/-)
And Leclair was his responsability and he did nothing!!!! no push no shove no kiss goodnight! so to heck with his play!

If you defend him and then threaten to punch me in the head ,
I am Really not to offended because if you are anything like Rivet I wouldn't feel ... a thing :p

Later
p.s. Rivet NANANANA HEYHEYHEY GOODBYE

rivet played terrific.

garon gave up two softies and ryder has GOT to pot that 3 on 1 with five minutes left or pass it... that would have nailed down the win. oh well... it was a great game.

Tuggy 12-08-2003 09:17 PM

I just saw the highlights on tsn.ca and for anyone to say that Rivet "did the right thing" on that last goal is crazy!!! Just go watch the highlight if you think that.

I am really impressed by Komiserak!!! When Handzus ran into Garon, Komi stepped in and protected his goalie! He only really got one shot in but he did get the takedown!

SuperUnknown 12-08-2003 10:02 PM

Rivet was completely terrible on the last goal. He made a rookie mistake: he was eating pop-corn watching the play when he should have taken LeClair when that one got to the front of the net. After all, that was his job and his man since there was no one else around.

The first goal was Bulis's fault.

The 2nd goal was Bouillon's fault, he had his back to the play.

Joe Maximum 12-08-2003 11:40 PM

Jesus Fn C**** are you sheep just all waiting for Bob Gainey to come out and defend rivet before you stop the pointless bashing?????

The whole point of having a system in a team is to know that everyone has a role and if everyone plays it right, it works. As stated earlier, the first goal was Bulis' fault. He kinda looked lost all night long, stuck between offensive and defensive mode ( can't really blame him considering he'S been the team hole filler, CJ has to settle down and give poor Jan a bit of stability in his role ). That second goal was Bouillon's fault. I know many of you love Bouillon, but while he is the most intense player, that still doesn't make him the most effective.Just because he shows 200 % effort doesn't make him a perfect player ( if work ethic alone was enough to make it in the NHL, Pierre Sevigny would be a hall of famer ) . ANd on the third goal, you can't really blame rivet. If he was to go pressure Leclair, he would have only done the wrong thing by adding to the screen. What Rivet did was the right thing, ask any goalie what they would rather have their D do in a similar situation, and 99% would tell you they'd rather have the D-man close to the crease to clear a dangerous rebound and let them get the best view possible on the shot. And why the hell are we even debating about who's fault the 3rd goal was when WE ALL AGREE IT WAS A LUCKY GOAL.

Tuggy have you ever played in net? I can guarantee you that Garon would have been 1000 x more pissed had Rivet been bothering leclair on that play, because by bothering leclair he just crowds his view of the shot, and simply gives an easy shot to ragnarsson.

If you're gonna play the blame game, why not blame mr puck hog zednik who at least at 2 occasions I can remember took shots when Dags or Ribs obviously had a better shot? why not blame Ryder for not burying that 3 on 1 ? why not blame Captain Koivu for not making that a tape to tape pass to Ryder ( that shot came off weak because the pass was wobbly look at the replays ).

Hockey is a team sport. It's easy to isolate all the one and one battles and try and take 1 player to be a scapegoat, but the bottom line is, the team lost, and tonight it couldn't be blamed on one player. We saw a total team effort tonight, and we should be happy about that.

Tuggy 12-09-2003 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Maximum
Tuggy have you ever played in net? I can guarantee you that Garon would have been 1000 x more pissed had Rivet been bothering leclair on that play, because by bothering leclair he just crowds his view of the shot, and simply gives an easy shot to ragnarsson.

I understand what you are saying about not adding to the screen....but did you see the play? I know you don't want to screen your own goalie BUT you also don't want to leave a past 50 goal scorer stand alone in front of the net to do as he pleases...the end result---a GWG for Mr.Leclair. Say what you want but the way I see it Rivet was simply watching the play while LeClair was finishing it.

deandebean 12-09-2003 03:29 AM

Quote:

Rivet does suck the bone. But he's not the main factor for yesterday's loss. Montreal did a pretty decent job covering down low during most of the game. But it the high coverage that sucked in the 3rd. For no reason whatsoever. That being said, Leclair's tip in is a freak happening. Players try it and 8 times out of 10, they can't get the right touch to it.