HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ottawa/Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=34571)

eazye 12-09-2003 06:57 AM

Proposal: Ottawa/Detroit

With Steve Yzerman not playing ever game and with all of the rest of Detroit's centerman being on the smallish side would Detroit be interested in BONK?! I believe Muckler brought in Smolinski to replace Bonk, so Bonk is expendable. I was thinking of a Bonk/Rachunek for McCarty/Fischer. Detroit gets their big Centerman and a young right handed shot defenceman in Rachunek. Ottawa gets some major Grit and Playoff experience in McCarty and a Young, Big Defenceman in Fischer. Is that a fair deal?

Howard35 12-09-2003 07:21 AM

we dont need a player like bonk at all actually. Rachunek isnt what we need either and in a few years fischer is gonna be a huge force for us, if he isnt already.. and we arent breaking up the grind line any time soon

A Good Flying Bird* 12-09-2003 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazye
With Steve Yzerman not playing ever game and with all of the rest of Detroit's centerman being on the smallish side would Detroit be interested in BONK?! I believe Muckler brought in Smolinski to replace Bonk, so Bonk is expendable. I was thinking of a Bonk/Rachunek for McCarty/Fischer. Detroit gets their big Centerman and a young right handed shot defenceman in Rachunek. Ottawa gets some major Grit and Playoff experience in McCarty and a Young, Big Defenceman in Fischer. Is that a fair deal?

Not a bad deal.

V for Voodoo 12-09-2003 07:47 AM

Terrible deal for Ottawa. Beyond terrible..

PigPen 12-09-2003 08:01 AM

Not terrible based on what Fischer has shown what he can become with his play earlier in the season.
Right now he's stuck in the whole "Good game bad game" phase but he has played extremely well when he gets more than 19 minutes of playing time. I think the main problem with him is confidence right now. Early in the year he was rushing the puck and looked like he could be a very good 2-way defenseman with an awesome physical presence. Some games he turns it on, some games he doesn't since about the 8th or 9th game of the season.
McCarty I think would definately be replacable on the ice but not in the locker room. That would piss off not only some of the fans but plenty of Wings players as well. Why upset the delicate chemistry the wings have built over the past few years?

Bonk and Rachunek are good but I don't think that either of them is what the wings need.

Poignant Discussion 12-09-2003 08:02 AM

Yes terrible based upon anything

John Flyers Fan 12-09-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Terrible deal for Ottawa. Beyond terrible..

Agreed, Ottawa gets hosed.

BrianBurke 12-09-2003 11:40 AM

I don't think Ottawa gets 'hosed.'
Big, tough, defensively capable blueliners like Jiri are hard to come by. I think he'd look great in a Sens uniform.
McCarty... now there's a playoff warrior, and if the Sens want a player to help them take that next step, he might be a very underrated option.

As for the Wings side, Bonk would probably fit in nicely... not standing out so much on the talent-laden Wings.
It looks right now like he could use a change in scenery. For whatever reason, he just doesn't look comfortable in Ottawa anymore.

As for Rachunek, haven't heard all that much about him, and he's the only wildcard in this deal. If the Sens are sending a good d-man too Detroit to get another good d-man, then maybe it doesn't make sense. If, as I suspect, Karel is a 5th or 6th guy, then I'd say go for it.

John Flyers Fan 12-09-2003 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBurke
I don't think Ottawa gets 'hosed.'
Big, tough, defensively capable blueliners like Jiri are hard to come by. I think he'd look great in a Sens uniform.
McCarty... now there's a playoff warrior, and if the Sens want a player to help them take that next step, he might be a very underrated option.

As for the Wings side, Bonk would probably fit in nicely... not standing out so much on the talent-laden Wings.
It looks right now like he could use a change in scenery. For whatever reason, he just doesn't look comfortable in Ottawa anymore.

As for Rachunek, haven't heard all that much about him, and he's the only wildcard in this deal. If the Sens are sending a good d-man too Detroit to get another good d-man, then maybe it doesn't make sense. If, as I suspect, Karel is a 5th or 6th guy, then I'd say go for it.

Rachunek & Fischer have similar trade values. Fischer may be higher, but the difference between those two is minimal when comparing the differene between Bonk & McCarty.

Bonk is the Sens #1 center. McCarty is an injury prone, 3rd/4th line winger.

RoyIsALegend* 12-09-2003 11:54 AM

I think this trade would be closer to being fair with a *healthy* Tomas Holmstrom in place of Darren McCarty.

John Flyers Fan 12-09-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I think this trade would be closer to being fair with a *healthy* Tomas Holmstrom in place of Darren McCarty.

It would be closer if it was Todd White instead of Radek Bonk.

Vatican Roulette 12-09-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazye

Not a bad offer, and fair value wise. I just think Detroit's management is very high on Fischer. Plus, McCarty is Illitch favorite player(said during the contract talks, Detroit New or Free Press, one of them)

As for the comment about breaking up the grind line, McCarty isn't the best fit for that line anyway.